Small Surprise Bookbox #1 for 2018 CLOSED

Forum » Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
I am going to start taking names now for this bookbox. I will try to mail this out starting the first week of January.

I would like to start a small bookbox-only 3 books at a time. Various genres. Maybe one hardcover and two softcovers at a time. You can take as many as you want out, just please replace the number you took out. Book for a book. If you take a hardcover, you can replace it with a softcover. I am keeping this in the US only because of shipping costs. Please let me know if you would like to join in.

Once you receive the box, please post on here that you did receive it, what books you decided to keep, and when you sent the box along with tracking number. I ask this so I can keep track of where the box is and if there are any issues, I can try to address them ASAP.

List of Participants:
Egkrynicky
jmsmom
Queen72
rubyrebel
Meekachu07
booboo123
BooksandMusic
Sonkku
perryfran
HI77
Ann1244<----here
booklady331
Ollie1976

I'll join in on this to start off the New Year. Thanks for hosting again, Ollie1976, and Happy Holidays to you and yours!!! ; )

I'll join in on this to start off the New Year. Thanks for hosting again, Ollie1976, and Happy Holidays to you and yours!!! ; )

Thank you-Happy Holidays.

I’d like to join.

I’d like to join.

gotcha down

wingjmsmomwing 1 yr ago
Me please
Thanks!

Thanks!

have you down

Please add me to the list. Thanks!

Please add me to the list. Thanks!

have you down

rubyrebel 1 yr ago
ill join
please add me

please add me

have you down

Ollie1976 1 yr ago
Please
do NOT send me your address unless I specifically ask for it. This box is not ready to be posted. The books have NOT been gathered. I will reach out to the first member when the box is ready AFTER the New Year.

I only post this because I have received 2 addresses from participants. I appreciate the excitement but please wait until participants ask for it. I personally will lose the addresses this early and would have to ask for it anyway.

Thank you

do NOT send me your address unless I specifically ask for it.
To my knowledge, this had not been mentioned before, and sending an address (I forgot) in a PM when joining in is a "norm" for many. I've decided not to participate this time around, afterall...so please remove me from your list. Thank you.

do NOT send me your address unless I specifically ask for it.
To my knowledge, this had not been mentioned before, and sending an address (I forgot) in a PM when joining in is a "norm" for many. I've decided not to participate this time around, afterall...so please remove me from your list. Thank you.

you have been removed

Please add me

Please add me

have you down

booboo123 1 yr ago
Please
add me for 2018, The last one was fun.

add me for 2018, The last one was fun.

have you down

wingBooksandMusicwing 1 yr ago
yes
I would like to participate.

Ollie1976 1 yr ago
RE: yes
I would like to participate.

have you down

wingSonkkuwing 1 yr ago
I am in
I am in, this is fun. Thank you for organizing.

I am in, this is fun. Thank you for organizing.

have you down

Thanks

Thanks

have you down

HI77 1 yr ago
:)

I'd like to join in please. :)

Ollie1976 1 yr ago
RE: :)

I'd like to join in please. :)

have you down

on Friday. If you would like to join in, please say so. After the last box, I need to have everyone understand that they need to post when they receive the box, when they send it out, and post the tracking number.

I would like to join please

I would like to join please

have you down

Tracking number is 9549026526118005235775 to Egkrynicky...should be there by next Friday

Reminders:
Please post to the forum when you receive, what you took out, when you sent it along with the tracking number.
I started it off with 3 mainstream paperbacks and one small paperback. 3 books in the box is all that is needed to keep this going. They can be any genre and hardcover or softcover. I hope that you enjoy.

box arrived on 1/12/18

I received a pm asking for address yesterday afternoon and have sent it. If it wasn't received, let me know.

Hi jmsmom! Your bookbox is on it’s way. The USPS tracking # is 9549 0154 0276 8013 0654 58. The estimated arrival is Saturday 01/20/2018

wingEgkrynickywing 1 yr ago
Books
I took out two books: Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover’s soul and From Potter’s Field by Patricia Cornwell.

Ollie1976 1 yr ago
thank you
for the updates and tracking info. Hope you enjoy the books you picked out.

box was delivered on 1/19/18.

wingjmsmomwing 12 mos ago
I have the box.
Have pmed Queen72 for address. Will get it off next week provided I have the address.

Have pmed Queen72 for address. Will get it off next week provided I have the address.

thank you!

Message received and I pm'd jmsmom my address.

Message received and I pm'd jmsmom my address.

thank you

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

There were more than 3 books in this pkg and I kept 4

Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
Dance of Death by Dale Hudson
Paris for One by Jojo Moyes
The Sleeping Doll by Jeffery Deaver

There were more than 3 books in this pkg and I kept 4

Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
Dance of Death by Dale Hudson
Paris for One by Jojo Moyes
The Sleeping Doll by Jeffery Deaver

thank you!

