Sue Grafton - Kinsey Millhone Series Spiral - CLOSED

Forum » Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
I've been gathering this series for a while and with the announcement of Sue Grafton's death I thought it was about time I started reading it. On checking my TBR list, I've discovered I actually have all her books except the last one. There are a couple of hardbacks so I'll try and find a paperback more suitable for posting if anyone would like to take part in a book spiral.

Only rule is sent it on within a month but as I don't really want this to take 2 years, I'll add the suggestion - send it on as soon as possible.

earthcaroleanne
lamelemon (anywhere)
reet petite (US - A-G)
diane-fraser (US from H)
Ollie1976 (US only)
Sonkku (US & Canada)
Maranlin (anywhere)
penelopewanders

And think I have the next two or three. If there are takers. I would join at the point I don't hold a copy myself. Also happy to read D in readiness to add to your spiral if you want it :-)

I'm in. Never been in a spiral before so I may need some help. I haven't read any of the books. Live in the UK & can post anywhere.

Excellent. I'll start off posting to you and we'll slot Diane-Fraser in wherever she wants to start. I've not read A so we've got a bit longer to see if anyone else wants to join.

Diane - can you let me know what letter you want to start from?

Excellent. I'll start off posting to you and we'll slot Diane-Fraser in wherever she wants to start. I've not read A so we've got a bit longer to see if anyone else wants to join.

Diane - can you let me know what letter you want to start from?

H please. I have a few others after that on tbr too. I was thinking if reetpetite OK to post to US put me after her in the spiral and then when its a book I haven't got and want to read she can post to me and then I post to the US bookcrosser. Share the costs a bit. I haven't got most of the second half of the alphabet.

I'm in. Never been in a spiral before so I may need some help. I haven't read any of the books. Live in the UK & can post anywhere.

Are you willing to post to the U.S.?

A Bookspiral (or Book Spiral often in the forum) involves ringing or raying a series of books, one at a time, passed in order to the participants so that when participant one finishes with a book, it is passed to the next participant, and the next book in the series passes to participant one, and so on.

What it doesn't emphasise is that you are posting to the same person all the time. Whoever is last can do whatever they want with them, I don't need them back.

I'm in. I live in USA. I can send anywhere but prefer USA and Canada.

I'm in the US and would prefer to ship only in US please. I can start with A

I only have the Q. I'm in Romania, I can ship anywhere (we have the same costs for anything outside the country).

I’ve have F through to J plus L, O and P so happy to read and share if needed.

I’ve have F through to J plus L, O and P so happy to read and share if needed.

Thanks so much for the offer, I'm looking for O & P in paperback. I'm close to reading a book on your wishlist so I'll happily forward that on to you. There may be another one but I've mislaid the USB stick with my database on it so it will take a physical search. Obviously there is no hurry as these are quite far down the alphabet. Do you need my address?

Please PM me your address and I’ll pop them in the post when I’ve read them.

I haven't read any of these and this sounds like fun. I'm in Canada and can ship anywhere. Thank you!

I'd love to join - I'm in Switzerland, could ship within Europe. I do have some so might skip some? I was reading these in the days before I paid attention to the order of series (shocking, I know!) so I'll have to scout around to see which ones I have. I don't seem to have included them in my normal book inventories. I do know I've read A and B... and think I've read R.

Just a thought - I've been in spirals where we ship 2-4 books together (assuming they're quick reads) - for me that certainly makes the shipping expense lower.

I have no objection if it makes financial sense for people to send a couple of books together.

penelopewanders - if I put you to the end then Maranlin can contact you to see which books you want to skip. That would keep the cost down for her. This would also make it the end of the spiral so I'm going to close this now. Can everyone send your address to the person above you on the list? Olly1976, reet petite will be sending to you until the letter H and then diane-fraser will join in.

I have no objection if it makes financial sense for people to send a couple of books together.

penelopewanders - if I put you to the end then Maranlin can contact you to see which books you want to skip. That would keep the cost down for her. This would also make it the end of the spiral so I'm going to close this now. Can everyone send your address to the person above you on the list? Olly1976, reet petite will be sending to you until the letter H and then diane-fraser will join in.

Sounds great,thanks.

So book 'A' will be on it's way.

I aim to start reading it this week. PMing ReetPetite for an address.

I had hoped to have C read as well but I still have a backlog.

Feel free to bring a couple to Bordeaux to save some postage :)

That's a good idea but I'm travelling beforehand so it will all depends on space.

That's a good idea but I'm travelling beforehand so it will all depends on space.

Well, I posted 'C' to Bordeaux and my whole box of books has gone missing. Krissa remembers it being delivered and will contact me if it turns up. I'm not home until Thursday so if I've not heard from her by the weekend I will buy a new copy.

'D' is safely in lamelemon's hands.

Well, I posted 'C' to Bordeaux and my whole box of books has gone missing. Krissa remembers it being delivered and will contact me if it turns up. I'm not home until Thursday so if I've not heard from her by the weekend I will buy a new copy.

'D' is safely in lamelemon's hands.

Krissa has my books and will forward 'C' to lamelemon.

On it's way

it's very small and I started it right away so as to move it forward quickly :)

received them yesterday

In the post today

wingReetPetitewing 5 mos ago
C & D
ready to go to Ollie1976

Almost finished with B so I will get A & B out ASAP

to Sonkku

I received books this week. I will finish the book which I am reading now and these on next on the list. Thank you!

In the post

and I will be shipping them out next weekend

tracking number: 9549026526128265361954

I received books today. Thanks! I am almost done with A.

so sad to have missed this but good luck from England

Going in the post today

yesterday

With my current load, I'm expecting to start H mid-next week.

