Bookbox of Intentional Variety! (US only) BOOKBOX # 3. (CLOSED)

Forum » Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Hey guys! :)

I have a bunch of books hanging around at the moment and I was thinking it would be fun to start a bookbox that intentionally has maybe 6 - 8 books all of a different type.

Such as: Biographies, Mysteries, Classic, Humor, Literature, Cookbooks, How-to's, etc...

And the main rule would be that you wouldn't have to replace it with the same type or HB or PB, but just so it's a different type from the rest of the books in the box when it arrived to you. (I got this idea because I found a lot of bookboxs tended to wind up with being mostly one genre and not much else.)

Are there people interested in joining for this?

I could actually create probably 2 or 3 more boxes of this type if there's enough interest here for it. It would have to be US only though.

To help, a general list of genre:

-Science fiction
-Satire
-Drama
-Classics
-Action and Adventure
-Romance
-Mystery
-Horror
-Self help
-Health
-Guide
-Travel
-Children's
-Religion, Spirituality & New Age
-Science
-History
-Anthology/Short Stories
-Poetry
-Graphic Novels/Manga
-Art
-Cookbooks
-Biographies/Autobiographies
-Fantasy

Basic Bookbox Rules:

-Post when the box arrives to you here.

-Send a message to the next participant for their name and address, so you have it.

-Post here when you mail it out, with a tracking #.

-Make sure to JE any books you take.

BOOKBOX #3 PARTICIPANT LIST:

-Chicvolley99
-BerlinBookworm.
-kaila-ann
-CanticleLost
-heartthumper
-originalslicey
-judypsu88.
-Bkind2books
-TrInI_gYaL. ---skipped---
-rhythmbiscuit
-book_drunkard
-haahaahaa98.
-adrienne10
-mysticalzoe. (<------ Bookbox is here)
-
-You?

I am interested again. I am in Colorado

I am interested again. I am in Colorado

Thanks for joining in again. :)

HI77 1 yr ago
:)

I've got 2 people so far.

Can i get more people interested? ;)

HI77 1 yr ago

Can i get some more people to join?!? :D

wingkaila-annwing 1 yr ago
I’m in!
I’m in South Carolina.

HI77 1 yr ago
RE: I’m in!

Thanks for jumping in! ;)

Sounds interesting! Florida

Great! Thanks for joining! :)

Sounds fun. I'm in Kansas.

I'm in Kansas.

HI77 1 yr ago
RE: I'll join.

Great! Thanks for joining! :)

HI77 1 yr ago

Anyone else want to join? I should be sending the box out in a week or so.

I would love to join. I'm in Pennsylvania! Thank you!

Judypsu88 - the J dropped off. ;)

Judypsu88 - the J dropped off. ;)

Pesky termites! ;)

Bkind2books 1 yr ago
Add me
I always have a variety of books - I'm in Tennessee.
Thanks!

HI77 1 yr ago
RE: Add me

Great for you to join us! :)

HI77 1 yr ago

It's off! ;)

The book box has been sent off as of yesterday!!

And for those of you who are curious, here is a list of what it started with:

-"The Recipes of the Five Brothers" Volume 1 By Lipton (Cookbook)

-"The Heart of a Mother" By Ron DiCianni (Inspiration)

-"Day of Deception" By John Hagee (Religion)

-"The Different Drum: Community Making and Peace" By M. Scott Peck, M.D. (Psychology)

-"The Last Time They Met" By Anita Shreve (Literature)

-"Just Wicked Enough" By Lorraine Heath (Womens Literature)

-"Wild Fire" By Nelson DeMille (Mystery/Thriller)

-"Quiet Strength" By Tony Dungy (Biography & Autobiography/Sports)

judypsu88 1 yr ago
RE: :)
Yay!!

Hello, could I possibly join this?

Sure! It just started. :)

USPS says that this box was delivered on 03/16/2019, but it has not yet arrived as far as I know. It was originally supposed to be delivered on Monday 03/11/2019, but then the website said that it was arriving late.

I was out of town this weekend, so I'm hoping that someone didn't steal the box! :( I'm going to wait a couple of days to see if the box mysteriously shows up (my packages are typically delivered safely). If I don't receive anything, I'll have to start up a new box to send out to the group.

Sorry guys! Will keep you updated. If it was stolen, hopefully the thief is a reader and also makes some journal entries! haha

Did you check with the front office of your apartment complex?

I know that sometimes I have an email notice that a package has been to deliver to me from someone or a company and when it says delivered, it really meant they took it up to the front office because I wasn't home.

If not that, and you have a careless carrier like I do, it might have been delivered to a different apartment number and not yours. I've had that happen on numerous occasions. Usually the other person is nice enough to bring it to me but not always.

Yep, already checked with them and no luck.

Like I said, I'll give it a couple of days, and if it doesn't show up, then I'll start up a new box.

