[US Only] The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas Bookray [Traveling: Still Accepting Participants]

Forum » Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
I started reading The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas a few days ago and it is SO good! I wanted to share the book with others.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14965323/

Unfortunately, this book is 400+ pages and hardcover so international shipping would be very expensive. But, I wanted to see if anyone in the US would like to join this ray.

Rules (cobbled together from other people's rays):
- When you receive the book, please journal it.
- Please post on the thread to let us know when you receive it and when you send it on to the next participant.
- PM the next person in line for their address so you'll have it ready when you've finished the book.
- Try to send to the next participant within 5-6 weeks' time (and journal or make release notes).
- If you cannot reach the next person in line or don't think you can manage to mail the book as originally agreed, please let me know and we'll work something out.
- If you are the last person on the ray, you are free to do with the book what you want but please check this thread to make sure no one has signed up for the ray last minute. Thank you!
Please stay in touch even if life gets in the way of reading. :)

Participants:
Ollie1976 (OR)
AlterEgoZoe (PA)
BookBirds (NY)
Allebasi15 (IA)
hyphen8 (HI) <--Book is here!
Chicvolley99 (CO)
BOOKWORMINUSALL (AZ)
originalslicey (KS) [Skip- has obtained own copy]
adrienne10 (WA)
LoreleiLee (PA)
CanticleLost (FL)
mamagoggle (NJ)
Barcino (CA)

I'm in OR

You’re added!

I’m in PA, if that helps with order.

You’re added!

Right now I’m just putting the order as people join. But if you guys think it’d help on shipping costs, I don’t mind trying to arrange the order to help. :) Otherwise, I’ll keep it as is.

BookBirds 11 mos ago
I'd love to join from NY. If it's easier to move me around for shipping costs, that's fine! Thanks for offering this.

wingSpatialwing 11 mos ago
RE: .
You’re Added!

I’ll get this book moving in early October.

Allebasi15 10 mos ago
I'll join!
Hi, I'd like to join! (Thanks Spatial for the PM earlier.)

I'm in IA. I am a bit busy as well, but I think I can do a 5-6 week turn around. :)

Cheers.

wingSpatialwing 10 mos ago
RE: I'll join!
You’re added!

Media mail to Hawaii is very slow so if you want to put me at the end (so as not to make other people wait) that's ok. Or earlier is fine too - up to you.

As for shipping costs, the USPS charges the same for media mail to Hawaii as for the rest of the country...

You’re added!

On it's way to Ollie1976!
Safe travels little book!
And happy reading to everyone!

Tracking #

Ollie1976 10 mos ago
received
putting at the top of the TBR pile

I would love to read this. Please add me to the list, if possible.

I am in Colorado.

You’re in!

I should actually have time to read it once it arrives!!! ; ) I've heard it's best to read the book beFORE you see the Movie, and apparently the Movie has done quite well at the Box Office in it's limited theater release during the past two weekends. It's expected to gross $7-9 Million this weekend when it expands to 2,300 theatres. ; )

You’re in!

You’re in!

Super...THANK YOU!!! : D

PM next in line to send off

sorry for the delay

If you’re interested in joining this Ray, there’s still time to join!

Have been wanting to read this title.
I'm in KS.

You’re added! Thanks for joining!

I am interested in joining! I know I'm late, my email inbox swallowed the initial message. Please let me know if I can join. I'm in WA.

I am interested in joining! I know I'm late, my email inbox swallowed the initial message. Please let me know if I can join. I'm in WA.

The more the merrier! You're added!

I'm in PA.

I'm in PA.

You’re added! And welcome back to Bookcrossing!

CanticleLost 6 mos ago
I'm in!
Florida :)

wingSpatialwing 6 mos ago
RE: I'm in!
Florida :)

Thanks for joining!

BookBirds 4 mos ago
I just wanted to update on the book. I know I've had it for a couple months. I've VERY sorry it has been taking me so long. I'm reading it now!

wingSpatialwing 4 mos ago
I just wanted to update on the book. I know I've had it for a couple months. I've VERY sorry it has been taking me so long. I'm reading it now!

No worries! Thanks for keeping us updated!

I'm in NJ

You’re added! Thanks for joining!

BookBirds 3 mos ago
Just to keep you updated: Allebasi15 said their relative received the book but Allebasi15 hasn't had a chance to journal it yet. So it's safely at the next destination!

wingSpatialwing 3 mos ago
Thanks for the update!

Sorry. I’m behind on posting here. I received the book and am contacting the next in line for their address.

The book tracking said it was supposed to arrive on the 19th. Did it arrive? What does the tracking currently say? Thanks!

I recently snagged a copy of this book at a $1 sale. You can remove me from the list.

Thanks!

I recently snagged a copy of this book at a $1 sale. You can remove me from the list.

Thanks!

Thank you for letting us know! Happy reading!
📚📚📚

Barcino 2 wks ago
Any chance
I can still join? I'm in California.

I can still join? I'm in California.

Added!

I add people to the end of the list as they join. If you’d rather be earlier in the list due to mailing proximity, or any other reason, just let me know and I’ll change it. Thanks for joining!

Excellent. Thank you! I'm happy where you've put me. No rush!

...but media mail will take a while.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.