corner corner ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter W

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter W

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter W to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 W-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another W-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

booklady331
jmsmom
Southernfryed
ravencat
perryfran
BooksandMusic
innae
NancyNova
Suezq60
LynnGorman
Meekachu07
heartthumper
raralovestoread -- asked to be skipped
tabby-cat-owner
BooksnBeer
mrsjones
Dove-i-libri
BookLovinMama
lane1088
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter W to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 W-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another W-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

booklady331
jmsmom
Southernfryed
ravencat
perryfran
BooksandMusic
innae
NancyNova
Suezq60
LynnGorman
Meekachu07
heartthumper
raralovestoread -- asked to be skipped
tabby-cat-owner
BooksnBeer
mrsjones
Dove-i-libri
BookLovinMama
lane1088
me

Profile Image
PM is on its way...

Profile Image
... will be traveling tomorrow.

USPS TRACKING #9449 0096 9993 7588 4114 70

Happy picking!

Profile Image
My pick is Without Warning by John Birmingham. I have PMed the next person. I will mail later this week.
Profile Image
Will pm southernfryed for an address. She's up next on two other rings I'm expecting so will probably give it a few days hoping they both get here and I can either send them all together or at least just make one trip to the post office. If it takes too long, I'll go ahead and send them.
Profile Image
https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

I chose When will There Be Good News? by Kate Atkinson
Profile Image

I chose When will There Be Good News? by Kate Atkinson

Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
I'm choosing Whiteout by Ken Follett. Pming the next in line.
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed!

Profile Image
Books arrived and have chosen When The Wind Blows by James Patterson. Pming next in line.
Profile Image
Books arrived and have chosen When The Wind Blows by James Patterson. Pming next in line.

Books on the way to perryfran USPS Tracking # 9549 0100 2524 7172 1444 69
Profile Image

Books on the way to perryfran USPS Tracking # 9549 0100 2524 7172 1444 69

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
Neither book is really my cup of tea but I will keep Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah. I'll most likely pass this on to another reader at some point. Will get these moving again ASAP.
Profile Image
...to Booksandmusic

Tracking:

Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image
I am choosing Wolf Willow by Wallace Stegner.

I should be able to get the package in the mail tomorrow.
Profile Image
I am choosing Wolf Willow by Wallace Stegner.

I should be able to get the package in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks for the update, BooksandMusic.

Profile Image
They are on their way.
Profile Image
They are on their way.

Thanks, BooksandMusic.

Profile Image
and I am choosing Weird Hauntings! I will get the next address and get them on the way soon.
Profile Image
via media mail...
tracking #9549 0104 5031 7207 1607 87

Profile Image
via media mail...
tracking #9549 0104 5031 7207 1607 87

Thanks, innae!

Profile Image
not sure which one will stay. PM'g next in line so I can pack them up for the weekend mailing.
Profile Image
I received the books today and chose "The Widow's Walk" by Robert Barclay. I will get the books back in the mail shortly.
Profile Image
The books are on their way, tracking #9549-0121-1302-7223-0984-71
Profile Image
The books are on their way, tracking #9549-0121-1302-7223-0984-71

Thanks, Suezq60!

Profile Image
made it safely to Indiana! I am going to keep The Worst Hard Time by Timothy Egan. I will PM next on the list.
Profile Image

W books

are on their way! Should arrive to Meekachu07 next Tues!
Profile Image
are on their way! Should arrive to Meekachu07 next Tues!

Thanks, LynnGorman!

Profile Image
I selected "Where or When" by Anita Shreve

PMing next in line
Profile Image

Moving on

These are on their way to Kansas
Profile Image
These are on their way to Kansas

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
I will message the next in line. I chose When Venus Fell by Deborah Smith.
Profile Image
#9449010200793525497220 . They said it would go out last night or early today. Thanks.
Profile Image
#9449010200793525497220 . They said it would go out last night or early today. Thanks.

Thanks, hearthumper!

Profile Image
I have chosen "Welcome to my Planet" by Shannon Olson.

At one time, I did have this book in my possession and never got around to reading it. Maybe this time, I will read it.

I will mail the "W" books on asap.
Profile Image
I almost confused this ring with a Bookbox I am expecting. I received two rings in one box. Luckily, I have not mailed it out. A heads-up would have been nice.

I will be selecting Why Mermaids Sing - C.S Harris. Moving rings along when I get next address.
Profile Image
I almost confused this ring with a Bookbox I am expecting. I received two rings in one box. Luckily, I have not mailed it out. A heads-up would have been nice.

I will be selecting Why Mermaids Sing - C.S Harris. Moving rings along when I get next address.

Again, sorry about the confusion. I did send you two PMs about both bookrings. I don't appreciate being criticized on a public forum like this. I don't think that it is a nice thing to do.
Profile Image
OK, it's over. An obvious miscommunication. Maybe the BC PMs failed (again).

Let's move on.

Profile Image
I chose White Witch, Black Curse because sadly, the print in the other book was too small for these aging eyes. :(

I'll get them on their way as soon as I have the next address. Thanks!
Profile Image
I have chosen "Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Coast Trail" by Cheryl Strayed.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14695544

My book is added and will check with BookLovinMama before I send the books along, but they will be out by Monday!
Profile Image
I have chosen "Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Coast Trail" by Cheryl Strayed.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14695544

My book is added and will check with BookLovinMama before I send the books along, but they will be out by Monday!

Thanks, Dove-i-libri!

Profile Image
BookLovinMama should receive this soon.
Profile Image
BookLovinMama should receive this soon.

Thanks, Dove-i-libri!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.