[Ring offer] Kate Mosse: Citadel (or possibly Labyrinth, Sepulchre and Citadel)

Forum » Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
I would like to send this book out as a ring. It is the third book in Kate Mosse's Languedoc series - the other two being Labyrinth and Sepulchre. It can be read without having read the other two though - they are closed strories that just happen to take place in the same region.

I also own the first two books - so if anyone would like to read all three that would also be possible.

This is the blurb for Citadel:

France, 1942. While war blazes at the front lines of Europe, in the walled southern city of Carcassonne, nestled deep in the Pyrenees, a group of courageous women is engaged in an equally lethal battle. Like their ancestors who fought northern invaders seven hundred years before, these members of the French Resistance—code-named Citadel—fight to liberate their home from the Nazis.

Led by a daring eighteen-year-old, Sandrine Vidal, and her elder sister, Marianne, the women of Citadel work quickly to sabotage their German occupiers, safeguard their neighbors and smuggle refugees over the mountains into neutral territory. But that is only part of their mission. Their struggle will reveal an older, darker combat being fought in the shadows, one meant to protect an ancient secret that, if it fell into the wrong hands, could change the course of history.

Combining rugged action with the haunting mystery of an ancient city, Citadel is a story of daring and courage, love and passion, as the women of Citadel dare the impossible to save their home-land . . . and the astonishing secrets buried in time are at long last revealed.

Please sign up here if you're interested and let me know your shipping preferences. Thank you!

collecting names here (order might change):

Labyrinth:
Olivia_Lo (Taiwan; Int'l shipping)
dutch-book (NL; Int'l ok; prefers shipping in NL)

Sepulchre:
earthcaroleanne (UK; UK shipping)

Citadel:
earthcaroleanne (UK; UK shipping)
megami-no-ushi (Canada; Int'l shipping)

but I would like to read the other two if you do a bookring for the second one. I do prefer to read them in order though (just to be awkward). If possible I would appreciate UK posting.

If can, I would like to read all three of them.
I'm in Taiwan and can post internationally.

LilyKlip 3 yrs ago
Sure.
I'm totally up for sending all three out if there's enough interest. And it's no problem if anyone just signs up for one or two of the books either.

As I said they aren't actually connected, totally different stories and characters and can be read in any order. I would, however, try and get them to people in the "correct" order. ;-)

Adding the blurbs for

Labyrinth:

July 1209: in Carcassonne a 17-year-old girl is given a mysterious book by her father which he claims contains the secret of the true Grail. Although Alais cannot understand the strange words and symbols hidden within, she knows that her destiny lies in keeping the secret of the labyrinth safe ...July 2005: Alice Tanner discovers two skeletons in a forgotten cave in the French Pyrenees. Puzzled by the labyrinth symbol carved into the rock, she realises she's disturbed something that was meant to remain hidden. Somehow, a link to a horrific past - her past - has been revealed.

and Sepulchre:

1891. Seventeen-year-old Leonie Vernier and her brother abandon Paris for the sanctuary of their aunt's isolated country house near Carcassonne, the Domaine de la Cade. But Leonie stumbles across a ruined sepulchre - and a timeless mystery whose traces are written in blood. 2007. Meredith Martin arrives at the Domaine de la Cade to research a biography. But Meredith is also seeking the key to her own complex legacy and becomes immersed in the story of a tragic love, a missing girl, a unique deck of tarot cards and the strange events of one cataclysmic night a century ago...

I've already read her first two - Sepulchre was actually the first bookray I organised, I think!

I'm in Canada and can ship internationally. Thank you!

Added you too. Welcome!

Int'l if needed, but if the opportunity arises, I would love to ship within the Netherlands.

LilyKlip 3 yrs ago
bump

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.