corner corner (CLOSED) Books: A Memoir by Larry McMurtry Bookring

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
NOTE: The "Teens" category that is currently set for this hardback book is not accurate. It is actually a Memoir.

Ok, I fixed the category. Pretty sure I chose biographies & memoirs in the first place, but sometimes the internet gremlins change the category without asking me. :s

Since this is international, it will probably help if you have access to a postal (or cooking) scale and can include information here about how much the book weighs so people can figure out how much postage will cost...

Complete Thread

Profile Image
At Delphi_Readers' suggestion (THANK YOU!!! ; D)...I have reopened this originally titled "International BookCrossing Day 21 April 2017 Celebratory Bookring", so that those many happy Oslo Convention Attendees (and others) who may have missed it and may be home by now, would also be able to join in, if interested...although now I've decided to rename it using the book's title, in an effort to have it be less confusing. ; )

Book with card wrapped in plain brown paper grocery bag from US to Greece weighed
1 lb 5.20 ozs (US), or 0.689 kg, if this online lb to kg converter is accurate . ; ) http://www.convertunits.com/---/kg

I would like to get this started by sending it off ON Friday, 21 April 2017, so the first to post please PM your address to me...you'll be first in line. Please be prepared to ship Internationally, as we will inDEED be celebrating INTERNATIONAL BOOKCROSSING DAY, and will be honoring fellow BCer Purple58's memory in the process!!! ; D

Books: A Memoir by Larry McMurtry
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14228342

NOTE: The "Teens" category that is currently set for this hardback book is not accurate. It is actually a Memoir. ***THANKS for updating this, hyphen8!!! ; )***

Participants:

Delphi_Reader (Greece) <--------Reading being done here!!! ; D

Back to me ; ) (USA)
Profile Image
NOTE: The "Teens" category that is currently set for this hardback book is not accurate. It is actually a Memoir.

Ok, I fixed the category. Pretty sure I chose biographies & memoirs in the first place, but sometimes the internet gremlins change the category without asking me. :s

Since this is international, it will probably help if you have access to a postal (or cooking) scale and can include information here about how much the book weighs so people can figure out how much postage will cost...
Profile Image
OH...THANK YOU so much, hyphen8!!! : ) YES!!! I'm certain you DID chose the Biography and Memoir category. ; ) When registering several books on BookCrossing recently, I noticed that the category still gets changed quite frequently and requires one go back in and correct it, sometimes more than once!

Thanks for the tip! ; ) I do not have access to a scale, but imagine that since this book is a good sized hardback, it weighs about a pound, or close to 0.50kg...before it is put into a packing envelope. Once I send it to Delphi_Reader, I will know for certain what it weighs, and will post that information here. ; )
Profile Image
Add me please. I'm in Greece and can send anywhere.
Profile Image
Thank you, Delphi_Reader!!! ; ) Please PM your address to me.
Profile Image
Profile Image
HAHAHAHAHA!!! Well, apparently you and I seem to be the only ones who think this might be an interesting book, Delphi_Reader. ; D

I haven't had a chance to read it yet and decided that with two other Bookrings due to be arriving soon, and other BCer TBR's that I am currently reading, I'd offer it up as a Bookring to share with others, and then I'd enjoy it when it returned. I also thought perhaps there'd be more interest, but without it, there's really no sense in keeping this open as a Bookring. Therefore, I'm sending it off to you and will enclose a label and postage for you to return it to me at your leisure. That way we'll both be able to enjoy it!!! ; )

HAPPY BOOKCROSSING DAY!!! : D
Profile Image
Maybe the more active bookcrossers who check the forum often are in Oslo enjoying theirselves and the others are busy wild releasing books? (Wishful thinking? I don't know)
Anyhow, let's hope the book will be here soon and I 'll try not to hold it for too long before sending it back. : )
Profile Image
And I actually started reading in already : )

Thank you BOOKWORMINUSALL for this ring and for the kind message and postage and bookmark and everything .

Maybe someone else is interested to check this book too?
Profile Image
And I actually started reading in already : )

Thank you BOOKWORMINUSALL for this ring and for the kind message and postage and bookmark and everything .

Maybe someone else is interested to check this book too?

My pleasure, Delphi_Reader. ; ) I actually had to bring it back home with me from the Post Office and repack it, as the clerk told me it was in the wrong kind of envelope, which was the one the clerk I picked the envelope up from told me was the right one. Not the first time this has happened. Lots of turnaround at that Main Post Office recently. At any rate, in the process of repacking, I think I may have forgotten to put the SASE with extra postage in for you to return it. My apologies. Thanks for posting here. ; ) At your suggestion, I think I will open this back up to see if someone else may be interested. ; ) HAPPY READING!!! : D
Profile Image
This "Books: A Memoir by Larry McMurtry" Bookring is open for travel!!! ; )
Profile Image
Waiting for instructions from BOOKWORMINUSALL : )
Profile Image
Waiting for instructions from BOOKWORMINUSALL : )

I'll PM you, Delphi_Reader, but since it seems as though this one is just not drawing interest (I've gone ahead closed it), and it seems as though Purple58 would wish for it to continue to travel until it finds a good home, I say you have some fun by Wild Releasing it and setting it FREE wherever you please!!! : D

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.