US only wrap-it-up book box

Forum » Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes » Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

I was so excited when the box arrived, especially since there were so many choices. These five are what I unwrapped:

Us by Matthew McKay
Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir
The Feast of All Saints by Anne Rice
On a Pale Horse by Piers Anthony
The Seventeen Second Miracle by Jason Wright

Thank you for sharing! I replaced the books with five of my own, and I'll send the box back to waternixie.

Complete Thread
I would like to do another Wrap-it-Up box late March or early April. This is a book box with each book wrapped in paper and the first line written on the outside. You take as many as you want, putting in an equal number of wrapped books.

I'd be up for this one. I'm in PA... thanks!

OK. I need at least 3 more people to make it a go. I'm sure I will find them.

I'm in!

laurelar 4 yrs ago
Sounds fun!
I'd like to play.

Meekachu07 4 yrs ago
I'm in
I've participated in the past and will join

wingjlautnerwing 4 yrs ago
I"m in
I'd love to join.

I'd like to join this.

OK, great. You're all in. I'll be in touch.

This is always fun. Thanks

Please add me! Thanks!

This box arrived today. Yay! This will be such fun. I will make my selections / replacements over the next day or two and will keep the box moving along within a few days. Thanks, waternixie, for organizing this! :)

I would love to be added if it is not to late ! Thanks

I chose five books to take out of the box and have replaced them with five others (all wrapped up and labelled with the first sentence, of course!).

Here are my selections:

"He wished the phone would stop ringing."
Johnny Got His Gun by Dalton Trumbo
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13214451/

"The great fish moved silently through the night water, propelled by short sweeps of its crescent tail."
Jaws by Peter Benchley
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13225556/

"I used to love this season."
Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11236179/

"They'll call it chance, or luck, or call it Fate--"
Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13225561/

"Most people think about age and experience in terms of years, but it's really only moments that define us."
The Overton Window by Glenn Beck
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11823774/

This was an interesting experience! I love the element of serendipity. Some books were more or less what I was expecting based on the first sentence and others were COMPLETELY different! I am not sure that I will read all of them, but I will take a look and decide and will either add them to Mt. TBR or keep 'em moving along.

I would be happy to share the first sentences of my replacement books, but I don't know if that would dampen the surprise for folks, so I will leave it up to all of you. :)

Thanks for the fun, waternixie!

This box is ready to travel on and I have PMed NancyNova for her address. I thought I had it, but it seems that I don't!

If it's not too late, I'd love to join this book box. I had so much fun with it last time. Thanks!

Will make my selections this week. I'll post when it's in the mail.

If so, add me, If not, not a problem as I have plenty of books to read.

Sorry for a small delay, had a family member go into the hospital last week so not much got done.

Box is on it's way to JennyC1230. USPS tracking # 9549010326635141068186

I took out 3 and put in 4. Thanks for including us, this is always a fun box.

whoever included "the day I ate whatever I wanted" by Elizabeth Berg, please PM the id# the one in the book isn't working. I think a number might be missing.
Thanks

Found the number and journaled the book

Hmmm... that was not one of mine, so I believe that leaves waternixie or NancyNova.

It's here. It's a bit damp since it started pouring rain. I took out two of the wrapped books and took their wrapper off. It looks like one hardback book has a wet corner. I would have picked it so it's one of my choices. The box is soaked, so I have a new box for it.

I'll make my decisions in a few days and get this moving again.

Update: I took out 6 books and put in 6 books.

wingjlautnerwing 3 yrs ago
I got it!
The box came some time in the last week, when I was out of town. I should be able to make my choices in a day or two and send it on its way.

I will look at tonight or tomorrow and will ship sometime this week.

Who is next in line?

Box will be on its way to KS tomorrow

Tracking is 9449009699939046936228

I was so excited when the box arrived, especially since there were so many choices. These five are what I unwrapped:

Us by Matthew McKay
Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir
The Feast of All Saints by Anne Rice
On a Pale Horse by Piers Anthony
The Seventeen Second Miracle by Jason Wright

Thank you for sharing! I replaced the books with five of my own, and I'll send the box back to waternixie.

freezone 3 yrs ago
Can I join?
I thought I had already signed up for this book box, but apparently not. I'm in MA and would like to be part of this....it looks like the box wouldn't come for a while, which would work out well.

I'm sorry, it's already come back. But I do them fairly frequently, and will probably do another one in 5 or 6 months, and you can participate in that one if you like.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.