A roundabout is a type of bookring, where everyone who participates sends one of their books to the next participant. And so the book goes round until it has been with every participant and every participant has read all the books.
Here's some basic rules
1. I will compile and post a list of members who are interested. Unfortunately I will restrict this to Europe only. Shipping overseas sometimes takes a long time and with delays. Everyone who enters should be willing to ship within Europe with airmail, but I will try and group people of the same country together. Even so, I know shipping costs can be expensive, so try not to choose big hardback copies of your favourite. Also if your favourite is a 1000 page novel, maybe pick your second favourite. I will PM people to confirm the shipping order and let them know when the roundabout has started.
2. Everyone mails their favourite/special book to the next person on the list. So everyone has a new book.
3. Once you have received your book you should POST HERE to say that it has arrived (but don't say what it is to keep it a surprise for the rest!).
4. Once you have received the book you will have one month to read and send on your book. I think this is plenty of time.
5. These last two steps are repeated until everyone has read each others' books.
This way our favourite reads get the chance to touch many lives :)
I will go for a maximum of 12 participants. I would like for everyone to send their books out in the first half of January, so get your books ready. I will close this as soon as we get 12 participants. It's first come first serve, so please enter fast if you want to participate!
Because this roundabout will probably cover at least a year, please make sure you can commit. I will check your previous record on bookcrossing, and if you are a staller of books, please don't enter. I only let people in who have proven before to be reliable bookcrossers. This may sound harsh and I don't want to scare people away, but it just wouldn't be fair to the other participants if books get stalled, or people drop out. Also, this year books were sent out of order so, please only send to the same person every time.
5. Leahjett (being skipped - books aren't being forwarded)