[CLOSED] ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter V

Forum » Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter V to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another V-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

Oh, and all books must be registered on BookCrossing.com.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

jmsmom
perryfran
Suezq60
ravencat
Southernfryed
Meekachu07
BooksandMusic
raralovestoread
heartthumper
MmeClinton
booklady331
Chicvolley99
NancyNova
lane1088 (asked to be skipped)
Dove-i-libri (asked to be bumped to the end of the list)
iwillrejoice

PM is on its way...

As you've probably noticed, these rings have been paused for a while now. I've been in the hospital quite a bit these last few months, & so my participation here on BC has been minimal, to say the least.

I'm feeling a lot better now, so my plan is to re-start the rings after the holidays.

Thanks for your patience & understanding.

iwillrejoice-take care of yourself first! Hope you are feeling better soon!

iwillrejoice-take care of yourself first! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Thanks, Southernfryed. I'm doing a lot better now. Just need to get my strength back.

... will hit the road tomorrow, heading north to Oklahoma. Happy picking!

Tracking info: 9449009699938101045097

Both our internet and phone was out for a couple days, repairman finally got here this morning. In the meantime I did receive the books, I kept Star Trek Masks by John Vornholt, and I got them back out yesterday.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

Both our internet and phone was out for a couple days, repairman finally got here this morning. In the meantime I did receive the books, I kept Star Trek Masks by John Vornholt, and I got them back out yesterday.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

Thanks, jmsmom!

I will select Flood by Andrew Vachss. I have contacted the next in line and will get these moving again as soon as I hear from her.

Edit: Received address. Books will go out tomorrow. Tracking:
https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction_input?...

I will select Flood by Andrew Vachss. I have contacted the next in line and will get these moving again as soon as I hear from her.

Edit: Received address. Books will go out tomorrow. Tracking:
https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction_input?...

That was a quick trip!

Thanks, perryfran!

Books were received yesterday. I will choose one and get them on their way again in the next few days.

Suezq60 9 mos ago
V Author
I have chosen Homecoming by Cynthia Voight. I will have the books in the mail to ravencat tomorrow. Here's hoping she isn't buried in the 21 inches of snow they received yesterday.

I have chosen Homecoming by Cynthia Voight. I will have the books in the mail to ravencat tomorrow. Here's hoping she isn't buried in the 21 inches of snow they received yesterday.

Thanks, Suezq60.

Suezq60 9 mos ago
Books Sent
Tracking #9549-0114-0646-9033-2448-13

Books arrived and will choose in next few days. Great news as all 21 inches of snow has melted and the bad news we are now under a flood watch!!! Message next in line.

Books arrived and will choose in next few days. Great news as all 21 inches of snow has melted and the bad news we are now under a flood watch!!! Message next in line.

Stay dry, ravencat!

Books on the way to southernfryed USPS# 9549 0100 2522 9038 3497 13

Books on the way to southernfryed USPS# 9549 0100 2522 9038 3497 13

Thanks, ravencat!

G - PLEASE don't ever let that happen again. If you are ever ill or need ANYTHING AT ALL, my number is 239-738-2444. Neil is self employed and has more freedom during the day than i do, but, please, allow us to help.

Thanks, Dove-i-libri.

I did think about calling a few times, but just didn't...

(Now, please protect yourself from spammers/hackers/etc., & delete your phone number! ❤️)

Love, iwillrejoice

I am choosing Cutting For Stone by Abraham Verghese. Pming Meekachu07 for address.

Thanks, Southernfryed.

I have the books. I will make my selection within a day. I will email next in line.

I have selected "Hocus Pocus" by Kurt Vonnegut. I have the address of the person next in line and if weather permits this weekend, I will ship then, otherwise Monday.

Thanks, Meekachu07.

I've chosen The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen. I'll have the books in the mail Monday.

I've chosen The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen. I'll have the books in the mail Monday.

Thanks, BooksandMusic.

to raralovestoread. the tracking # is 9549 0148 7884 9063 5701 46

I have chosen The Book of Secrets by M.G. Vassanji. I will PM the next person for an address.

Thanks, raralovestoread.

I have chosen The Christmas Journey by Donna VanLiere to add to my Permanent shelf of little hard back Christmas books. I was really excited to see it! Thanks for including me, I will message the next in line.

Thanks to Heartthumper for the V books.... I am keeping Moon Over Manifest as my choice (I do love young adult), am working on my contribution and should send the books on to booklady331 early next week!

I finally finished my contribution to add to the box and am off to the post office right now to mail them on to booklady331! Enjoy!

I finally finished my contribution to add to the box and am off to the post office right now to mail them on to booklady331! Enjoy!

Thanks, MmeClinton.

PMing next person for an address

Taking out Lincoln by Gore Vidal and adding *******************

I will get this off in a day or two.

I have decided to keep Galapagos by Kurt Vonnegut. I will message the next in line.

Tracking # is 9549012373859128525963

Tracking # is 9549012373859128525963

Thanks, Chicvolley99.

PM'g the next in line

PM'g the next in line

lane88 asked to be skipped. PM'g the next-next in line

PM'g the next in line

OK, thanks, NancyNova. Always appreciate an update!

PM'g the next in line

OK, thanks, NancyNova. Always appreciate an update!

I'm choosing Around the World in 80 days by Verne. Will move along with the replacement book shortly.

Hi! I was next in line! V authors arrived today, and …
I am going to keep The Angels of Morgan Hill by Donna Van Liere. Http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14032136

Already added my book, packed them up, and will contact the next in line!

Same address? it will be on its way tomorrow!

Same address? it will be on its way tomorrow!

Yes, same address. Thank you!

9549 0154 1316 9163 2598 38
Happy Traveling Books, Happy Reading Iwillrejoice!

Today I received Candide, Zadig, and Selected Stories by Voltaire and The Last Lover by Laura Van Wormer. Thanks for sharing, everybody!

This concludes Letter V of the ABC Authors Book Ring.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.