corner corner Loughborough accomodation trouble

Forum | << Conventions and Meetings | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Loughborough accomodation trouble

We had booked our room already in February at the New Life Guesthouse, very close to the venue. It seemed very nice and affordable.

Yesterday I received an email with a cancellation due to "overbooking". I tried in vain to make them change their mind and cancel the other persons reservation as surely they had made their reservation after ours.

Plus their communication style was cheeky/impudent. (You'd better quickly book some other hotel room as it will be difficult to find one now. - Oh really?? Maybe that is why we already booked in February!!)

You can imagine how angry I am right now.

Does anybody else a reservation with them? You'd better check with them if it is still valid.

We now have a room in the Ramada Hotel. Who else does?

And where are you others staying?

Complete Thread

Profile Image

We had booked our room already in February at the New Life Guesthouse, very close to the venue. It seemed very nice and affordable.

Yesterday I received an email with a cancellation due to "overbooking". I tried in vain to make them change their mind and cancel the other persons reservation as surely they had made their reservation after ours.

Plus their communication style was cheeky/impudent. (You'd better quickly book some other hotel room as it will be difficult to find one now. - Oh really?? Maybe that is why we already booked in February!!)

You can imagine how angry I am right now.

Does anybody else a reservation with them? You'd better check with them if it is still valid.

We now have a room in the Ramada Hotel. Who else does?

And where are you others staying?

Profile Image
I'm in the Ramada too!

I'm sorry to hear about the guesthouse - I can imagine you're furious. I hate it when stuff like that happens.
Profile Image
I'm in the Ramada too!

That is great!

Have we met in Oslo?
Profile Image
I'm in the Ramada too!

That is great!

Have we met in Oslo?

I was there, but I'm not sure whether we met. Looking forward to meeting in a couple of weeks!
Profile Image
Glad you got something else. I think their attitude needs a review on Trip Advisor.
Profile Image
That's awful service! So glad you found something else and there are other bookcrossers staying there.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.