**CLOSED** Favourite Book of 2020 Roundabout

Forum » Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
*** Sign-up for the 2021 Roundabout is now open ***

Sign-up will stay open until we have a maximum of 12 people taking part and it will be international as long as there are enough people to post overseas.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

** A roundabout is a type of bookring, where everyone who participates sends one of their books to the next participant. And so the book goes round until it has been with every participant and every participant has read all the books.

** So first, choose the book you enjoyed reading the most in 2020 or the one that you most want to share with other bookcrossers. It can be from any genre, fiction or non-fiction, but must be reasonably light to post internationally. NO HARDBACKS PLEASE.

** PM me with your shipping preferences and address (I’ll only use this to pass to the person who will be posting to you). I will do my best to match everybody up.

** I will send out a list of participants towards the end of 2020 and, in January 2021, you send your book to the next person on the list.

** You will receive a book in January. You read it and then in February, send it on to the next person on the list. Repeat until you have read all 12 books and your book has returned to you.

** Regularly visit this forum conversation to update everyone when you post or receive a book, so we can see that the roundabout is still working smoothly and no books have got lost.

SOME THINGS TO THINK ABOUT BEFORE SIGNING UP

** There will be a maximum of 12 participants and the idea is to send one book a month. This means you have to commit to READING and POSTING one book a month. If you don’t think you can do that for the whole of 2021, then this isn’t the roundabout for you.

** Please don’t mention the title of the book you’ve sent or received in this forum post - books should be a surprise.

** There may be a risk you’ll receive a book you’ve already read. But by signing up for the roundabout, you agree to post 12 books out and part of the fun is reading other people’s comments. DO NOT SKIP someone on the list just because they have read the book you are sending. DO NOT ASKED TO BE SKIPPED if you've worked out what book you are about to read - its up to you whether you re-read it, or just send it on, but everyone taking part should receive a journal entry on their book from the other 11 players.

** When choosing a book, please try to avoid books that have been used on previous year’s roundabouts (earthcaroleanne has a fantastic list on her profile page if you would like to check or get an idea of the sort of books sent).

** Lastly, this is an International event and although I will try to honor shipping preferences, I might not be able to, although I will try to get close. Please check out postage costs from your country and decide whether you can afford to take part before signing up.

And that’s it! Happy Reading

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS
1 Dark-Draco UK
2 Cross-Patch UK
3 Earthcaroleanne UK
4 Poodlesister UK
5 greenbadger UK
6 Math-Girl40 Canada
7 Mcsar Canada
8 Valpete USA
9 Icila France
10 Paulanni Finland
11 grovalskii Germany
12 Fifna Netherlands

wingFifnawing 3 mos ago
Yes please!
Count me in again, this is always great.

It's been great fun this year.

Forgot to say: I'll post anywhere.

I've been saving a book since January.

ETA - forgot to say UK posting, please

After a disastrous 2020 in so many ways I just looking for a more sedate 2021 where I can relax and curl up with a book. The end of this year has become more calmer so I feel that the corner has turned. Many thanks for everyone;s patience one day I'll sit down and list so many things that went wrong with 2020 would make a great soap opera.

Many thanks all

Bill

I would love to join again and I'm willing to mail internationally.

I love this group! ...and I know which book I'll choose for this year! I can ship anywhere.

I had to skip this roundabout for a few years but now that my life is back to normal, I would love to participate again! Please count me in. PM coming.

Seems that il w’ll be, for all of us, more complicated to mail Int. (Customs regulations and paperwork ) but que sera sera...

I have tried to hold out, but I can't anymore. This roundabout just brings too many interesting books.

And I can ship anywhere, but prefer sending to US. 8)

wingPaulanniwing 3 mos ago
I am in
This keeps beckoning me. I try to turn my back to it, but it just keeps doing it... I'd better try this out, sounds like an interesting roundabout. My first.

I am in Finland and prefer to post to Europe. I'll pm my info later today.

Ok I give in. I will be the 12th participant. UK or Europe postage please.

Please keep me in mind if anyone needs to drop out (UK, can send int'l).

Billbooks 3 mos ago
Grovel
If I'm not banished after this years disaster I'd love to join and show my true colours and ardent bookcrosser fan. If I am banished I fully understand I just hope that 2021 is better for all of us

Sorry elstaplador and Billbooks - you just missed out but if we get any drop outs I will give you a shout to see if you're still interested.