Ah. That's too bad. :(

If you want to give me a couple weeks to prep another box, I could send it to you so you're not out being able to make some new choices. If you prefer just to send another box that's okay too. I know you love to get rid of as many books as possible. LOL

Let me know which way you want to go.

Thanks HI77 for the offer! Well, I waited a few days, and nothing showed up. Since you were already so kind as to start the box, I can start up a new one. I really hope that the box shows up at some point, but don't want to keep everyone waiting. Perhaps you would like to put a note on the books that were sent out saying that they are potentially lost?

I will message the next in line for their address.

The categories are (I put in a few extra books than it originally started with, but most of them are thin, so it may be necessary to take out more than you put in):

(1) Biography / Memoir
(1) Children's
(1) Cookbook
(1) Dating/ Relationships
(1) Education / Reference
(1) Fantasy
(1) Health, Mind, Body
(1) Horror
(1) Literature / Fiction
(1) Mystery/Thriller
(1) Religion
(1) Romance
(1) Teen

Sorry for the delay, but I mailed this out today. The tracking # is 9549012373839099482649

Sorry for the delay, but I mailed this out today. The tracking # is 9549012373839099482649

Thanks for the update! ;)

HI77 10 mos ago
Bookbox

Hmmm..

Well, the next participant BerlinBookworm hasn't checked in with us and tracking shows it reached them a few weeks ago. No response to PM's yet either.

So if i don't hear back from them in a week, I'll restart it with the next participant.

Wow, this box just keeps on having bad luck :( Sorry to hear

wingkaila-annwing 10 mos ago
RE: Bookbox
She sent me a PM for my adress on Thursday the 15th. Don’t know if it’s been shipped yet tho 🤷🏻‍♀️

HI77 10 mos ago
RE: RE: Bookbox
She sent me a PM for my adress on Thursday the 15th. Don’t know if it’s been shipped yet tho 🤷🏻‍♀️

Oh! That's encouraging. Thanks for the update. :)

I can see that this box has had difficulty, but I’d be interested in joining if it continues. I live in CO.

Yeah. I did finally get a response from them. So if they send it on like they say they will, that it continues as normal.

If not, then I'll just restart a new one. It's kind of a bummer but part of running a book box I guess.

I'll add you to the list. Thanks for joining! :)

Sorry, I was very much tied up at work over the last three weeks so I wasn't able to post before. I have mailed the box to the next person on the list - kaila-ann.
The tracking number is 9549010703529138613570.

I took out and replaced one book in each of the following categories: teen and literature.

HI77 10 mos ago
RE: Moving on

Thanks for the update! :)

wingkaila-annwing 10 mos ago
It’s here
Sorry for the delay. I’ve been on vacation (😍). I’ll make my selections and get it moving again this week.

HI77 10 mos ago
RE: It’s here

Happy Vacation! :)

And thanks for the update!

Tracking number 9549010707679155179804

Awesome! ;)

CanticleLost 9 mos ago
Here
PMing next on the list!

HI77 9 mos ago
RE: Here
Glad to hear it landed! :)

On its way to you, heartthumper-- it ended up being good that the craziness of life delayed things, a bit! It took a last minute trip with me (so that I could ship it while traveling) from FL, to TN and the Smoky Mountains, through to a tiny little town called Hot Springs, NC! The post office closed at 11AM! So, drove to the nearest other small town and finally the box has left its mountain adventures and is on its way to KS! I included a sticker and postcard from Hot Springs and the Appalachian Trail, as the town is an integral part!

She brought it over right before I left for the weekend. I made my choices and am now pming the next on the list. Thanks!

Wow. This book tales a lot of detours! Lol

Thanks for letting us know. :)

It looks like I'm up soon - but how do I know if someone has sent me a PM? I can't find that anywhere!!

Judy

Your private messages go to whatever email you used when you signed up :)

Thank you!

Tracking #389178607292489

Tracking #389178607292489

Thanks for the update!!!

I'll be posting up Round 4 soon!

So if you guys have been having fun, please join in again! (I've got another three or four sets already set up and just waiting to go! ;) )

It may take me about a week to get this one out. I've got a family reunion and a wedding this weekend, and I'll have to figure out what genres aren't currently represented in here. ;-)

HI77 9 mos ago
RE: Got it!
It may take me about a week to get this one out. I've got a family reunion and a wedding this weekend, and I'll have to figure out what genres aren't currently represented in here. ;-)

That's fine!

Thanks for the check in. :)

Current genres in the box are:

Fantasy
Horror
Romance
Religion (Bible)
Psychology
Film Studies
Short Stories
Fiction
Fiction (movie tie-in)

I've removed from the box:
Teen
Memoir
Fiction/Literature
Fiction (Women's Fiction)

I'll update this when the genres I add back in.

I still haven't received judypsu88's mailing address.

If they don't respond in a two more days I'll move on to the next person on the list.

I'm so sorry - I did not respond correctly. I just sent you a private message. Let me know if you still haven't received it. Thanks!

