[CLOSED] UK only ?Crime / mystery Bookbox? (under 2kg)

Forum » Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
I also wish to send out another round of this popular bookbox and again I have more than enough to start it now, however I thought I'd give possible participants a couple of weeks to enter and start it on its round towards the end of the month.

This is intended to be a small box containing only crime & mystery books.

There's six rules:

1. This is for Crime and Mystery novels only so please do not add “cosy” type books to it (I have almost enough to do one of these as well so it may yet happen also!)

2. There must be a minimum of 4 books in it. You can take out as many as you like but you MUST send on at least 4. More is fine as long as ......

3. ...... the package weighs under 2KG. This is just to keep costs down. Postage is currently £3.10 second class for up to 2KG.

4. Please journal the date the bookbox is received (BCID will be in the box - please leave for next person!) & sent on & of course, journal any books you remove.

5. As a courtesy to other readers please only put in books that are in a decent condition.

6. All the books currently in the box must be by different authors to ensure a variety of choice. So, for example, you could take out a book by Ian Rankin & put another Ian Rankin in as there would still be only one in the box .... hope that makes sense!

Participants (List to start in June) :

Nataliec7
3vie
Plum-crazy
dolph1n
yorkshire-lass
kinedi
riffraff71
earthcaroleanne
lelley
Tuftynut
disneyfreaksam
back to me (Flutterbies9)

The send out order may be amended as it travels but if you wish to be moved up or down the list please just let me know.

Please post here if you are interested.

Nataliec7 12 mos ago
Me please

3vie 12 mos ago
sign me up
please

:-)

Can't resist a crime bookbox

dolph1n 12 mos ago
Me please

Flutterbies9 12 mos ago
Yes
Thanks to you all in!

Flutterbies9 12 mos ago
Of course
and added.

Flutterbies9 11 mos ago
Bump

Flutterbies9 11 mos ago
Update
This box is ready to start on its journey - and has been for the last couple of weeks - but I was awaiting the end of the month to enable anyone else to join.

In the meantime, the corona virus restrictions have come into place and so posting this has become delayed. I will therefore keep these boxes until I can get out again and post them providing people are still willing to stay in the distribution until such time as that is possible.
Unfortunately, the Post Office has also upped the postage prices so the current 2kg small parcel second class price is now £3.10. I have updated the standard rules above to reflect this.

I thinks it might be best not to post things at the moment, a lot of people like me should not be out at all. So it may be best to hold on to any box you have until this is over or at least in a better place, it will give us something to look forward to :-)

but I will still take additional participants if wished.

But leave me to the end as I'm not reading much at the moment. Thanks

Please, thx

Sorry for keeping it for so long.

3vie 7 mos ago
Box is with me
👍🏻

Both tuftynut and earthcaroleanne added with apologies for not replying sooner!

I have a free afternoon so will be making my choices putting in replacements & getting it repacked to move on as soon as I've checked with the next in line :o)

I have a cough and other symptoms so I'm awaiting a test.. I got the postman to put the box in my garage where it will stay until after I have test results. I haven't touched it or been near it so if I test negative I will send it on then. If I test positive I will have a discussion on what to do.

Hope you're okay dolph1n, sending you a virtual (((HUG))) - the safest sort! ;o)
Take care x

Thank you for the hug. Much appreciated.

Dolph1n,

I'm sure all will be well, but I will put you down the various lists in the meantime just in case. I'd be happy to move you back up the lists again when all is confirmed well. Meantime, take care of yourself and sending positive vibes }}}}}}} your way :-)

Flutterbies9

Good idea, thank you.

Thank you x

Arrived today 😀

I will get it posted next week - got a long overdue week off work and planning on reading reading reading - as soon as I am back at work I will get this box moving again

Many thanks for the return of this box and hope to start another later in the year.

Thanks to all the participants who ensured the success of this round of the box.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.