I am moving out of USA back to Finland. As Ollie is able to send books only to USA, I will need to drop off from the spiral. I will send the books which I currently have to next person in the list when I have read those. Sorry about this.

I am moving out of USA back to Finland. As Ollie is able to send books only to USA, I will need to drop off from the spiral. I will send the books which I currently have to next person in the list when I have read those. Sorry about this.

That will put me after Ollie and I am in Canada. Ollie, can you send to Canada? Sonkku, I will PM you with my address so you can send me the books you have. Thanks!

I've already been emailing Ollie and as there is no one else in the US, they will have to drop out too, unfortunately. There may also be another re-arrange required so leave it with me for now.

to Sonkku- tracking: 9500106678868343030083

to Sonkku- tracking: 9500106678868343030083

Sonkku is dropping out because they are moving back to Finland. The first four books are stalled there and now there are another 2 books on the way. I have asked that they all get posted on asap otherwise this spiral isn't going anywhere. The first books should have made it all the way round by now.

earthcaroleanne
reet petite (US - A-G)
diane-fraser (US from H)
Maranlin (anywhere)
penelopewanders (EU) - post G-I to Ollie1976
lamelemon (anywhere) - From J
Ollie1976 (US only)

How does that look to everyone? diane-fraser are you willing to post to Canada, it's the same price as the US, I think> penelopwanders are you OK posting to me in the UK first, then Belarus? lamelemon, moving you to the end will give you a break for your work trip and I believe you already told me you were OK posting to the US. All this on the assumption it gets moving again.

Can you confirm you've read this, please? I'm trying to avoid PMing everyone.

diane-fraser are you willing to post to Canada, it's the same price as the US,

Yes. However I don't require some after H as I already have a few of the
Latter alphabet books. I'll let reetpetite know which ones. Is she ok for Canada too?

is fine with me however I mailed out E and F without reading them since I didn't want to be holding onto them to ship internationally

This is fine with me. Hope this gets moving again. Sonkku sent me a PM to say she would be sending A to D to me - after she had read them. She has had these for a while now so I hope she means soon! Perhaps with her move, real life got in the way.

so hopefully this won't throw a spanner in the works, but I see I have A, B, H, J, N, P, Q and R already... and I still have to check another shelf. So please don't send me any of those. I'll try to have a final look when I get home.
I am fine with sending to Belarus and as mentioned, I can also send a few to the States if necessary (seems silly for me to send to the UK just so they can be forwarded to Ollie1976...
I wish you all a peaceful and happy season, and thanks for sorting this out!

so hopefully this won't throw a spanner in the works, but I see I have A, B, H, J, N, P, Q and R already... and I still have to check another shelf.

penelopewanders, you are right after me in the new order. No problem. I will check with you first before sending anything to make sure you don't already have them. Lots of time for you to check your other shelf, since I don't have any of the books yet and you already have your own copies of A and B.

halfway through H and I is also with me; will ping you when they are ready to travel.
Yes, I can post anywhere internationally at the same cost :) whatever works best.

I think I have included everyone's preferences above with the exception of the duplicate books which I will leave between the sender/receiver. The only person that hasn't responded is Reet Petite whose posting hasn't changed much but I'll send her a PM. I don't see why she wouldn't be happy to post to Canada occasionally because it is the same cost. I'll update you all as soon as I can.

I'm confused. Did the updates happen as it's still got Sonnku as US. Am I looking at the right post?

Eta think I looked at the wrong list lol

I should have been clearer - the list at the top hasn't been changed yet. The new list was in my post.

I've got to admit I've been putting off sorting this. So new year, new start. This is the new list I think we are happy with. I'll change the one at the top when I post 'J' which will give people time to comment if necessary. Penelopewanders, I know you requested EU but if you were able to post 3 to the US that would be wonderful. If not, send them back to me and I'll post them on. I've also ordered new copies of A-F in omnibus editions for Maranlin and penelopewanders as they've been waiting a year and I don't have a lot of faith in Sonkku posting them on. Can I rely on you all to make sure you have the correct posting address, please? And let me know if I've forgotten anything. Thanks for your patience.

earthcaroleanne
reet petite (US - A-G)
diane-fraser (US from H)
Maranlin (anywhere)
penelopewanders (EU) - post G-I to Ollie1976/earthcaroleanne
Ollie1976 (US only)

I've got to admit I've been putting off sorting this. So new year, new start. This is the new list I think we are happy with. I'll change the one at the top when I post 'J' which will give people time to comment if necessary. Penelopewanders, I know you requested EU but if you were able to post 3 to the US that would be wonderful. If not, send them back to me and I'll post them on. I've also ordered new copies of A-F in omnibus editions for Maranlin and penelopewanders as they've been waiting a year and I don't have a lot of faith in Sonkku posting them on. Can I rely on you all to make sure you have the correct posting address, please? And let me know if I've forgotten anything. Thanks for your patience.

earthcaroleanne
reet petite (US - A-G)
diane-fraser (US from H)
Maranlin (anywhere)
penelopewanders (EU) - post G-I to Ollie1976/earthcaroleanne
Ollie1976 (US only)

Thank you so much, earthcaroleanne for all your work to figure this out, and for arranging new copies of A to F. The only thing I would add is that I think Ollie1976 sent E and F to sonkku without reading them first, so she may be starting from E. I am sure she will confirm this at some point. Happy New Year to all.

Thank you so much, earthcaroleanne for all your work to figure this out, and for arranging new copies of A to F. The only thing I would add is that I think Ollie1976 sent E and F to sonkku without reading them first, so she may be starting from E. I am sure she will confirm this at some point. Happy New Year to all.

Yes....I did send E, F to Sonkku without reading them and would love to read them

Yes....I did send E, F to Sonkku without reading them and would love to read them

OK, I'll make sure you get them.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.