I have requested rubyrebels address.

I kept Lord of the Flies from the box.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14745086

I have requested rubyrebels address.

I kept Lord of the Flies from the box.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14745086

thank you

heard from Queen72 and they are mailing it out to rubyrebel today

Ollie1976 11 mos ago
REMINDER
please remember to post tracking numbers or you can PM me. I need these to follow-up on where the box is and it helps prevent me from having to harass participants on the whereabouts.

Sorry, but this is the first chance I've had to log in this week. The box was shipped on 2/2 and should be delivered 2/8.

Sorry, but this is the first chance I've had to log in this week. The box was shipped on 2/2 and should be delivered 2/8.

thank you!

bookbox was delivered on 2/9/18

I just need to send it out.

Took out one book - Christmas pie
Put in the running man

I just need to send it out.

Took out one book - Christmas pie
Put in the running man

thank you

Please please please communicate about the status of the box. I completely understand if the box needs to be held up. I just ask that I'm notified. I do not like asking about where the box is all the time.
Also, tracking numbers are a necessity. This helps me track it down if something happens and also allows you to go back to the post office if something happens to it.

I will select "Stones into Schools" by Greg Mortenson.

I am PMing next in line. I am finishing up a book right now that I'd like to add to this box, so it will ship by Saturday.

I will select "Stones into Schools" by Greg Mortenson.

I am PMing next in line. I am finishing up a book right now that I'd like to add to this box, so it will ship by Saturday.

Thank you!

If not, add me

If not, add me

I have you added

wingMeekachu07wing 10 mos ago
Shipped
Placed in blue box, but they won't get picked up til Monday

Tracking: 9449009699937406578248

Ollie1976 10 mos ago
RE: Shipped
Placed in blue box, but they won't get picked up til Monday

Tracking: 9449009699937406578248

thank you

I got the book box yesterday. I chose The Jane Austen Miscellany by Lesley Bolton. Love Jane Austen. I have a busy week ahead so the book box probably won't be mailed until the middle or end of next week.

I got the book box yesterday. I chose The Jane Austen Miscellany by Lesley Bolton. Love Jane Austen. I have a busy week ahead so the book box probably won't be mailed until the middle or end of next week.

ok-thank you!

to Books and Music. I mailed it today
Tracking #9549011773698078159878
Happy reading everybody!

thank you for the update and tracking number

and chose The Running Man by Stephen King. I've PM'd Sonkku for her address.

and chose The Running Man by Stephen King. I've PM'd Sonkku for her address.

thank you

Tracking # 9549014878828085332246

Tracking # 9549014878828085332246

thank you!

I received books. West have visitors and we will Be traveling on end of the Weekend hence it looks like that I will check the books on next week.

I received books. West have visitors and we will Be traveling on end of the Weekend hence it looks like that I will check the books on next week.

thank you for the update

to put on page 1 for easier access

I chose The Staircase by Ann Rinaldi and The Leopard by Jo Nesbo. I sent PM to Perryfran for address. If I receive the address on time, I will send bookbox out tomorrow.

Books on mail. Tracking # is 9549 0106 0277 8111 1662 95

I received the bookbox today. I will look them over and decide what to keep. (By the way, there are now 4 books in the box). I will also contact the next in line and get these moving again soon.

Edit 4/28/18: I will select the following:
The Ice Princess by Camilla Lackberg
The Preacher by Camilla Lackberg
The Girl in the Green Raincoat by Laura Lippman

I received the bookbox today. I will look them over and decide what to keep. (By the way, there are now 4 books in the box). I will also contact the next in line and get these moving again soon.

Edit 4/28/18: I will select the following:
The Ice Princess by Camilla Lackberg
The Preacher by Camilla Lackberg
The Girl in the Green Raincoat by Laura Lippman

thank you!

...will be in the mail tomorrow.

Tracking:

...will be in the mail tomorrow.

Tracking:

awesome-thank you!

it was delivered on 5/7/18

HI77 8 mos ago

Yes, the box is here safe and sound. ;)

📦

Ollie1976 8 mos ago

Yes, the box is here safe and sound. ;)

📦

awesome-thank you

Ollie1976 7 mos ago
bumping
to put on page 1

HI77 7 mos ago

An update; I've attempted to put this out in the mail at my home twice now and the mail people never pick it up. Monday is a holiday, so I will have to put this out on Tuesday at the actual post office.

Here is the tracking #: 9449009699938489987965

Ollie1976 7 mos ago

An update; I've attempted to put this out in the mail at my home twice now and the mail people never pick it up. Monday is a holiday, so I will have to put this out on Tuesday at the actual post office.

Here is the tracking #: 9449009699938489987965

Thank you for the update!

this was delivered on 6/4-please update

to Ann personally but she seems to be MIA

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.