[CLOSED] ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter W

Forum » Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes » Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12451304
and
Driftwood Cottage by Sheryl Woods http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15521195

My two additions are in the envelope, and I will contact Booklady331 to see about passing the books on to her!

Complete Thread
The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter W to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another W-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

Oh, and all books must be registered on BookCrossing.com.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

ravencat
perryfran
Meekachu07
Southernfryed
jmsmom
BooksandMusic
Suezq60
raralovestoread
lane1088 -- asked to be skipped
Dove-i-libri
booklady331
MmeClinton
heartthumper
NancyNova
Chicvolley99
Ninas_BookNook
adrienne10
iwillrejoice

PM'ing you now...

Tracking # 9449009699939778552826

Happy picking!

Books arrived and will choose in next few days as I await next in line (perryfran) address.

Books on the way to perryfran USPS Tracking# 9549 0139 0640 9076 4071 57

I have chosen Quantum Leap by Barbara Walton.

Books on the way to perryfran USPS Tracking# 9549 0139 0640 9076 4071 57

I have chosen Quantum Leap by Barbara Walton.

Thanks, ravencat!

I am selecting The Short Forever by Stuart Woods. I will contact the next in line and get this moving again soon.

I will select the book " The Secret Life of Violet Grant" by Beatriz Williams.

PMing the next person in line. I have my book ready so I should be able to move this pretty quickly once I have the address.

Packaged up and bringing to the post office tomorrow

Packaged up and bringing to the post office tomorrow

Thanks, Meekachu07.

I'm keeping The Perfect Play by Louise Wener and pming jmsmom for her address.

Thanks, Southernfryed.

and went back out today. I chose What's the Worst That Could Happen? by Donald E. Westlake.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

and went back out today. I chose What's the Worst That Could Happen? by Donald E. Westlake.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

Thanks, jmsmom!

wingjmsmomwing 6 mos ago
Well....
not sure what's up with that. Tracking said it was delivered on Monday. Suddenly today it says it's being returned to sender due to insufficient address. Wonder how they delivered it in the first place with insufficient address. Anyway, I'll check again with Books and Music and try again once it gets here. I'll be out of town though on Fri. and Sat. so unless it gets here in time for me to do it before then, it'll be the next week.

not sure what's up with that. Tracking said it was delivered on Monday. Suddenly today it says it's being returned to sender due to insufficient address. Wonder how they delivered it in the first place with insufficient address. Anyway, I'll check again with Books and Music and try again once it gets here. I'll be out of town though on Fri. and Sat. so unless it gets here in time for me to do it before then, it'll be the next week.

OK, thanks jmsmom.

The books have arrived, I have chosen The Shape of Snakes by Minette Walters. I'll get the books in the mail tomorrow.

The books have arrived, I have chosen The Shape of Snakes by Minette Walters. I'll get the books in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks, BooksandMusic.

tracking # 9549 0148 7883 9135 4961 53

tracking # 9549 0148 7883 9135 4961 53

Thanks, BooksandMusic. (I see that they've been delivered already!)

The books have arrived. I will choose one and get them off in the next couple of days.

Suezq60 5 mos ago
Books Mailed
I have chosen "Barbara Streisand" by Derek Winnert. The others were mailed today, tracking # 9549-0121-1301-9148-1375-26. Happy travels.

I have chosen "Barbara Streisand" by Derek Winnert. The others were mailed today, tracking # 9549-0121-1301-9148-1375-26. Happy travels.

Thanks, Suezq60.

Sorry for the delay. I have chosen Stoner by John Williams. I will send a PM to the next person.

Thanks, raralovestoread.

One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12451304
and
Driftwood Cottage by Sheryl Woods http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15521195

My two additions are in the envelope, and I will contact Booklady331 to see about passing the books on to her!

Dove-I-libri's husband hand delivered them to me. I read both of the books but I am taking Wings of the Morning by Lori Wick for someone else. I have PMed the next person for the address.

I'll play if you're still taking signups.

I'll play if you're still taking signups.

You're in. Welcome!

Nicely packaged and two enticing choices. I have taken out Ruth Ware's The Lying Game. I am just starting my contribution, but it shouldn't take long. Will message Heartthumper to get the address for my package soon to be off!

I have chosen The Trumpet of The Swan By E.B.White. I will message the next in line. Thanks!!!

Heartthumper, were you able to get this sent?

Just trying to see what's happened to the books... We may need to restart this one.

I'm choosing the simon Winchester book.

PM'g next in line

I'm choosing the simon Winchester book.

PM'g next in line

OK, thanks.

tracking 420802039549013918129250452357

tracking 420802039549013918129250452357

Thanks, NancyNova.

I am choosing While We Were Watching Downton Abbey by Wendy Wax.

Messaging next in line for their address

Tracking number is #9549012373829266586706

Tracking number is #9549012373829266586706

Thanks, Chicvolley99.

I have the two W books but neither is really my cup of tea. So I am adding a few more that I have and will send on to the next person. According to the list it is adrienne10.

Sending the book box on its way to Lynnwood, WA today. Tracking number is 9449011298370610590190

I added several books so there are now 6. The next person can feel free to keep 4 and just send 2 as before or do whatever they would like.

This bookbox has arrived!

I'll make my decisions and hopefully receive what the plan is from iwillrejoice when I PM (right after I post this.)

This bookbox has arrived!

I'll make my decisions and hopefully receive what the plan is from iwillrejoice when I PM (right after I post this.)

PM sent. Thanks, adrienne10.

I'm not going to make it to the post office before I leave town. I'll get the box sorted when I return and send it on late next week.

I have a question: There are 5 books in the box. I have 3 I can put in. I thought this was a bookbox of 2. What should I do?

I'm not going to make it to the post office before I leave town. I'll get the box sorted when I return and send it on late next week.

I have a question: There are 5 books in the box. I have 3 I can put in. I thought this was a bookbox of 2. What should I do?

In this game, there are only 2 books in the "box". Feel free to keep or release the extras. Or mail them on, if you wish, although you're not obligated to do so. Thanks for asking!

Tracking for the bookbox:
9549 0163 3063 9306 2891 21

Estimated arrival is 11/12/19

Tracking for the bookbox:
9549 0163 3063 9306 2891 21

Estimated arrival is 11/12/19

Thanks, adrienne10.

I received Friends for Life by Meg Wolitzer & Make Anger Your Ally by Neil Clark Warren. Thanks for sharing, everyone!

This concludes the W-Authors book ring.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.