[CLOSED] Rivers of London series by Ben Aaronovich - book spiral

Forum » Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
I'm going through the Rivers of London series and I'm wondering if anyone wants to join me in a book spiral? All books are paperbacks about 300-400 g.

If you'd like to take part, let me know which book you'd like to start with, your country and shipping preferences!

Usual rules apply: journal on receiving and sending, read and send further in 4-5 weeks. If something unexpected happen, please don't be silent, stay in touch

Participants:

Book 1 Rivers of London - done
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13841771/
Icila (FR) - done
Mecu (Finland) - done
penelopewanders (CHE) - done
LysMibo (Ireland) - done
dutch-book (Netherlands) - done
catflap (UK) - intl', here 16.12

Book 2 Moon Over Soho - done
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13156029/
Icila (FR) - done
BaiLong (China) - done
Mecu (Finland) - done
LysMibo (Ireland) - done
catflap (UK) - intl', here 9.09

Book 3 Whispers Under Ground - travelling
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14539183/
Icila (FR) - done
BaiLong (China) - done
Mecu (Finland) - done
LysMibo (Ireland) - done
catflap (UK) - intl' , here, 10.12

Book 4 Broken Homes - travelling
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14856233/
BaiLong (China) - done
Mecu (Finland) - done
LysMibo (Ireland) - done
mcsar (Canada) - US shipping preferable, here 30.10
catflap (UK) - intl'

Book 5 Foxglove Summer - travelling
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14757654/
BaiLong (China) - done
Mecu (Finland) - done
LysMibo (Ireland) - done
mcsar (Canada) - US shipping preferable, here, 25.12
catflap (UK) - intl'

Book 5.5 The Furthest Station - travelling
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14935784/
BaiLong (China) - done
Mecu (Finland) - done
LysMibo (Ireland) - done
catflap (UK) - intl'

Book 6 The Hanging Tree - travelling
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14467657/
BaiLong (China) - done
Mecu (Finland) - done
LysMibo (Ireland) - done
catflap (UK) - intl'

Book 7 Lies Sleeping (provided by jax987654321) - travelling
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13718166
BaiLong (China) - done
Mecu (Finland) - done
penelopewanders (CHE) - Europe or domestically - here, 10.02
LysMibo (Ireland) - Europe
dutch-book (Netherlands) - Intl'
mcsar (Canada) - US shipping preferable
catflap (UK) - intl'

Book 7. 5 The October Man (provided by Poodlesister) - travelling
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/16030742/
Mecu (Finland) - Europe, sent 10.01
penelopewanders (CHE) - Europe or domestically, here, 15.01
BaiLong (China) - intl'
jax987654321 (UK)
catflap (UK) - intl'

Book 8 False Value
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/16044775/
Mecu (Finland) - Europe, here, 23.01
penelopewanders (CHE) - Europe or domestically, MOVING, check the address
BaiLong (China) - intl'
jax987654321 (UK)
catflap (UK) - intl'

and as I like reading books in a series in order, I've been wondering how on earth I would get to it. This seems like an ideal solution, so yes please, I'd like to join this spiral. I am in Switzerland and would only like to ship domestically or within Europe, please.

added you to everything but the sixth book. Please correct me if I'm wrong
(also, I don't know what with those half books, like 5.5 :D)

added you to everything but the sixth book. Please correct me if I'm wrong
(also, I don't know what with those half books, like 5.5 :D)

Perfect, thanks!

I have some of these already, however, so I need to get back to you on which ones I would like to participate in (maybe only 1) I'll update this. Europe or UK for me too.

i have the hanging tree and broken homes, and I am up to Broken homes, so only the other 2.

I w'll enter for the lot. Thank you.
In France, I mail Int.

added you

I'll sort travelling order a little later

so I added the first one to my wishlist. But this seems like a good way to get to read them all in order (I'm like penelopewanders, series must be read in right order :)).

Maybe if you put me to parts 1-4 to start with, and after reading those, I'll let you know about the later parts? I don't have any yet.

I'm in Finland and my mailing preferences is Europe, please.

Lamilla 2 yrs ago
Anyone else?
I'm going to finalize the reading order and send the first book out

This series seems very interesting. May I join? I'm in Ireland and would prefer Europe postage if possible. Thanks a lot!

I've updated travelling order in the post, the ring is moving now, first recipient being Icila

will be travelling soon

Could I join for all books? I'm in Europe, can send anywhere.

I'm in the middle of the third book now.

The first book apparently took a scenic route - I'll get the replacement if it doesn't show up in a week or two.

Can I still register for this spiral? If yes, I'd like to start from book 2.
I live in China and can ship internationally.
Thanks!

Added you

Thanks. Looking forward to those!

The two copies just arrived together this morning !

Lamilla 1 yr ago
book 3
is in the mail

wingMecuwing 1 yr ago
Almost done
I'll finish reading book 1 today, so I'm PMing penelopewanders about the mailing info, and if I get the address, I'll mail the book on Monday.

I'll finish reading book 1 today, so I'm PMing penelopewanders about the mailing info, and if I get the address, I'll mail the book on Monday.

Great, thank you for the update!

so would you remove me from the list? The new one is called Lies Sleeping and I would be happy for this to be part of this ring. I will read it pretty quickly I suspect and ringing it is my penance for buying a new book!

so would you remove me from the list? The new one is called Lies Sleeping and I would be happy for this to be part of this ring. I will read it pretty quickly I suspect and ringing it is my penance for buying a new book!

I have removed you from the list for books 5 and 5.5. I, too, have Lies Sleeping, but it's not fit for sending - a heavy hardcover.
Would you like to add your book to this spiral, then? If so, could you please share the link

Not my taste really and so much in my PAL.
Sending 2 and 3 to Bailong.
I realize it can be an issue to send the others to China. I could do the relay if needed.

