Bookring - "Hunger" by Knut Hamsun - on 1001 books you must read before you die list

Forum » Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Hi,

I know that some of you read books from the 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die List. Therefore I want to offer the book "Hunger" by Knut Hamsun as a bookring. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13549159/

The weight of this paperback book is 153 grams.
12,9 cm x 19,7 cm and 1,5 cm thick.
189 pages.

Please pass it on within 4 weeks. If you for some reason need more time, please let us know here.

Who's interested?
And include your shipping preferences, if any, please!

*BaiLong (China) - international shipping
*BookLovinMama (USA) - US shipping if possible (but can ship international)
----*CanticleLost (USA) - international shipping (Asked to be skipped)
----*brunton11 (UK) - UK/EU postage prefered if possible (Asked to be skipped)
*teapot (UK) - UK/Europe postage if possible
*Cassandra2020 (UK)
*earthcaroleanne (UK) - UK shipping, EU if needed
*Clairby11xxx (UK) - UK shipping, Europe if needed
----*DianeO (UK) - international shipping (Skipped due to no response)
*kisses_cuddles (UK) - UK if possible
*brunton11 (UK) - Can post wherever needed (Re-added to the list)
*sarahmangan (UK) -Prefer UK shipping, but EU if needed
----*thira3006 (Germany) - Europe/UK if possible (not interested anymore)
*conto (Portugal) - EU shipping
*Ftarazu (Portugal) - EU shipping if possible (international if needed)
*JosefinJ (Sweden) - International shipping <-- PROBABLY LOST ON ITS WAY HERE
*mcsar (Canada) - prefer US shipping (but international if needed)
*LaRue (USA) - prefer US shipping (but international if needed)
*LysMibo (Ireland) - Prefer Europe shipping
*back to CathrineB (Norway)

Nobody?

As far as I remember, this was a good book, which was worth reading!

UK/EU postage preferred if possible

You're in brunton11. Thanks for joining!

your friendly message!

I am interested in this :-), but only I want to send the book within Europe or the UK. Sorry that I don't want to send the book for more money to the next reader.

Another person - aBaCi - is interested in reading the book quite parallel with me. Hoping we can read the book in more than one week. ;-)

Under this conditions I want to take part. Thank you.

I've added you to the list thira3006. Thanks for joining.

I think about 4 weeks is an OK time to keep the book.

12,9 cm x 19,7 cm. 1,5 cm thick.

wingthira3006wing 2 yrs ago
Thanks!
:-)

I'd love to join too! UK/Europe postage as well if possible. Thanks for offering :-)

...if someone is ready to post to China. I can post internationally.

Teapot and BaiLong, you're now added to the list!

I'm willing to send outside Europe, so I added BaiLong first.

CathrineB 2 yrs ago
Travelling
The book will be dropped in the mailbox in a few minutes, and will travel to BaiLong in China.

The bookring is still open for joining!

You're in CanticleLost. Thanks for joining!

BaiLong 2 yrs ago
Got it!
I got the book today. Thanks!
I'll try to read it and send it back on its journey as soon as possible, but with Chinese New Year arriving, I'm not quite sure I can manage to send it within 4 weeks. I'll do my best! If not, I should be able to send it mid-February at the latest.

Thanks for letting us know! I'm glad to hear that it arrived:)

Just a quick word to say that I finished it and got the address for the next reader already. I am currently travelling, I will send it as soon as I'm back home (in a few days).

Thanks for letting us know:)

It's still possible to join :)

US postage preferred, but willing to do international if needed.

Thanks for joining BookLovinMama. I've added you to the list!

Would prefer to ship within EU but willing to ship internationally if needed

Sure you can join Ftarazu. I've added you to the list!

... but the book will finally be travelling again tomorrow!

It's still possible to join this bookring:)

Received the book today. Traveling early next week, so I'll start it after I get back home.

Thanks for the update! If you have time to do so before your travel, I would appreciate a JE as well:)

Have a nice trip!

CathrineB ~ I just realized I didn't log the book. I'm doing that next! I'm so sorry.

I just sent a note to CanticleLost to obtain a mailing address. Assuming I receive it this week, the book will be placed in the mail next Saturday.

Again, so sorry!

Hi - would love to join this Bookring. I am in U.K. and happy to ship anywhere. Please check my profile - I might look inactive but spent many happy years as a Bookcrosser and now my circumstances have changed, I am ready to join in all the fun once again! Thanks for reading this post.

