HI77's Audio Bookbox!! (US Only) (OPEN AND LOOKING FOR PARTICIPANTS!!)

Forum » Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Hey guys! :)

I had been hoping that the other audiobook box would become active again but I haven't had a lot of luck with getting a response. Maybe it'll come back at some point but I think for now we are on our own! LOL

I don't have a lot of audiobooks ready to go per se, maybe only about 10 or 12. So it would be a small book box that I can start. If you guys are still interested, I'm hoping you will jump in and join me!!

I'm ready to get the party started on a new Audio Bookbox!! Who's with me??

** Also, I was thinking that maybe I would put in a cassette audio book or two that I have around. This wouldn't require an exchange if you were interested it, but you could just take it if you wanted. And if somebody wanted to add one or two of their own that they were passing on as a freebie to somebody, that would be a good idea. What do you guys think?

Basic Bookbox Rules:

-Post when the box arrives to you here.

-Send a message to the next participant for their name and address, so you have it.

-Post here when you mail it out, with a tracking #.

-Make sure to JE any books you take.

BOOKBOX PARTICIPANT LIST:

- imawinn2
-rhythmbiscuit
-Azuki.
-book_drunkard
-indygo88.
-tco ( < -------- Bookbox is here!)
-Rebekkila
-
-
-
-You?

But I suppose this is US only, right? 😌

Sorry but it isn't possible to do international anymore. What used to cost $7 or $8 to ship now would cost $30. And that's for one book!!

US postal rates have become a nightmare. :(

It's fine, no worries :-)

Sorry but it isn't possible to do international anymore. What used to cost $7 or $8 to ship now would cost $30. And that's for one book!!

Indeed! the cost is simply ridiculous. It almost always costs more than what I mail inside the package, unless I'm sending gold. LOL.

However, when I get to travel again, I'll be happy to mail some audio books to you. I have so many I doubt I can use them all in the box.

imawinn2 6 mos ago
Add me!
I will be happy to join. I will see if I can get one or two others to join too.

HI77 6 mos ago
RE: Add me!

Thanks for joining! :)

I live in Colorado. Thanks!

Glad to have you! :)

I probably can contribute a few more titles in the box.

Great to have you! ;)

I have a few that would love to travel.
Please add me.

HI77 6 mos ago
RE: Me! Me! Me!

Thanks for coming in! ;)

book_drunkard 6 mos ago
BTW
I love the idea of adding cassettes as a freebie.
Not many people still listen to them ... but I do, and I have 2 or 3 to pass along.

dabercro 6 mos ago
RABCK
I have 12 audiobooks I would like to send you as a RABCK to add to your box. These books need to move. I don't listen to audiobooks now that I'm retired and not driving to work. I should be able to get them in the mail by next week. BTW I see that one of them is cassettes. HI77 I have your address.

HI77 6 mos ago
RE: RABCK

That's so nice of you! :)

Thanks for helping fill out our little box! ;)

Tracking #9549 0145 1471 0237 5517 40
Estimated delivery date 8/31

Thank you! ;)

I always have a lot of audiobooks to pass along. Count me in, please!

Thanks for joining! :)

HI77 6 mos ago
??

Can I get some more interested in us?

And if you know anyone else that you think would be interested in participating in this, please feel free to send them the link! ;)

HI77 5 mos ago
*bump*

Can i get some more interest?

I should have the box ready soon. ;)

HI77 5 mos ago
:)

The audio books are already... I need to find a damn box to fit them! I want to try to put them in last night was so close but it's a little too small.

Still, I'm hoping to have this out maybe this week? Anybody else want to jump in and join us? Is there anybody you can think of to invite to participate?

HI77 5 mos ago

Well Ladies... The Bookbox is of on its way!!

Here's to wishing it safe travels. There's a different amount in them there of all types. I think you guys will be pleased! ;)

The tracking # 9114 9014 9645 1834 8738 47

The bookbox arrived safe and sound. What a nice assortment. I will try to be quick about making my picks.

The audiobook box is now on it's way to rhythmbiscuit.

