[CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter G - Round 2

Forum » Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter G to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 G-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another G-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

Tracking numbers are encouraged. They're free now, & they're helpful for seeing where the book is at any given time.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

All books must be registered on BookCrossing.com.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

Meekachu07
jmsmom
Suezq60
ravencat
perryfran
Southernfryed
Ollie1976
Chicvolley99
Dove-i-libri
heartthumper
booklady331
NancyNova
BooksandMusic
iwillrejoice

PM'ing you now...

... will be heading out tomorrow to Minnesota. Hope the change in climate is not too much of a shock to their systems!

Tracking info: 9449009699939605668324

Happy picking!

I will make a decision shortly on what I want to keep. PMing next in line now.

I will select "The Glass Castle" Jeannette Walls. I have the address of the next person

Meekachu07 10 mos ago
Books
Are on the way

wingiwillrejoicewing 10 mos ago
RE: Books
Are on the way

Thanks, Meekachu07!

and went back out today.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

I kept Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.

and went back out today.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

I kept Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.

Thanks, jmsmom!

I will choose one and have them back on their way in the net day or so.

Suezq60 9 mos ago
G Books
I have chosen The Glory That Was by L. Sprague de Camp. The idea of reading a book that was written the year I was born, and cost a whopping 60 cents intrigues me. I will have the books in the mail to ravencat tomorrow.

I have chosen The Glory That Was by L. Sprague de Camp. The idea of reading a book that was written the year I was born, and cost a whopping 60 cents intrigues me. I will have the books in the mail to ravencat tomorrow.

Thanks, Suezq60.

Suezq60 9 mos ago
Books Sent
Tracking #9549-0114-0646-9033-2448-13

Tracking #9549-0114-0646-9033-2448-13

Looks like it made a quick trip - it was delivered this morning!

Books arrived and will choose in next few days. Message next in line.

Books on the way to perryfran USPS# 9549 0100 2522 9038 3497 20

Books on the way to perryfran USPS# 9549 0100 2522 9038 3497 20

Thanks, ravencat!

I am selecting The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I will contact the next in line and get these moving again soon.

I am pming the next in line and will make a decision on which to keep soon.

*edited to say that I have chosen The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

Thanks, Southernfryed!

Ollie1976 8 mos ago
G books
Received. PMing next in line

Received. PMing next in line
Took Grace Against the Clock by Julie Hyzy. I'm hoping to get this sent out tomorrow via self checkout at USPS. I will post tracking once it is sent.

sent out this morning (sorry for the delay) Tracking is 9549026526119075514739

sent out this morning (sorry for the delay) Tracking is 9549026526119075514739

Thanks, Ollie1976.

I have taken out Great American Ghost Stories, Volume Two, by various authors.

I have messaged next in line for their address.

Tracking # through USPS is 9549012373839085474238

Tracking # through USPS is 9549012373839085474238

Thanks, Chicvolley99.

I chose 'Go Ask Fannie' by Elisabeth Hyde. https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15297971

Have already added my book and packed it up, will contact the next participant and mail out the books when I've verified their address!

The G Titles will be traveling on Monday! I'll add the USPS Tracking Number here when I get home from the post office.

The G Titles will be traveling on Monday! I'll add the USPS Tracking Number here when I get home from the post office.

Thanks, Dove-i-libri.

USPS tracking number:
9549 0265 0467 9098 3037 37

I have chosen The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls. Messaging the next in line. Thanks!

I am picking The Greening of Mrs. Duckworth and adding ************* Hope to get them off soon.

PM'g next in line to move them along

I chose Grace by Richard Paul Evans. I don't think I've read this one.

Tracking # 9114 9014 9645 0318 1685 30

and I thank you very much for re-sending them after I mistakenly gave you a wrong address!!
I am choosing The Good Husband as I believe that I have the other choice on my TBR. I'll get them back out after the weekend.

tracking # 9549 0148 7883 9135 4961 60

tracking # 9549 0148 7883 9135 4961 60

Thanks, BooksandMusic.

Today I received The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins & Guilty Wives by James Patterson & David Ellis. Thanks for sharing, everybody!

This concludes round 2 of the ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter G.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.