I would prefer UK, posting but could do EU if nec.

Thanks

Added you to the list. Thanks for joining!

Messaging the next in line for a mailing address.

Messaging the next in line for a mailing address.

Brunton11 has asked me to be skipped, so please PM teapot in UK.

Reaching out to teapot next. My plan is to have the book in the mail by May 16th. We've been impacted by the flooding in the St. Louis, Missouri area this past week.

Reaching out to teapot next. My plan is to have the book in the mail by May 16th.

Have you got a response from teapot yet - and sent the book?

Book is being mailed Saturday.

Book is being mailed Saturday.

Good:)

If this is still open I would love to read this? I am in the UK, prefer UK post but will send to Europe if necessary, thanks :)

If this is still open I would love to read this?

Yes, it's still open for joining. I've added you to the list.

to teapot. Sorry for the delay!

to teapot. Sorry for the delay!

Thanks for letting us know:)

In Europe?

...and if possible, can I be just before or just after EarthCaroleAnne as we regularly meetup and it will save on one lot of postage. I also know and meet Teapot too.

Thanks for joining Cassandra2020! Added you after earthcarolanne.

Preferably for Europeans at the moment.

Just PM'ed Clariby11xxx to check on the progress on this book.

Clairby11xxx 1 yr ago
Sorry!
I am so sorry I have had this book for a while, life has been very hectic for me lately and I am aware I am behind on several books at the moment. I got your PM CathrineB and I have bumped the book to the top of my TBR and started on it today, as it's under 200 pages it should only take me a week and then I will send it on.

Again I am so sorry I have been a terrible bookcrosser lately but I promise to get this moving again ASAP!

Thanks for letting us know that the book is to be read! I got a bit worried when I didn't hear back from the book in a long time:)

Hi,

I know that some of you read books from the 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die List. Therefore I want to offer the book "Hunger" by Knut Hamsun as a bookring. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13549159/

12,9 cm x 19,7 cm and 1,5 cm thick.
189 pages.

Please pass it on within 4 weeks. If you for some reason need more time, please let us know here.

Who's interested?
And include your shipping preferences, if any, please!

*Cassandra2020 (UK)
*Clairby11xxx (UK) - UK shipping, Europe if needed <--- The book is here.
*DianeO (UK) - international shipping
*thira3006 (Germany) - Europe/UK if possible
*kisses_cuddles - UK if possible

*Cassandra2020 (UK)
*Clairby11xxx (UK) - UK shipping, Europe if needed <--- The book is here.
*DianeO (UK) - international shipping
*thira3006 (Germany) - Europe/UK if possible
*kisses_cuddles - UK if possible

Thanks for joining kisses_cuddles! I see that you've added youself to the end of the list. I assume this means that you're OK with shipping inside Europe if needed (even though you prefer UK shipping?

Clairby11xxx 1 yr ago
Update
I've sent DianeO a second PM this morning requesting their address, however looking at their profile they don't appear to have been active for some months, I will let you know if I don't hear anything back by this time next week :)

I've sent DianeO a second PM this morning requesting their address, however looking at their profile they don't appear to have been active for some months, I will let you know if I don't hear anything back by this time next week :)

If you haven't heard from DianeO within a week, please PM kisses_cuddles for their address.

Still no reply from DianeO so I will PM kisses_cuddles

Anyone else that wants to join?

We were moving house at the point I was on the list last year. UK and happy to post wherever needed.

We were moving house at the point I was on the list last year. UK and happy to post wherever needed.

I'm glad to hear that you'd like to give this book a try now that you're not moving house!

Added you next in line for the book, as it's currently in UK. OK?

Fab thank you!

Still open if anyone would like to join.

Please include me! I would prefer UK postage if possible but can do EU.

Please include me! I would prefer UK postage if possible but can do EU.

Thanks for joining sarahmangan!

... and just noticed it will be travelling to Portugal in a few readers time. May I join?
I'd prefer EU postage afterwards, though!
Thanks for sharing :)

... and just noticed it will be travelling to Portugal in a few readers time. May I join?
I'd prefer EU postage afterwards, though!
Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks for joining conto!
I guess the postage is the same to all European countries, regardless of membership in the European Union (EU). Or is is cheaper to mail to the EU member states?