Tracking#
9549 0265 4336 0286 1663 62

Thank you for the update! ;)

What a varied selection! Thanks for this fun bookbox.

I took:
Captain Underhill Uncovers the Truth
Le Morte d'Arthur
The Unchangeable Spots of Leopards
Guns, Germs, and Steel
Plum Spooky

I put in five more, and I've contacted Azuki for an address.

Thanks for the update! ;)

Tracking #9549012652290301423630

And off it goes again! ;)

And off it goes again! ;)

And here it is!

tco 3 mos ago
May I join?
I have been away from bookcrossing for several years. I have TONS of audiobooks that I would love to share. I might even have some free cassette books. I am in North Carolina.

HI77 3 mos ago
RE: May I join?

Sure, you can join! :)

Will bring it to the post office this week.

Sounds good. ;)

I would like to join if that is OK

HI77 3 mos ago
RE: Can I join?

Sure! Happy to have you. :)

from the United States postal service stating that I had a package headed my way. I am assuming it is the bookbox.
Tracking number 9549 0144 0158 0346 3809 30
Will post again when it arrives but it looks like it will be a while as I've already received 2 delayed delivery notices on this package.

Hmmm.. well I've been seeing news articles about the post office running overloaded and slow right now.

So hopefully it should be too soon. :S

from the United States postal service stating that I had a package headed my way. I am assuming it is the bookbox.
Will post again when it arrives but it looks like it will be a while as I've already received 2 delayed delivery notices on this package.

My receipt said it was expected to arrive on 12/16. But well, it's Christmas, and we know mail has been delayed since before the election. At least we are hearing about it. When Covid first hit in March, I had overseas mail that went awol for weeks...

My receipt said it was expected to arrive on 12/16. But well, it's Christmas, and we know mail has been delayed since before the election. At least we are hearing about it. When Covid first hit in March, I had overseas mail that went awol for weeks...

I know the answer to the overseas mail issue! (I ordered a hand-stitched mask from Armenia)

Things are getting caught in our US Customs. I guess going out as well as coming in. I don't know what's with them and why they sit on crap. They sat on my mask for 4 months. The tracking proved it.

But since the Box is always inside the US, it's at least a little better for us.

I'm goin' in!
LOL

Glad to hear it finally landed! ;)

Who put in The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson?
There is no BCID.
Please message it to me so that I can journal it, thanks!

Who put in The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson?
There is no BCID.
Please message it to me so that I can journal it, thanks!

I was the one who put it in, but it should have a BCID as I was not the one who registered it, so the number got to be somewhere for me to be able to journal it when I received it in the past, and to release it.
Anyway, here it is 815-13230932

Mailed this afternoon.
Tracking #9549013951421006088403

indygo88 1 mo ago
It's here!
Box arrived today. I'll update again when I send it to the next reader.

HI77 1 mo ago
RE: It's here!

Another safe landing! :)

The box was sent out to tco today!
Tracking #: 9549 0130 1668 1021 3096 55

I have the bookbox...I received it last week after a tumultuous post office experience and then an out of town. Sorry for my delayed response.
I will get the box moving again as soon as I receive the next address.

The box is on it's way to Rebekkila!
Thanks so much for sharing!
9549 0151 9601 1047 4488 68
Estimated delivery date is 2/19/2021

Thanks for the update! :)

rebekkila 1 wk ago
arrived
The box arrived on the 18th. I have made my selections and put in new audios.

I pulled this from the Box and there is no BCID. I don't know who contributed this. If you send me a message I will put the BCID on it.

The BCID attached to this is not brining up the book. Could you please give me the correct BCID and I will fix it.

tco has this book marked as released into the bookbox.
You might need to message and ask for the correct BCID.
Not finding the other book, maybe they forgot to register it?

HI77 1 wk ago

Thanks for the update! :)

I checked and neither of those books are mine, so hopefully whoever they do belong to speaks up!

I'm not totally sure, but I don't think either of those books were in the box when it came to me. They may have been put in there by tco. Wouldn't hurt to message her (?) to find out.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.