[CLOSED] ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter O

Forum » Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter O to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another O-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

Southernfryed
jmsmom
ravencat
BooksandMusic
perryfran
tabby-cat-owner
Suezq60
Meekachu07
heartthumper
BookLovinMama -- asked to be skipped
raralovestoread
Dove-i-libri
booklady331
NancyNova
MmeClinton
lane1088
iwillrejoice

PM'ing you now...

The O-Authors are heading north. Happy picking!

USPS TRACKING #9449 0096 9993 9187 3929 83

I'm keeping Before Your Dog Can Eat Your Homework, First You Have to Do It by John O'Hurley. Pming jmsmom for address. With company for the weekend and the eclipse on Monday, it might Tues or Wed before I get to the post office.

Thanks, Southernfryed!

a couple days ago and went back out today.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

I chose Unlucky in Law by Perri O'Shaughnessy.

a couple days ago and went back out today.

I chose Unlucky in Law by Perri O'Shaughnessy.

Thanks, jmsmom!

Books arrived and will make selection in the next day or two and will PM next in line.

I have chosen Christmas at Sea Pines Cottage by Sally Smith O'Rourke.. Books on the way to BooksandMusic USPS Tracking 9549 0100 2522 7254 1449 38

I have chosen Christmas at Sea Pines Cottage by Sally Smith O'Rourke.. Books on the way to BooksandMusic USPS Tracking 9549 0100 2522 7254 1449 38

Thanks, ravencat!

I am choosing West of Sunset by Stewart O'Nan. Hope it is good. I have to finish reading my O author book and then I will get them in the mail.

I see PF is next, I'll get the books out on Monday.

I see PF is next, I'll get the books out on Monday.

Thanks, BooksandMusic!

I selected "In the Forest" by Edna O'Brien
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14038302

The other book was way outside of my reading alley! I'll contact the next in line and get these moving again ASAP. Thanks

...tomorrow.

Tracking:

Thanks, perryfran!

I have chosen "Purge" by Sofi Oksanen.

I will send the O authors book on asap.

I received a message from tabby-cat-owner a while back verifying my mailing info but have not seen the books.

I am sorry that I didn't mail them sooner but for the past few weeks I have been dealing with a variety of situations that made it impossible for me to mail these books.

I am sorry that I didn't mail them sooner but for the past few weeks I have been dealing with a variety of situations that made it impossible for me to mail these books.

Thanks for the update.

The books have arrived! I will choose one and send them along soon.

I have chosen "The Normandy Diary of Marie-Louise Osmont: 1940-1944" and sent the books on their way. Tracking #9549-0121-1302-7307-1151-62

I have chosen "The Normandy Diary of Marie-Louise Osmont: 1940-1944" and sent the books on their way. Tracking #9549-0121-1302-7307-1151-62

Thanks, Suezq60!

I selected the book "Halfway to Heaven" by Mark Obmascik. PMing next in line. Should have this moved along by the weekend.

wingMeekachu07wing 1 yr ago
Books
These will ship out tomorrow (Monday the 13th)

These will ship out tomorrow (Monday the 13th)

Thanks, Meekachu07!

I have chosen "Victim Six" by Gregg Olsen. Will ship out when I get the next address. Thanks!

messaging the next in line.

Tracking #9549 0143 9419 7334 1762 94

Tracking #9549 0143 9419 7334 1762 94

Thanks, heartthumper!

I have chosen The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom by Suze Orman. It will be cold and rainy here the next few days so the books will not be mailed until next week.

Thanks, raralovestoread.

(By George Orwell.) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/3427111

I've already added my book and will contact BookLady331 to see how we will pass the books. Maybe a get-together is in order.

... Even though we only live a few miles from each other. If I waited until we could get together, it would be way after new year's. Better to get these going now. I'll add the tracking number when he gets home from the post office!

... Even though we only live a few miles from each other. If I waited until we could get together, it would be way after new year's. Better to get these going now. I'll add the tracking number when he gets home from the post office!

Thanks, Dove-i-libri.

Ann1244 10 mos ago
join
ca I still join?

wingiwillrejoicewing 10 mos ago
RE: join
ca I still join?

Sure. You're in!

It surely can't be taking over 2 weeks just to cross the bridge. On the other hand, with our mail service, who knows?

I could not journal as I was without Internet. Finally got it today. I picked.

Running in the Family by Michael Ondaatje

Now to get the address to move it on.

I could not journal as I was without Internet. Finally got it today. I picked.

Running in the Family by Michael Ondaatje

Now to get the address to move it on.

Thanks for the update. Glad your internet is back on.

Has it gone missing?

and I'm choosing Play Dirty by Lorie O'Clare

PM'g next in line

Just received these; am taking out We Were the Mulvaney's by Joyce Carol Oates. Will read my O book next and send on box to lane1088

I had to read my contribution, which delayed for about a week, but my housemate sent on the package while I was out of state this past week!

I had to read my contribution, which delayed for about a week, but my housemate sent on the package while I was out of state this past week!

Thanks, MmeClinton!

I am picking "My year of Meats" by Ruth Ozeki. I had already finished my O book so the books are ready to go back out. I will be sending them either tomorrow (if i have time) or on Saturday.

I am picking "My year of Meats" by Ruth Ozeki. I had already finished my O book so the books are ready to go back out. I will be sending them either tomorrow (if i have time) or on Saturday.

Thanks, lane1088!

I just shipped them out. Here is the tracking number: 9549 0265 2421 8062 2277 81.

I just shipped them out. Here is the tracking number: 9549 0265 2421 8062 2277 81.

Thanks, lane1088!

They arrived safely today. I received A Twisted Faith by Gregg Olsen & Erased from Memory by Diana O'Hehir. Thanks for sharing, everyone!

This concludes the O-Authors book ring.

P.S. Please remember to register your books!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.