I guess the postage is the same to all European countries, regardless of membership in the European Union (EU)

Yes, you are right, I'm sorry. I just wrote EU because it's quicker than Europe, but it is all the same regarding postage.

CathrineB 10 mos ago
Bump
Someone else that would like to be read this book?

JosefinJ 9 mos ago
RE: Bump
I would like to read it! International for me :)

I would like to read it! International for me :)

Thanks for joining! :)

I am in Canada and prefer US shipping. But I can ship international if needed.

I am in Canada and prefer US shipping. But I can ship international if needed.

Thanks for joining!

JosefinJ 9 mos ago
Bump!

LaRue 9 mos ago
Interested too
I am in the US and prefer to ship US but will ship internationally if required!

I am in the US and prefer to ship US but will ship internationally if required!

Thanks for joining! You're added to the list.

JosefinJ 8 mos ago
Bump!
How's the book travelling going? Is it still in the UK or has it moved on to Portugal maybe?

How's the book travelling going? Is it still in the UK or has it moved on to Portugal maybe?

I've PM'd sarahmangan today. Let's hope we'll hear back from the book soon.

I've PM'd sarahmangan today. Let's hope we'll hear back from the book soon.

Any update? :)

Conto journalled the book on Monday so it’s on the move again :)

Oh great! :)

JosefinJ 6 mos ago
Bump!

I sent it on to Ftarazu early in October and from then on there was no news at all. It should have arrived there a long time ago since we live in the same country...
I already PMed her 3 times but there was no answer. I ask you all to be a bit more patient and, if there's no news for some more time, I'll give it for granted that the book is lost and I'll then buy another copy to replace this one and put the Bookring on the move once more.
Thanks for understanding.

buy another copy to replace this one and put the Bookring on the move once more.

Well, sometimes a book get lost in the mail, or the receiver can't fullfill their obligations for some reason. That's part of life, and bookcrossing, and it's beyond our controll. So in my opinion, there's NO need to replace a book that disappears like that.

Edited to add: sarahmangan did have trouble getting in touch with Ftarazu, which is why the book which is why the book was sent to you, conto. So I think that Ftarazu has been more or less "out of the game" quite long already.

Well, sometimes a book get lost in the mail, or the receiver can't fullfill their obligations for some reason. That's part of life, and bookcrossing, and it's beyond our controll. So in my opinion, there's NO need to replace a book that disappears like that.

Thank you CathrineB. Of course I know this is something that can always happen when you send a book travelling, but still I don't feel quite confortable with that, especially when it's a bookring and the owner expects it back; also there's still some people in line for it as well. I'll try to find a second hand copy or something not so expensive, but I'll still wait a bit more.
Edited to add: sarahmangan did have trouble getting in touch with Ftarazu, which is why the book which is why the book was sent to you, conto. So I think that Ftarazu has been more or less "out of the game" quite long already.

I noticed she was skipped but decided to try it, just in case she didn't want to miss the chance before the book moved on and she did answer swiftly. She's been a reliable BCer so far, so I didn't think much of it... so sorry.

Of course I know this is something that can always happen when you send a book travelling, but still I don't feel quite confortable with that, especially when it's a bookring and the owner expects it back

The only reason I wanted the book back was because I thought it could be nice to have that book available for a future RABCK, sweepstake or simalar at a later stage. Just because it's a 1001 listed book, and by an author from my country... I have no plans of reading it, nor will it end up in my permanent collection. So if the book doesn't come home, it isn't really a loss for me. And now I do have a huge pile of AVL books anyway...

So, she'll read it and get it going on it's journey.
Thanks for bearing with me, guys!

I'm glad to see an update on the book:)

JosefinJ 3 mos ago
Bump!

I've got an answer from Ftarazu. They're almost finished reading the book now.

Yes, got a mail about my address some days ago :-)

I've been away from bookcrossing for a while and I have been missing it. This would a great book to return! If possible, I would prefer Europe postage. Thanks!

I've been away from bookcrossing for a while and I have been missing it. This would a great book to return! If possible, I would prefer Europe postage. Thanks!

I'll added you to the end of the list then, as the book is about to be sent to Sweden now, before heading to USA. And the other members have waited a long time for this book now.

Thank you very much for adding me to the list!

....unless a postal worker checks out Bookcrossing.com and forward the book. The book has fallen out out of the envelope between Portugal and Sweden.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.