UK only ?Crime / mystery Bookbox? (under 2kg)

Forum » Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
At long last I've set this up to restart this bookbox in the UK again! Sorry for the long delay due to family illness and bereavement.

This is intended to be a small box containing only crime & mystery books.

There's six rules:

1. This is for Crime and Mystery novels only so please do not add “cosy” type books to it (I again have enough to do one of these as well so it it will be a separate bookbox!)

2. There must be a minimum of 4 books in it. You can take out as many as you like but you MUST send on at least 4. More is fine as long as ......

3. ...... the package weighs under 2KG. This is just to keep costs down. Postage is currently £3.00 second class for up to 2KG.

4. Please journal the date the bookbox is received (BCID will be in the box - please leave for next person!) & sent on & of course, journal any books you remove.

5. As a courtesy to other readers please only put in books that are in a decent condition.

6. All the books currently in the box must be by different authors to ensure a variety of choice. So, for example, you could take out a book by Ian Rankin & put another Ian Rankin in as there would still be only one in the box .... hope that makes sense!

Participants (List started in April 2019) :

Diane-Fraser
3vie
hadenmaiden
Cross-patch
Plum_crazy
pam99
Yorkshire-lass
greenbadger
Tattoolady
Dolph1n
mysteriousmummy
Scruffykaz
Nataliec7 <------------Box now here
back to me (Flutterbies9)

This list was made from those who expressed an interest in another round of this usually popular bookbox but if you wish to be removed / added, moved up or down the list please just let me know. I have tried to add participants who are unfamiliar with bookboxes between those of us who are familiar so that we can help as required as this bookbox is on its rounds.

Participants (List started in August 2018) :

Raeliz64
Cross-Patch
kinedi
Yorkshire-lass
Plum-Crazy (Requested move down list order, so here it is moved down!)
3vie
catflap
Diane-Fraser
back to me (Flutterbies9) -----------> (Box returned here)

This list was made from those who expressed an interest in another round of this usually popular bookbox but if you wish to be removed / added, moved up or down the list please just let me know.

Please post here if you are interested. This box has started its journey but I am happy to add others interested on its way.

I haven't read the book i want to put in yet so somewhere near the bottom of the list please :-)

No problem. Added to the base of list as requested!

Cheers

Of course I will.

Apologies for the silence, I have been absent from home but am returned now so can join you to this.

Brain just kicking in here - actually you are already in this!!

Apologies everyone. Due to family bereavement I have been mostly absent from Bookcrossing through early April to late June but I am now trying to get back into the swing. First let's get these bookboxes moving!

Any more takers?

This box will be travelling now. Sorry for all the delays. but I will send it out tomorrow and update the participants list order (and journal all those going into it!).

I will still take participants if anyone else is interested.

This box is travelling. I had a slight problem when I took it to the Post Office and had to repack the box hurriedly as it was overweight on their scales (it had been tight but OK on mine, 1197gms) so I'm afraid the tea and bookmarks were removed this time. Sorry, but I'd rather there was a choice of books than bookmarks.

If anyone else wishes to join I will take participants whilst this is on its travels and we'll see where to add you to the list.

but will take any additional participants at this time on its journey.

Here

To kinedi!

I will try to get it moving again asap.

On its way to Plum -crazy :-)

... nearly ready to move on again.

sorry I've been off grid studying for a bit am I too late to join this on?

Hi there, and welcome!

You are not too late - the box is almost but not entirely round all the participants, so I will add you in to the list. Do not be alarmed that you are so near the bottom of the list, it is almost there anyway!!

catflap 1 yr ago
Thank you
Got the message yesterday it’ll be headed my way soon

This box arrived home on the 22nd December and although I thought I had journalled its return, it appears that I had not journalled anything at all at the time (guess I was too busy with Christmas and guests etc.), so apologies to everyone concerned.

Any interest in reviving this bookbox now that the festive season is over and life is returning to its 'normal' cycle?

Haven't done a book box before, but would like to give it a go, please :)

Welcome to your first bookbox then.
All of the other names here are also, in addition to myself, 'old' hands at bookboxes so we would all be able to help you with any queries about this venture you may have.

Me too, please

Love a bookbox x

wing3viewing 1 yr ago
Add me too
Please

:-)

:-)

A lot of familiar names here and welcome back to you all.

I do aim to set this off in February as I have a full box ready to go out! though I shall try to avoid getting mixed up with Valentines boxes (if there are any, I've not checked).

If I can find something suitable, I'll join too please. Don't seem to have anything much on my bookcrossing shelves just now but hopefully I can find something. :)

Hi again, of course you are very welcome and I am sure that you will probably have something ready by the time it reaches you.

I've found some books for this. :)

You are added and welcome. As I am only sending this off to start its journey after Valentines day this month, this box may be a while before it gets around to you though.

Okay thank you very much xx

dolph1n 11 mos ago
Me please
If it's not too late.

My fault, I should have been keeping a better eye on this. I had meant to have this started and on its way (and have changed books around in it twice so far!) but only picked it up again this weekend.

Everyone in and I will get this started this week - only a month later than originally intended!!

Apologies, mea culpa.

Not done a bookbox for ages!

Of course, welcome.

I was working on this again last night and intend to start it on its way on Wednesday.

This was all boxed up and sent on its way (well into the car boot at least to get to the Post Office!) on Wednesday 24th April - although I forgot to put it on here!!

Happy travels little box.

This box has been sent out (later than intended but definitely on its way) for the current round but has yet to be heard from - perhaps it is awaiting collection, who knows. I have the Post Office slip so if nothing is heard by Tuesday 14th I will check up with them - however if necessary, I do have enough books still of this genre to send out a replacement box!

This box has been sent out (later than intended but definitely on its way) for the current round but has yet to be heard from - perhaps it is awaiting collection, who knows. I have the Post Office slip so if nothing is heard by Tuesday 14th I will check up with them - however if necessary, I do have enough books still of this genre to send out a replacement box!

Hi if it was to me I have been away and have a card from the post office. I intend to pick the parcel up tomorrow, so excited :-)

or is it too late?

Sorry, I missed this but yes, of course you can join. I will add you to the lists.

Please can I have your address to send this BookBox on.

Can I join if it's not too late please?

Likewise missed this one but you are now added.

Will pm pam99 for her address & send on shortly

I will try to get it on its way again very soon :-)

To send this off to the next in line greenbadger :-)

Sorry, looks like I forgot to say when this arrived.

I've chosen Dead Men's Bones by James Oswald. It's still under 2kg by my kitchen scales but I'm having weight issues with the Alliteration Box, so hopefully this will travel on OK but will post here if it goes over at the Post Office and I have to rethink.

Now on its way to Tattoolady.

So sorry I'm late. Had family bevement which put life on hold.

Sorry for your loss.

dolph1n 4 mos ago
With me
I'll make my choices soon.

After much juggling of books to get weight under 2kg this is finally on its way to the next person.

hope to get off next week

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.