Bookray - The Elegance of the Hedgehog - 1001-listed book - Travelling, but still open for joining!

Forum » Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Hi,

I'd like to offer "The Elegance of the Hedgehog" by Muriel Barbery as a bookray. It's on the 1001-book-you-should-read-before-you-die-list.

I hope someone's interested! If you are, post here and mention your shipping preferences.

Participants - the order might be changed!

*peacemonger84 (USA) - international shipping <- The original book is stalled here - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14356056/

Restart by greenbadger with new book - https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15310081/
*greenbadger (UK) - International shipping
*Alia_Rus (Latvia) - EU shipping
*Delphi_Reader (Greece) - International shipping
*LysMibo (Ireland) - EU shipping
*Jotka (Germany) - International shipping
*--Cfreckle (UK) - UK shipping -- Asked to be skipped
*pam99 (UK) - International shipping
*JosefinJ (Sweden) - International shipping
*minesayn (USA) - US shipping
*missprisy (USA) - US shipping

CathrineB 1 yr ago
Nobody?
Nobody interested in this book?

I'd be interested please. I'll post anywhere but can't read it for at least a couple of months as I'm behind with existing commitments.

I'd be interested please. I'll post anywhere but can't read it for at least a couple of months as I'm behind with existing commitments.

Thanks for joining greenbadger! I'll put you a bit down the list then.

I am in Canada and prefer US shipping.

I am in Canada and prefer US shipping.

Thanks for joining!

I might change the order of participants when more persons joins.

Please remove me from the ray. I was just tagged the book.

Anyone interested in reading this book?

Could I be added to the list please. - and I'm about to finish the book i'm reading, if you need someone at the beginning of the list.

Great Cfreckle, added you to the list:)

Just add me somewhere low on the list because I've got tons of book to read and move on right now lol

Thanks for offering this bookray!

Removed mcsar and added Delphi_Reader.

I would like to be added. I am US (Alaska) and can ship internationally if needed.

Thanks for joining peacemonger84 !

Anyone else that would like to join this bookray?

I sent the book to peacemonger84 at May 30.

Anyone else that would like to join?

CathrineB 1 yr ago
Bump!
Anyone else taht would like to read this book?

I would like to read this book. I'm from Latvia. Prefer EU shipping.

Added you to the list Alia_Rus! Thanks for joining!

Just letting everyone know I received the book yesterday and have already started it <3

Good news. Enjoy the reading ;)

in joining, but I prefer US shipping only. Don't know if you are still willing to add me, or not.

in joining, but I prefer US shipping only.

Thanks for joining! Added you to the end of the list, due to your shipping preferences.

It's stilll possible for others to join.

Thanks. Hopefully some others will join.

I finished a while ago but I am currently waiting Alia's reply for a mailing address.

I finished a while ago but I am currently waiting Alia's reply for a mailing address.

I will send it to you in PM

It's interesting where is a book :)

It's interesting where is a book :)

I've PM'd peacemonger84 about the book today.

Any news on the book please?

Haven't heard anything....

I've PM'd peacemonger84 and Alia_Rus now.

I've PM'd peacemonger84 and Alia_Rus now.

peacemonger84 has still not replied to my message. Alia_Rus said she hadn't received the book.

Unfortunately no recent activity from peacemonger84. It doesn't look like they're still bookcrossing.

Hello,

I would like to join. I prefer US shipping.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

I would like to join. I prefer US shipping.

Please let me know.

Thanks for joining! You're in.

... but if the ray works again it will be great to join. I'm in Germany and can send international.

... but if the ray works again it will be great to join. I'm in Germany and can send international.

I've added you to the list, in case the book shows up again.

Thank you.

I've just received a copy of this from elsewhere so I can restart this ray.

CathrineB, do you want to change the order of the ray, as Cfreckle will no longer be posting to me?

I've just received a copy of this from elsewhere so I can restart this ray.

CathrineB, do you want to change the order of the ray, as Cfreckle will no longer be posting to me?

Great! I'll change the order of the participants then!

Here's the link to the new book:

https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15310081/

Here's the link to the new book:

https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15310081/

Thank you!

Since Cfreckle prefers UK shipping, please check with her if she's OK with sending to another European country when asking for the address.

Cfreckle 11 mos ago
hi
To be honest I can't afford to post abroad at the moment, but as there no other UK readers and I do have a few books to read could I move to the bottom of the list and possibly wait and see if any other UK readers join? If someone does then I could post it to them. If noone does, then I don't mind not reading it this time around - but thank you for offering it to read xx

CathrineB 11 mos ago
RE: hi
could I move to the bottom of the list and possibly wait and see if any other UK readers join? oIf smeone does then I could post it to them.

You're moved to the bottom of the list:)

missprisy 11 mos ago
Can I join?
US shipping only at this time and I live in OK

US shipping only at this time and I live in OK

Sure you can join!

On its way to Alia_Rus.

LysMibo 11 mos ago
Can I join?
I am in Ireland and would prefer EU shipping. Many thanks!

Sure you can join!

pam99 10 mos ago
Me please
I’m UK and can post international, put me after Cfreckle?

CathrineB did you see this? If you put Cfreckle after Jotka and then pam99 then everyone can join the ray. Shall I update the list on the book journal?

CathrineB did you see this? If you put Cfreckle after Jotka and then pam99 then everyone can join the ray. Shall I update the list on the book journal?

I've updated the list here now. Feel free to change the list in the book journal whenever you want.

The book is with me now.

Happy travels!

I'm afraid that it is lost. I will write to pam99 to be sure she/he hasn't received it. And if not I would wait two months more (my book-travel-time-record: three months). If it will be still lost I will buy another copy.

I haven't received any answer from pam99 and as I see the last activity of this bookcrosser was at the beginning of October. I'll try to ask one more time in a month.

Can I join the list? I live in Sweden and can ship anywhere :-)

Added you to the list :)

wingJosefinJwing 1 mo ago
Bump!
And news about the book?

And news about the book?

Not as far as I know.

Pam99 wrote the last forum post "3 months ago". And the last JE seems to be at October 3. Seems like Pam99 takes a break from bookcrossing for some reason... So maybe the book has arrived but haven't been journalled.

Jotka - Since Pam99 is inactive, I'd recommend sending a PM (or rather 2, as the messages disappear sometimes) to them about the book. If there's no reply, it's best **not** to send them another copy of the book.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.