I loved the first novel, so please, sign me up also for books 5-7! What a great way to read the whole series, thanks Lamilla! My mailing preference is still Europe.

Added you

List is updated

Sorry it took me so long to go to the post office, but the book is finally back on its way!

any chance at joining at book one or am I too late posting is fine

Do you want to join starting with the book 1 or for book one only?

any chance at joining at book one or am I too late posting is fine

Please add me to book 3 and beyond. Now I have more urgency to get started on books 1 and 2. I prefer US shipping but can do international if needed. Thanks for the great spiral.

added you

And safely reached destination ^^

wingMecuwing 1 yr ago
Books 2 & 3
... have safely arrived in Finland, thanks! I need to read a couple of books before getting into these, so it might take a bit over a month before they are travelling again.

She or he hasn't been on the forums in a month, so I'll give it a little time.

wingMecuwing 1 yr ago
Books 2 & 3
are travelling soon again, I'm just waiting that penelopewanders is home to pick up the mail.

are travelling soon again, I'm just waiting that penelopewanders is home to pick up the mail.

I‘ll be back next weekend, but my mail is being picked up, no worries... Cheers!

BaiLong 1 yr ago
Books 4&5
I have finished reading them. I am waiting for news from Mecu to confirm if it's OK to send them to her (if there is no change, I still have her address).

Books 4&5 are on their way, and books 5.5 & 6 arrived :-)

wingMecuwing 1 yr ago
Update
Books 2&3 are finally travelling again, after the long postal strike and my illness. So sorry for the delay.
Received books 4&5 today, reading them during the holidays.

Enjoy your reading

So I'm a bit worried.

Will keep you updated

ETA: catflap replied, the book is received and journalled

Hi, just a quick word to say that I've finished books 5.5 & 6, but between the Chinese New Year and the coronavirus, everything is still shut down and will be for a while. I won't be able to ship the books out before mid-February at the earliest...

Hi, just a quick word to say that I've finished books 5.5 & 6, but between the Chinese New Year and the coronavirus, everything is still shut down and will be for a while. I won't be able to ship the books out before mid-February at the earliest...

Noted!

For my first outing in 3 weeks (outside of the grocery store located in my building's basement), I went to the post office and finally posted these books. Logistics and postal services are a bit random right now, I hope they won't be too delayed.

I have book 6 (the Hanging Tree) but that’s the only one I have. Please add me to any others.. I’ve been enjoying this spiral greatly - thanks so much for making it available.

Lamilla 11 mos ago
I wonder
if anyone has book 7.5 The October Man or book 8 False Value and could contribute to the spiral?

BaiLong 11 mos ago
Book 7
Received! I was a bit worried for it since because of the epidemic, the postal service was partially off in China. Things are getting back to normal here, and the book arrived!

I hope all of you stay safe and healthy during these times. And as someone who has been through it, I can say it, it will get better!

BaiLong 6 mos ago
RE: Book 7
Hi, sorry it took me so long, but I am finally ready to send book 7 of the series.

Mecu, I haven't received an answer to my message. Are you still interested in it? Can I ship it to you?

Yes, please! I did send you a PM but apparently it has gone missing. :( I'll try again.

For the future: my address has been the same since 2006 and I'm not moving out, so if anyone has it, it's still valid. :)

I have send catflap two messages. One earlier in the year and last week and have not had a reply. Do you want me to send the second book back to you?

no, please keep it

I added everyone who was in for book 7. Let me know if you are not interested :)

I remain interested. Thanks for organizing and sharing the books.

Brilliant! (thanks, Poodlesister) I really love this series so I am so very grateful, Lamilla, that you set up this spiral.

I will be sending this to Mecu this week once I have confirmed her address

Please send to mcsar

I sent a couple of PMs to get the current status of the spiral. Hope everyone is safe in this challenging time

The October Man is with Mecu

To Mecu with a wishlist tag book. But I probably won't read it for a couple of weeks as I have a queue of tag books to read.

https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/16044775/

Lovely, thanks Poodlesister! And absolutely no hurry at all. I'm still kind of hoping to read Lies Sleeping first... Any word from BaiLong, Lamilla?

No reply yet, I pinged again today.

Is Whispers Underground considered missing in transit to catflap now? Or is catflap mia?

I think I will go ahead and order Whispers Underground myself.

are travelling to Canada now.

The book 7 will be moving this week

I hope Bailong is all right -well and healthy. Just a little heads-up, I am in the process of moving, so please check in with me for the best address. I hope you are all well, and that this holiday season is a good one for everyone despite the craziness of this year. What a story we are all living through! Be healthy everyone, and take care.

thanks for the update and a happy move!

Oh, I'm glad I decided to check this! PM coming about The October Man.

Is finally moving! Sorry for the delays with this book. I also have a tracking number for it and with PM Mecu with it just in case.

Please remove me from this one. I already bought my own copy.

List is updated, thank you

all arrived safe and sound in Canada. Thank you dutch-book for sending.

I haven't read those ones!

Sure! Where are you from and what are your shipping preferences?

I think you've added me and that is fine.

wingMecuwing 1 mo ago
Update
Lies Sleeping (7) has arrived safely in Finland and The October Man (7.5) will be mailed out tomorrow to penelopewanders. Safe travels!

Lamilla 1 mo ago
RE: Update
Great to hear that! Thanks for the update

Here safely, thanks!

False Value is on its way to Mecu, sent last week

It has arrived safely in Finland. I'll try to read it in February.
And if the address thing is confirmed, I'll mail Lies Sleeping to penelopewanders asap.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.