Was on the wrong forum, obviously... If you need an extra, think of me...☹️

let me know ASAP if anyone foresees problems with this?

This works for me! Thanks again for all your work in organizing.

Great, works for me. Thank you for organising, I am quite excited to get started on my first ever roundabout.

Looks good to me. Thanks.How soon do I need to get my book in the post?

Looks good to me too. Thanks for organising this again!

Thank you.

can I swap with her again so that I am sending to Valpete in US?

can I swap with her again so that I am sending to Valpete in US?

I have no objections!

Good luck little books - lets hope you have a great travelling 2021!

Received, thank you for organizing one more time.

Recieved. Thanks very much. I will get my book in the post tomorrow or MOnday

Thanks so much. Really looking forward to this!

For mine. I'll post after Christmas.

Received, thanks!

Received as well, thank you. I will post after Christmas weekend.

I haven’t received a pm 🙁

wingmcsarwing 2 mos ago
Received.
Thanks for organizing. I will probably post after Christmas too.

wingvalpetewing 2 mos ago
My book
Will be going in the mail tomorrow.

that Royal Mail and Parcelforce are suspending all postal services to Europe and Canada. Maybe those of us in the UK should avoid posting abroad for a little while. They are saying on the news this morning that the risk is minimal for catching the virus from packages or letters, there have been no documented cases. But we don't want them to get lost in a depot somewhere.

that Royal Mail and Parcelforce are suspending all postal services to Europe and Canada. Maybe those of us in the UK should avoid posting abroad for a little while. They are saying on the news this morning that the risk is minimal for catching the virus from packages or letters, there have been no documented cases. But we don't want them to get lost in a depot somewhere.

I had heard something about that too. I hope everything I have already sent has left the UK. It's all those poor lorry drivers parked up in Kent that I feel sorry for. I hope they get home to their respective countries in time for Christmas.

I'm sending from EU to UK, so I'm going to hold off for a few days to see what happens.

Thank you, I was wondering about this. I have two books that are due to go to Canada and one to Ireland, guess I will wait till things settle down.

wingvalpetewing 2 mos ago
My book
I braved the post office today and mailed my book to Icila.

I've just posted my book to mcsar.

wingPaulanniwing 2 mos ago
My book
is on the way to grovalskii, I posted it this afternoon (Dec 28th).

Yay! And I will mail my book to Fifna today.

Yay! And I will mail my book to Fifna today.

It has arrived here!

is on the way to grovalskii, I posted it this afternoon (Dec 28th).

It arrived today. Sounds very interesting!

IF there aren't too many people in the Post Office.
Better safe.

Thanks to Earthcaroleanne for your address.

I just posted my book to greenbadger.

Me too!

Post to Canada has only just restarted so I hope it gets there safely!

Excited to start the new round.

It arrived today

wingFifnawing 1 mo ago
Posted today
I posted my book to dark-draco today. As I'm posting from EU to UK, I wanted to avoid sending it before the 31st and it reaching the UK after the 31st, under the new rules. I've duly stuck a customs form on the parcel, so all should be well (but do let me know if there are any issues). It's anybody's guess how long it'll take though.

And it has arrived. Thank you

Has arrived with me.

to valpete.

is with me now.

is on its way to dark-draco.

Now on the way to mathgirl40.

Now on the way to mathgirl40.

And it has arrived in Canada. That was a quick trip across the ocean, greenbadger!

and will send it on to Fifna within the next couple of days.

and will send it on to Fifna within the next couple of days.

And it has arrived here.

I posted it 3 weeks ago. I'm worrying.
Edit : arrived today ! That's serendipity for you. 😄

I have also been worried as I knew that you had posted it three weeks ago. Now we can stop worrying as it arrived in today's mail (Feb 17)! Thank you.
Edit: Saw your edit after saving my note.

Is travelling to its next address.

is on its way to greenbadger

is on the way to grovalskii.

is on the way to grovalskii.

It arrived. :)

is now travelling to mcsar.

Has just arrived with me.

Has arrived. Thank you.

is travelling to dark-draco.

Posted to mathgirl40 this afternoon.

...will be on its way to Icila today or tomorrow.

to valpete.

Both Paulanni's and grovalski's books are with me.

Fifna’s book is on the way to earthcaroleanne.

wingvalpetewing 3 days ago
Mathgirl40's
book is now with me.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.