[CLOSED] ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter U

Forum » Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter U to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another U-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

Oh, and all books must be registered on BookCrossing.com.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

perryfran
Suezq60
Southernfryed
NancyNova
ravencat
heartthumper
BooksandMusic
Meekachu07
jmsmom
booklady331
Dove-i-libri
raralovestoread
MmeClinton
Chicvolley99
lane1088
iwillrejoice

PM'ing you now...

... so these will go out in Monday's mail. Tracking # 9449009699938659948642

Happy picking!

I am selecting Lucky Child by Loung Ung
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/9683410

I've already read the other book. I will contact next in line and get these moving again soon.

The U Books arrived safe and sound. I will choose one and get them on their way soon.

SueZQ

Suezq60 1 yr ago
U Books
Well, after going to three thrift stores and the used book section of two local libraries I have come up empty on U Authors. These two books will be heading out to Southernfryed on Monday.

Well, after going to three thrift stores and the used book section of two local libraries I have come up empty on U Authors. These two books will be heading out to Southernfryed on Monday.

If you just can't find a book with an author whose last name starts with U, then you could just use an author with a U somewhere in their name. We've done that in the past.

Suezq60 1 yr ago
Books Sent
U books have been sent, tracking # 9549-0121-1302-8232-1638-39

U books have been sent, tracking # 9549-0121-1302-8232-1638-39

Thanks, Suezq60.

keeping Mila 18 by Leon Uris and pming NancyNova for her address

Thanks, Southernfryed!

pm'g next in line

Books arrived and choosing In The Beauty Of The Lilies by John Updike. PMing next in line.

Books on the way to heartthumper USPS tracking# 9549 0100 2524 8254 3416 22

Books on the way to heartthumper USPS tracking# 9549 0100 2524 8254 3416 22

Thanks, ravencat!

I will make my choice and message the next in line.

I have read both books. And I chose the same book I'm putting back in just a different copy, sooo I'm not telling what it is. LOL! But it's a great book!

I have read both books. And I chose the same book I'm putting back in just a different copy, sooo I'm not telling what it is. LOL! But it's a great book!

LOL! Thanks, heartthumper! Way to move the books around!

When I asked about a tracking number she said "We don't have all those high fangled electronics." Well, okay then. It's on it's way. LOL!

When I asked about a tracking number she said "We don't have all those high fangled electronics." Well, okay then. It's on it's way. LOL!

LOL! Thanks, heartthumper!

Yay!I am choosing Black Out by Lisa Unger. I will get the books back in the mail tomorrow.

Yay!I am choosing Black Out by Lisa Unger. I will get the books back in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks, BooksandMusic.

Tracking # 9549 0148 7882 8278 4179 27

Tracking # 9549 0148 7882 8278 4179 27

Thanks, BooksandMusic.

I selected "On Black Sisters Street" by Chika Unigwe....PMing next in line.

Meekachu07 1 yr ago
Sorry
I thought I had a book covered for this box, but I don't. I will head to the thrift store tomorrow and pick something up.

I thought I had a book covered for this box, but I don't. I will head to the thrift store tomorrow and pick something up.

OK, thanks, Meekachu07.

This box will move on its way tomorrow.

I chose Fragile by Lisa Unger and the books are on their way.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

I chose Fragile by Lisa Unger and the books are on their way.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

Thanks, jmsmom!

I chose Away by Jane Urquhart
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14139662

Will mail it on to the next person

I chose QB VII by Leon Uris.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14962404

I've already added my book and wrapped them up to travel. Just going to check in with raralovestoread before I send the package off! Thanks, BookLady for sending the books, and thank you Iwillrejoice for organizing these rings ...

I chose QB VII by Leon Uris.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14962404

I've already added my book and wrapped them up to travel. Just going to check in with raralovestoread before I send the package off! Thanks, BookLady for sending the books, and thank you Iwillrejoice for organizing these rings ...

Thanks, Dove-i-libri!

… and the books will be mailed on Monday! Check here for tracking number at that time.

… and the books will be mailed on Monday! Check here for tracking number at that time.

Ok, great. Thanks, Dove-i-libri!

… 9114 9010 7574 2653 2797 38

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have chosen Rabbit is Rich by John Updike. I will be replacing with a book by an author whose name contains the letter u because I do not have one by an author whose name begins with a U. I hope this is ok!

I have chosen Rabbit is Rich by John Updike. I will be replacing with a book by an author whose name contains the letter u because I do not have one by an author whose name begins with a U. I hope this is ok!

That's fine. Thanks, raralovestoread!

Thanks, raralovestoread!

Happy Thanksgiving day... my package arrived yesterday. I am taking out The Holder of the World (the one with a U in the name!!) which looks interesting. I still have to read my book with U author but will get to it soon! Will message Chicvolley99 for an address and get the package out certainly before the big winter holidays!

I also thought I had a U book to give out, but I can't seem to find one, so I will be sending out both books to the next person in line.

Messaging next in line for their address.

USPS tracking number is 9549012373839014431189

USPS tracking number is 9549012373839014431189

Thanks, Chicvolley99.

I just received the books today. I am taking out "Arresting god in Kathmandu". I have the book i will be adding but haven't finished it yet. I am planning on reading it in the next couple of days and hope to send it back to Iwillrejoice on Saturday.

I sent these out on Tuesday to Iwillrejoice.

I sent these out on Tuesday to Iwillrejoice.

Thanks, lane1088.

The U-Authors arrived safely in Florida on Saturday after a short road trip. I received Dead on the Stick by Robert Upton & Beautiful Lies by Lisa Unger. Thanks for sharing, everybody!

This concludes the U-Authors book ring.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.