The box arrived in PA today!! I hope to go through it and send out again by the end of the week.

:-)

Yup! Actually ready to send out the box. Just waiting to hear back from the person next in line with an address. ;)

Should be there by Thursday!

But I didn’t get home until late so I wasn’t able to get online.

Nice variety! I’ll take a day or two to make my selections and get this on it’s way.

But I didn’t get home until late so I wasn’t able to get online.

Nice variety! I’ll take a day or two to make my selections and get this on it’s way.

Another successful Landing! ;)

I think I have enough to participate in this bookbox (#3).

HI77 7 mos ago
RE: May I join?
I think I have enough to participate in this bookbox (#3).

Glad to have you! ;)

I have a few that want to travel.

I have a few that want to travel.

Glad to see you! ;)

Hi, I noticed that I go after rhythmbiscuit on both bookbox #3 and #4. Could the ordering be switched on one bookbox so that I send to rhythmbiscuit on one of the bookboxes? I think it'd be more interesting that way (as someone else can get first dibs at rhythmbiscuit's contributions, and rhythmbiscuit can get first dibs at my contributions).

Hi, I noticed that I go after rhythmbiscuit on both bookbox #3 and #4. Could the ordering be switched on one bookbox so that I send to rhythmbiscuit on one of the bookboxes? I think it'd be more interesting that way (as someone else can get first dibs at rhythmbiscuit's contributions, and rhythmbiscuit can get first dibs at my contributions).

I can put you below book_drunkard if you want?

Sure, that works, thanks.

I've sent 2 PMs with no reply...so I'm moving on to the next person in line.

I've sent 2 PMs with no reply...so I'm moving on to the next person in line.

Gotcha. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Can I join? I live in Maine

Can I join? I live in Maine

Sure. Happy to have you. :)

Thanks!

Sent my address again today just in case. Thanks!

I've made my selections and PMed book_drunkard. Thanks!

I've made my selections and PMed book_drunkard. Thanks!

It's great to hear it's reaching all of its places. Thanks for the update! :)

Box arrived this morning, worse for wear.
I'll make my choices, replace the worn out box and send it along as soon I receive the mailing details of the next in line. (PM sent)

Edited to add: Removed 4, put in 5 (needed to top off the box).
Replaced box. It's ready to go, just waiting for an address.
Will edit with tracking number as soon as I have one.

HI77 6 mos ago
RE: It's here!
Box arrived this morning, worse for wear.
I'll make my choices, replace the worn out box and send it along as soon I receive the mailing details of the next in line. (PM sent)

I sent haahaahaa98 a private message on Tuesday morning requesting mailing details. If still no reply by Friday evening then how much longer should I wait before moving on to the next in line?
Box is ready and waiting to go, advice needed.

I would try sending the PM one more time, in case it was missed. And then if they don't respond, just move down to the next person.

Mailed to haa - tracking number - 9549013951429277062733

Mailed to haa - tracking number - 9549013951429277062733

Oh good! Thanks for the update. :)

haahaahaa98 5 mos ago
Received
Received this today. Thanks!

HI77 5 mos ago
RE: Received
Received this today. Thanks!

Good to hear! :)

Categories going in are:

New books added:

Teen/YA (1)
Memoir/Medical (1)
Food (Prose) (1)
Fiction (1)
Literary Novel (2)
Education (1)
Thriller (1)

Continuing on journey:
Fantasy (1)
Romance (1)
Vampire / Witches (1)
Literary Short Stories (1)
Psychology (1)
Graphic Novel (1)
Religion (1)
Advice / Self-Help / Psychology (1)

# of books out - 7
# of books in - 8

The next receiver has PMed me the address. Will try to get this out within 6 days. (Can't get to PO any sooner unfortunately.)

No problem. Thanks for the update. :)

haahaahaa98 5 mos ago
Ugh -
Another 2 days - will work to get this to the PO. The box has been packaged and wrapped. BTW I changed boxes, for safety; the last one was sitting in the rain, and I don't have a canopy or porch onto which packages can be placed (without the boxes getting wet).

HI77 5 mos ago
RE: Ugh -

Ok. Thanks for the update. :)

Sent off today via media mail.
Tracking #: 9549 0105 4792 9298 3263 52

That's great! It's on its way then. :)

wingadrienne10wing 5 mos ago
Arrived!
The bookbox has arrived!

I'll PM mysticalzoe for their address and post updates here.

I was slower on getting my books of different genres picked so now I have the bookbox ready to go with mysticalzoe's address, but I can't get to the post office until next week.

HI77 5 mos ago
RE: Arrived!

Another safe landing! :)

Sorry this took an extra week to get to the post office. It has been sent to mysticalzoe with USPS tracking # 9549 0163 3062 9313 4268 79. Estimated delivery is Monday, 11/18.

It's making good time! ;)

H177,
When I receive this bookbox, do you want to me to return it to you? I am asking because no one is after me.

Mysticalzoe

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.