🇫🇷 Bordeaux Raffle Prizes

Forum » Conventions and Meetings | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
I know I could simply PM Krissa33, but by opening a new thread for this I hope to remind others that donating raffle prizes (and buying raffle tickets at the Convention) is a good way to support the Convention :-)

I assume you need more raffle prizes???!!!

I'd love to bring a Nepal raffle prize, but unfortunately there's hardly any space left in my luggage (too many books, I know), so it's going to be only a tiny one. I went shoppping for Nepal souvenirs today in Kathmandu and found lots of lovely little things that all fit into a woven pencil case: a fridge magnet, a cute little box, a pencil made of recycled paper, a tiny purse, mini tiger balm, a small Ganesh figurine, a small bar of handmade soap, a sticker with Buddha's eyes, tiny Tibetan prayer flags etc.

to bring from Washington DC that doesn't traumatize people by including Trump.

It was so much easier when I could bring souvenirs that featured Obama, which people were excited about.

It was so much easier when I could bring souvenirs that featured Obama

You can still do that. I bet they would still be popular.

Maybe a couple of things . Depends on my luggage.

some nice items for a Mainz 2019 raffle prize ;-)

We will put together an Aussie raffle prize too.

We will certainly bring something from Norway.

No guarantees, but is there anything that you remember from Norway last year that you would like to find in the Norwegian raffle prize, please let us know:-)

is there anything that you remember from Norway last year that you would like to find in the Norwegian raffle prize, please let us know:-)

I could definitely go for a brick of Gjetost... the caramel flavoured one.

is there anything that you remember from Norway last year that you would like to find in the Norwegian raffle prize, please let us know:-)

I could definitely go for a brick of Gjetost... the caramel flavoured one.
I will bring:-) Preferably it should stay in the refrigerator most of the time, but a few hours during transport etc. shouldn't be a problem, and we can keep it in the refrigerator in our hotelroom if the venue doesn't have a refrigerator. You are in good company, by the way. According to a survey done in 2004, one million Norwegians would miss their Geitost while on vacation if they didn't bring it, and 600 000 would bring it with them:-)

I will bring:-)

That means I will *have* to buy raffle tickets, which I'm okay with! :-D

Remember that you must not pack that cheese in your hand luggage ... !!! :-)

No guarantees, but is there anything that you remember from Norway last year that you would like to find in the Norwegian raffle prize, please let us know:-)

Was it Norway or Sweden where we had Plopp?

Sweden!

just out of curiosity, does the word plopp mean something in Swedish?

just out of curiosity, does the word plopp mean something in Swedish?

It is a word for a sound. Like a dripping sound, or when something is separated from something else. Wow, what a bad explanation.

well I think it's just the same as the English plopping sound, then! The noise when you drop something into water!

Sweden!

Thank you I knew it was Scandinavian :-)

Thanks for starting a thread.
I'd love to donate a Florida prize. Yay, I love an excuse to let me go shopping. ; )

I’ve already got some stuff collected

As I had a Easter Parcel to do in March, I can get a little something for Raffle Prizes, also which could fit in my luggage (books are heavier). Let's go shopping !

I'd love to bring a Nepal raffle prize, --- it's going to be only a tiny one.

I think that is great. As most people will have full suitcases to bring back, a tiny raffle prize will be popular.

wingCassiopaeiawing 9 mos ago
Wales
I wonder if they do miniature bottles of Welsh gin, the large ones are a problem for hand luggage!

wingRazFazwing 9 mos ago
RE: Wales
I wonder if they do miniature bottles of Welsh gin, the large ones are a problem for hand luggage!

.... 😋

....collected by a part of the former BC Olympic games team ( Trinibell, RazFaz) with Sirly and hugbert.

wingsakirmowing 9 mos ago
The Finns
are also planning to put a little prize together... Let's see what the (currently) three of us can find and, more importantly, fit in our bags ;)

Mata Hari goodies in the museum today for two raffle prizes.

Having just changed my residence from Kathmandu to Berlin gave me another reason to go shopping - for a Berlin raffle prize :-)

Having just changed my residence from Kathmandu to Berlin gave me another reason to go shopping - for a Berlin raffle prize :-)

Hi,
welcome back ;-)

to represent Saint-Petersburg.
Hope everything goes according to plan :-)

I will try to bring something from Andalucia (Southern Spain)

;-)
I'll bring some good things from austria.

