corner corner A World of Crime Bookbox (UK only)

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

A World of Crime Bookbox (UK only)

This is for crime novels primarily by foreign authors & set anywhere in the world EXCEPT Great Britain or USA.

However, British or American authors will be acceptable providing the setting AND lead character are both foreign.
For example;
Alexander McCall Smith's (British) "No 1 Ladies Detective Agency" would be acceptable as it's set in Botswana with a Botswanian "detective".

Otherwise my usual "rules" apply:

1. There must be a minimum of 5 books in it. You can take out up to 4 books but you MUST send on one for each one you remove.. Feel free to add extra as long as....

2....the package weighs under 2KG. This is is just to keep costs down. (Postage is currently at £2.90 second class for up to 2KG)

3 Please journal the date the bookbox is received (BCID will be in the box - please leave for next person!) & sent on & of course, journal any books you remove.

4 As a courtesy to other readers please only put in books that are in a decent condition.

5 Only one book by an author allowed in the box at a time.....& please try & mix the countries......& don't forget, NO GB or USA!

Rainbow3
brunton11
kinedi
Yorkshire-lass
3vie
Flutterbies9
Cross-patch
fleurdely
raeliz64

Complete Thread

Profile Image
This is for crime novels primarily by foreign authors & set anywhere in the world EXCEPT Great Britain or USA.

However, British or American authors will be acceptable providing the setting AND lead character are both foreign.
For example;
Alexander McCall Smith's (British) "No 1 Ladies Detective Agency" would be acceptable as it's set in Botswana with a Botswanian "detective".

Otherwise my usual "rules" apply:

1. There must be a minimum of 5 books in it. You can take out up to 4 books but you MUST send on one for each one you remove.. Feel free to add extra as long as....

2....the package weighs under 2KG. This is is just to keep costs down. (Postage is currently at £2.90 second class for up to 2KG)

3 Please journal the date the bookbox is received (BCID will be in the box - please leave for next person!) & sent on & of course, journal any books you remove.

4 As a courtesy to other readers please only put in books that are in a decent condition.

5 Only one book by an author allowed in the box at a time.....& please try & mix the countries......& don't forget, NO GB or USA!

Rainbow3
brunton11
kinedi
Yorkshire-lass
3vie
Flutterbies9
Cross-patch
fleurdely
raeliz64
Profile Image
. . . at the moment I have a couple of brilliant additions I could make. All going well, that would be no-one else beating me to the point by adding copies of my potential possibilities. We'll see!

Meanwhile, I'll point some other Scottish BookCrossers in the direction of your BC BookBox announcement. Cheers rainbow3

PS I’ll also PM you.
Profile Image
Don't need much persuading :o)
Profile Image
I can think of a couple of TBRs that would fit the bill. Hopefully not the same as rainbow3s :)
Profile Image
Sounds right up my street :-)
Profile Image
I am in - as always :o)
Profile Image

Me too

Please
Profile Image
..... into this bookbox also. I've got at least a couple that I know would fit the genre perfectly too.

Thanks.
Profile Image

All in!

Profile Image

Anymore?

Profile Image
Yes, please.
Profile Image
I'd love to join.
Profile Image
....you're in :o)
Profile Image
Can you add me please?
Profile Image
Can you add me please?

No problem...you're added :o)
Profile Image
...just waiting on Rainbow3's address. More readers always welcome :o)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.