The Water Creatures Bookring (Europe Only) Closed and Travelling

Forum » Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
How it works:
**Please PM me if you want to join**
This ring is for Europe only.

I will send two books where the title contains the name of a water creature to the first person on the list. This includes those that dwell in or around salt water and/or fresh water. That person takes one of those books and replaces that book with another book with a water creature in the title. Then that person will send those two books to the next person on the list and so on. Please tell on this thread only which book you took out.
The books are a surprise. Do not tell what book you are sending.

Who is in?
greenbadger
yorkshire-lass
millycat
dolph1n
mysteriousmummy (books are here)
Icila
Bookworm-lady
Winterbirth
3vie
and back to me Tanamo

I have a book for this.

You're in. Thanks for joining.

I'll have to "trawl" my bookshelf and look for a book :-)

You're in. Enjoy your fishing :-)

I'm in, thanks for the heads up!

Thanks for joining.

dolph1n 3 mos ago
Me please
UK only please.

Thanks Dolph1n. Hopefully I won't forget your UK only preference this time.

You're in. Thanks for the pm.

I'm sure I can find a book for this

Thanks for joining. Before I decided on this ring, I had a good look through the stacks and was amazed at how many book titles fit this category. Enjoy your search.

Thanks for the pm

wingTanamowing 3 mos ago
RE: Me please

I haven't written before, because I though that "The Water Creatures" was a book... ;)
I am sure I can find something suitable, this seems like fun. :)

Thanks for joining. I don't know if there really is a book called "The Water Creatures" but it wouldn't surprise me.

Thanks for joining. I don't know if there really is a book called "The Water Creatures" but it wouldn't surprise me.

It sounds good, like something by H.G. Wells or John Wyndham... :)

I don't want to include this but am curious as to whether The Water Babies would be allowed?

I don't want to include this but am curious as to whether The Water Babies would be allowed?

I'd say no as it's a fairy tale so not really about real creatures.

I'd say no as it's a fairy tale so not really about real creatures.

What about mermaids? :)

No mermaids - I'm not including mythical creatures in this one. Maybe we could have a Mythical Creatures bookring some time.

No mermaids - I'm not including mythical creatures in this one. Maybe we could have a Mythical Creatures bookring some time.

Ok, you intend to keep this realistic, I understand...
There is already a Mythological Sweeps, which should include mermaids (and water babies, I guess); maybe a bookring would be adequate too... :)

wing3viewing 3 mos ago
Count me in too
Please

I'm shocked. Are you telling me mermaids and water babies don't exist? You'll be trying to deny there's a tooth fairy next.

Oh dear, I've hurt your feelings so if Santa Klaus exists I'm going to be in trouble as I'll be on the naughty list!

to Greenbadger. Just waiting for the monsoon to cease so I don't have to swim to the PO.

They've arrived - I guess the water creatures didn't mind the swim. :)

It's going to be a difficult choice as both books look great.

Glad they arrived safely. I think I've been in danger of growing webbed feet though we do actually have sunshine today.

I've chosen Fish Tails by Sheri S. Tepper.

I hope things are drying out for you!

Read your JE today. Sheri is not to everyone's taste but like you I've enjoyed her work. Had two dry days but its drizzly here today and apparently its back to the monsoon at the weekend. At least we're not flooded and my heart goes out to those that are.

On their way to yorkshire-lass.

I will try to get them moving again by the end of the week :-)

Now they're with me! I'll pm dolphh1n for her details ready to send them on.

Just curious... :)

So sorry I don't know where my mind is at the moment, too many things to think about!!!
I chose Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters :-)

So sorry I don't know where my mind is at the moment, too many thinks to think about!!!
I chose Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters :-)

Thank you! :)

The parcel is still here waiting to be posted - it got caught up in the general Christmas craziness. So I think that I can't say yet?

dolph1n 1 mo ago
It's here
I am choosing The Penguin Lessons by Tom Michell. I will get it sent on as soon as I can.

Sorry had it since last week, will make my swap and moved on asap

Ten little herrings, I will be moving the parcel on by Monday at the latest.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.