ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter I - Round 2

Forum » Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes » Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

I am taking Independence Day https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15601073 and will drop it off at a local book sharing shop in the morning!

I've already added my book, and packed them up. Sent a PM to Chicvolley99 for their address, and will post the package as soon as I receive the address! Thank you for hosting these rings, I willrejoice!

Complete Thread
Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter I to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 I-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another I-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

Tracking numbers are encouraged. They're free now, & they're helpful for seeing where the book is at any given time.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

All books must be registered on BookCrossing.com.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

Ollie1976
Meekachu07
booklady331 (asked to be bumped down a few)
jmsmom
ravencat
perryfran
heartthumper
Southernfryed
Dove-i-libri
Chicvolley99
NancyNova
Suezq60 -- asked to be skipped
BooksandMusic
haahaahaa98
iwillrejoice

PM is on it's way...

Ollie1976, you're up next! PM'ing you now...

Will go out in tomorrow's mail.
Tracking number #9449009699937558848831
Happy picking!

PM next in line (haven't decided which one yet)

took Into Love and Out Again by Elinor Lipman....will get this out today

took Into Love and Out Again by Elinor Lipman....will get this out today

Thanks, Ollie1976.

tracking 9549026526119166567484

I will select "I Was Told There Would Be Cake" by Sloane Crosley

PMing next in line

Meekachu07 3 mos ago
Shipment
Books will go Monday.....here's the tracking 9449009699939062935960

Books will go Monday.....here's the tracking 9449009699939062935960

Thanks, Meekachu07.

wingjmsmomwing 3 mos ago
I'm thinking
I got skipped. Did I miss a pm?

That's my fault...for some reason when I saw the next participant's edit that indicated they wanted to be bumped, I skipped over you

I got skipped. Did I miss a pm?

I moved you down below booklady331, jmsmom. Hope it works this time! :-)

Thanks! I really thought it might have been me. My mom died suddenly on May 10. I'm now the only one left in my family so it all falls on me. She lived 2 1/2-3 hours away so I've been making numerous trips up there trying to get things taken care of and don't seem to have even made a dent in all that needs to be done. It really wouldn't have surprised me if I missed something. I did get your pm about the x authors or whatever it was and I believe I sent my address. Let me know if I didn't. I just sent it to booklady.

Thanks! I really thought it might have been me. My mom died suddenly on May 10. I'm now the only one left in my family so it all falls on me. She lived 2 1/2-3 hours away so I've been making numerous trips up there trying to get things taken care of and don't seem to have even made a dent in all that needs to be done. It really wouldn't have surprised me if I missed something. I did get your pm about the x authors or whatever it was and I believe I sent my address. Let me know if I didn't. I just sent it to booklady.

Sorry to hear about your mom, jmsmom. These things are hard. I did receive your address, & will try to get the books out in tomorrow's mail.

My pick is Ice Fire https://www.bookcrossing.con/---/15559227

PMed the next person

while I was up working on my mom's house. Got home yesterday and books went back out today.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

I too had already read the one book so I kept Intern by Sandeep Jauhar.

while I was up working on my mom's house. Got home yesterday and books went back out today.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

I too had already read the one book so I kept Intern by Sandeep Jauhar.

Thanks, jmsmom.

Books arrived and sending condolences to jmsmom. PM next in line. I have chosen Interview With The Vampire by Anne Rice.

So I signed up for the Letter H ring (and am ready to receive and send for that ring) but I am not sure I signed up for the Letter I ring. In any case, since I'm way down on the I list, I should be ready to participate in the Letter 'I' ring by the time the books are mailed to me. So keep me on the "I" ring list as well, for now.

So I signed up for the Letter H ring (and am ready to receive and send for that ring) but I am not sure I signed up for the Letter I ring. In any case, since I'm way down on the I list, I should be ready to participate in the Letter 'I' ring by the time the books are mailed to me. So keep me on the "I" ring list as well, for now.

OK.

To be honest, since it's an alphabet ring, most people figure when they sign up, they're in. I don't require them to sign up for each letter - that would be a bore. You can always opt to skip a round. But joining & un-joining is OK, too. :-)

Ah, I think I get it now. This is my first Alphabet ring ever, so I'll chime in with other questions if I see fit.

Ah, I think I get it now. This is my first Alphabet ring ever, so I'll chime in with other questions if I see fit.

OK, great.

Books on the way to perryfran USPS tracking # 9549 0112 5412 9213 3003 62

Books on the way to perryfran USPS tracking # 9549 0112 5412 9213 3003 62

Thanks, ravencat.

I am selecting "Intent to Kill" by James Grippando. I will contact the next in line and get these moving again soon.

I have chosen...I Sing The Body Electric - Ray Bradbury.

pming Dove-i-libri for address
I am going to choose Into the Woods by Stephen Sondheim & James Lapine because it was registered by Dove-i-libri and I'm pretty sure she doesn't want it back!

Thanks, Southernfryed.

I am taking Independence Day https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15601073 and will drop it off at a local book sharing shop in the morning!

I've already added my book, and packed them up. Sent a PM to Chicvolley99 for their address, and will post the package as soon as I receive the address! Thank you for hosting these rings, I willrejoice!

Fried Chicken! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

… To Chicvolley99 in Denver
USPS tracking number: 9549 0265 0467 9253 3509 27

… To Chicvolley99 in Denver
USPS tracking number: 9549 0265 0467 9253 3509 27

Thanks, Dove-i-libri.

I am keeping I Love You Like A Tomato by Marie Giordano. Am messaging next in line for an address.

Tracking number is #9549012373829266586713

Tracking number is #9549012373829266586713

Thanks, Chicvolley99.

taking The Intruder https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13836807 for OBCZ stock. PM'g next in line.

I am going to be on vacation and won't be around to receive and then send out the books. Thanks!

I am going to be on vacation and won't be around to receive and then send out the books. Thanks!

Done. Thanks, Suezq60.

I have already read one of them. I am taking If You Really Loved Me: 100 questions on dating, relationships and sexual purity by Jason Evert. Will mail the books on tomorrow.

I have already read one of them. I am taking If You Really Loved Me: 100 questions on dating, relationships and sexual purity by Jason Evert. Will mail the books on tomorrow.

Thanks, BooksandMusic.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.