Int’l ray - The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro

Forum » Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
I’m almost finished reading this book by the recent Nobel prize winner Ishiguro... Since this is quite an extraordinary book, I want to share this as a book ray. It would be such a pitty to keep it for myself :)

If you like to join, please post country & shipping prefs, so I can make a list.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15183618

———-
List:

Femke85 - Sweden - Int’l
Edwartstreet - New Zealand - Int’l
Estelle1806 - Ireland - Int’l
StrangeEmily - Greece - Int’l
McSar - Canada - US
Ollie1976 - USA - US
Allebasi15 - USA - US
Valpete - USA - Int’l

———————

Description on Book Depository:

The Romans have long since departed and Britain is steadily declining into ruin. But, at least, the wars that once ravaged the country have ceased. Axl and Beatrice, a couple of elderly Britons, decide that now is the time, finally, for them to set off across this troubled land of mist and rain to find the son they have not seen for years, the son they can scarcely remember. They know they will face many hazards--some strange and otherworldly--but they cannot foresee how their journey will reveal to them the dark and forgotten corners of their love for each other. Nor can they foresee that they will be joined on their journey by a Saxon warrior, his orphan charge, and a knight--each of them, like Axl and Beatrice, lost in some way to his own past, but drawn inexorably toward the comfort, and the burden, of the fullness of a life's memories. Sometimes savage, sometimes mysterious, always intensely moving, Kazuo Ishiguro's first novel in a decade tells a luminous story about the act of forgetting and the power of memory, a resonant tale of love, vengeance, and war.

I'm in the US and would prefer US only shipping please

I am in New Zealand and will post anywhere. ( no choice really living at the bottom of the world) .

Great ;) Of course I will group all the people from New Zealand together in this ray ;)

It’s such a great book

I love his works. I am in Canada, and prefer US shipping.

Added you to the list!

wingFemke85wing 1 yr ago
*bump*
Anyone else like to join?

I will try to send this book off on its journey by the end of next week.

But if anyone wants to join, that is of course still possible

thank you. I can post internationally.

in New Zealand. What a long but speedy journey. I will try to read quickly and post to the next reader.

It’s crazy how fast this book got to new zealand!

I can ship internationally.

If so, I'm in the US and would prefer to pay US shipping, if possible.

I added Valpete and Allebasi!

I saw on the Journal Entries that this book is now back on its way to Europe (Ireland). So if anyone from Europe still wants to join, I can put you on the bookray list before it heads off to USA and Canada.

I would like to participate, if the book is still in Europe! I can ship internationally.

Added you to the list

wingFemke85wing 1 yr ago
*bump*

Thanks to Edwardstreet!

and it will be sent to StrangeEmily on Jan. 15th.

Thank you StrangeEmily for sending and Femke85 for starting the ray.

I have msg'ed mcsar

Allebasi15 today (Jun 5). Thanks for sharing the book.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.