We are putting together a raffle prize from Dublin.......including chocolate Kimberleys!

Thank you to everyone who is donating prizes. I am a bad Bookcrosser and will be lucky to bring any books let alone raffle prizes :-( Hopefully the other Aussies will chuck in an extra packet or two of Tim Tams for me!

to start this thread!

Of course thre will be a raffle - a convention without raffle is not a convention!

And thank you for all of you who bring some raffle prizes with you

bc2018bdx 8 mos ago
Here is
the address to send books and other items to the convention:

Les Bookcorsaires
chez Ambre Souverain
15 lieu dit Le Bourg
F - 33350 Sainte Radegonde
France

I'm there now and will stay till the end

wingApoloniaXwing 7 mos ago
3 x Berlin
There are actually three Berlin raffle prizes now, one from 3malglueck, one from me and another one coming from the Berlin BCers (lots of little things that local BCers (and even some non-Berliners) gave me for the prize - ETA actually most of the things are from Lillianne and me, we've just been shopping....).

wingFifnawing 7 mos ago
Dutch prize
I have put together a little Dutch prize to add to the raffle.

Not country-related, just some things I've made.

I've sent a bunch of very small prizes for raffle or tombola about a month ago, I hope they've arrived in time. Mostly home-made bookstrings :)

I've sent a bunch of very small prizes for raffle or tombola about a month ago, I hope they've arrived in time. Mostly home-made bookstrings :)

Yes, they arrived!

Lytteltonwitch and I have put together a wee NZ-themed raffle too.

I don't know who put a ticket with my name into the Mainz bowl...
Thank you so much!

Thank you for doing so much work on a great convention. I cannot claim credit, but I likely share the blame because I know multiple people who entered your name for prizes. You deserve it.

So if you won any of the 6 notebooks with a circuit board front cover... I hope you'll enjoy the work of my hands! To be honest, I did not make the notebooks. I only replaced the tacky, ugly, cheap covers with pieces of circuit board that have been salvaged from old computers and other devices.
Circuit board is such a lovely material that I can't bear to see it go to waste especially if it's a pretty colour! And making stuff, or changing stuff from (what I see as) ugly into (what I see as) beautiful is such a rewarding hobby.

So if you won any of the 6 notebooks with a circuit board front cover...

I wish... maybe next time. Beautiful work, moem.

So if you won any of the 6 notebooks with a circuit board front cover...

I wish... maybe next time. Beautiful work, moem.

I agree, wonderful recycling Moem! More for Mainz???

More for Mainz???

I'll see what I can do!

So if you won any of the 6 notebooks with a circuit board front cover... I hope you'll enjoy the work of my hands!

I already have one, you offered me one during the Pirate Convention in Bordeaux in 2016, do you remember? And it is always in my handbag ;-)

it is always in my handbag ;-)

Oh how nice! Just like your very cool clock is gracing our wall. :-D

Loved seeing all the different prizes people put together. The beautiful blue tea pot was my favorite, but alas, I had no way of safely getting it home in one piece. I was so happy to win two prizes but even happier to have the second Nepal prize go to another BCer (winning 1 prize was more than I could carry!).

I'm also glad to see someone added to my 'Banned Book' themed raffle prize with additional gifts from abroad. BCers are so generous!

BCers are so generous!

Yes, they are, and due to your generosity I received the beautiful Nepal raffle prize in your place. Thank you so much!

Loved seeing all the different prizes people put together. The beautiful blue tea pot was my favorite, but alas, I had no way of safely getting it home in one piece. .....

This was my favorit too - and I was so happy to win the blue tea pot. You can't imagine how.
Luckily we're coming by car this convention.
It's safetly reached our home and we had our first tea party with it.

and we had our first tea party with it.

speaking of tea parties - I'm drinking the tea a certain someone ;) presented to me - it brings back nice memories

I'm drinking the tea a certain someone ;) presented to me - it brings back nice memories

And I've had tea with the lovely sweet treats I got from a certain someone... all the way from Miami.
I'm also enjoying the lovely Norwegian cheese. That, too, is a real treat.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.