The Ghost of a Bookring (UK and Europe only) (Closed & Travelling)

Forum » Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Well the nights are starting to draw in here in the UK and Halloween will soon be upon us so I thought it time for a ghostly bookring. How it works:

**Please PM me if you want to join**
This ring is for UK and Europe only.

I will send two books where the title contains ghost, haunt or spirit, or their derivatives, to the first person on the list. That person takes one of those books and replaces that book with another book with ghost, haunt, spirit, or their derivatives, in the title. Then that person will send those two books to the next person on the list and so on. Please tell on this thread only which book you took out.
The books are a surprise. Do not tell what book you are sending.

BUT BEWARE: Make sure you enter a JE and pass the ring on quickly or the books may stay with you and HAUNT YOU FOREVER (evil laugh). YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!

Who is in?

Bookworm-lady
Plum-crazy
Dolph1n
Winterbirth
yorkshire-lass
ReetPetite
mysteriousmummy
3vie
earthcaroleanne

Please let me be the first to join... I love ghost stories!! :)

....I must have something that will fit.
Would prefer UK posting though.

You're both in. Thanks for joining.

dolph1n 5 mos ago
Me please
Uk only

Uk only

You're in. Thanks for joining.

I saw this and was trying to ignore it but I do have a suitable book that's been on my TBR for a while. Can I have UK posting near the end, please?

Thanks

Ah that book really wants to travel so your resistance was futile :-)
You're in and thanks for joining.

UK preferable

wingTanamowing 4 mos ago
RE: Me please

I would prefer UK posting if possible :-)

PM received. You're in. Thanks for joining.

I’m not ghost friendly.

I’m not ghost friendly.

OK I promise not to send you a poisoned pumpkin :-)

3vie 4 mos ago
Me too please
But could I be near the end as I’m in a few rings/boxes at the minute and need to read a suitable book 👍🏻

Ok you're in. Thanks for joining.

mysteriousmummy 4 mos ago
Hi
thanks for the pm i'm in

wingTanamowing 4 mos ago
RE: Hi
Ok thanks for joining.

But afraid I’ll have to skip this one x

No problem. Its not everyone's cup of tea.

to Bookworm-lady

to Bookworm-lady

Looking forward to being pleasantly scared! :)

...very timely for Halloween!
I like them both, it's going to be tough deciding... or maybe I will just keep them and send two replacements. I will try not to take too long.

This was a great selection, difficult to choose only one; so I am keeping:

"Haunted Liverpool 9", by Tom Slemen
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/16037576/
AND
"Three Winter Ghosts", by Gary Sargent
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/16039197/

My replacements are ready to go in the next batch, as soon as I receive Plum-crazy's address...

...and they are on their way to Plum-crazy; I hope they will arrive safely, and you'll find something you like. :)

dolph1n 2 mos ago
It's here
I will get it posted on again ASAP.

Glad it's got there. Had just checked on Royal Mail tracker & it said "An update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver your item" so thought it must still be in transit!

Glad it's got there. Had just checked on Royal Mail tracker & it said "An update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver your item" so thought it must still be in transit!

I was getting really concerned, Plum. I wish you had posted when you received the books. :)

I was getting really concerned, Plum. I wish you had posted when you received the books. :)

Apologies.. I honestly thought I had.

I took out "An English Ghost Story" by Kim Newman which it also looks like I forgot to journal - duh!!
So sorry Bookworm-lady x

Apologies.. I honestly thought I had.

I took out "An English Ghost Story" by Kim Newman which it also looks like I forgot to journal - duh!!
So sorry Bookworm-lady x

No problem, I'm glad that the parcel arrived safely, and that you found something you liked. :)

I took out Best Ghost 👻 Stories by Charles Dickens.
It's on its way to Winterbirth.

I am taking ‘Winter Ghosts’ by Kate Mosse. Will post as soon as possible.

Sent on Saturday

Arrived yesterday, I will put them to oneside and deal with them after Christmas. It may be the beginning of the new year before I get the chance to post them on.

Arrived yesterday, I will put them to oneside and deal with them after Christmas. It may be the beginning of the new year before I get the chance to post them on.

Did you keep any of the books? ;)

Will contact mysteriousmummy.
I've taken The Cup of Ghosts by Paul Doherty

will try to move on early next week

To the next participant

To the next participant

What have you chosen? Just being curious!! :)

A house of ghosts by w c ryan

I already have earthcaroleanne’s address so will get it on it’s way soon

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.