Int'l Bookring- The Ocean at the End of the Lane *LOST*

Forum » Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
This is my first time I'm arranging a bookring, so try to bear with me... I own Neil Gaiman's The Ocean at the End of the Lane and I want it to travel but then again I want to keep it to myself so I thought that bookring might be a good idea.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12042947/

The book is quite small and really light so it's easy to send. I'm making this an international bookring, so if you're interested then just inform me your shipping preferences and so on and I try to make a sensible sending list.

Gosh, I'm really nervous for some reason. If there's something important I forgot please tell me?

Participating:
-lauraloo29 (Canada)
-Vapermom (Canada)
-joan13 (USA)
-Billbooks (Australia)
-book-a-neer (Australia)
-Ellastix (Australia) ---The book is here (February 28)
-bellemcwhat (Australia)
-spy-there (Switzerland)
-anathema-device (Austria)
-klaradyn (Czech Republic)
-Moriquen (Belgium)
-chris_toffel (Belgium)
-bumbelbee (Netherlands)
-fleurdelys (UK)
-Vekiki (UK)
-rahar109 (UK)
-carmendoran (UK)
-RonOren (UK)
-greenbadger (UK)
-vedranaster (Croatia)
-penelopewanders (Switzerland)
-Janeka (Portugal)
-Lamilla (Belarus)
-Gealach (Sweden)
-Kemppu (Finland)
-erpax (Finland)
-Piparjuuri (Finland)
-lunatum (Finland)

-Back to slipperbunny (Finland)

Thanks for pointing this out to me, slipperbunny! :))
If possible, I'd like to ship inside Europe, though.

Thank you for organizing that ring, Slipperbunny (pink slippers?)
I' like to participate but I prefer to send only to Germany or Switzerland.

Thank you for organizing that ring, Slipperbunny (pink slippers?)
I' like to participate but I prefer to send only to Germany or Switzerland.

Is EU ok, if there isn't anyone participating from Germany or Switzerland?

And yeah, when I was about fifteen I tried to think a perfect nickname for me and I tried to find some inspiration from my room. And I saw my (pink) bunny slippers. =D And now I'm probably going to be forever slipperbunny.

I would like to join this ring. I prefer to send within the EU, if possible.

Please include me. I'm in Canada and can ship anywhere.

Thank you.

I'd like to join, thanks for sending me a pm!
I'm here in Finland, like you already know and I can send the book anywhere (although I prefer to send within Europe).

I'm waiting if there is more people who want a chance to read The Ocean, but I'm planning to send this book next week's Friday. Of course people can participate while it's travelling too. If there's some feedback on the sending order please tell me and I do my best to make it better. =) Right now I'm thinking US/Canada->EU and Finland would be the last country.

Please add me to your list. I'm in the UK and happy to post anywhere.

can't resist a Neil Gaiman. :p
I'm in the Netherlands and can ship anywhere.
Thanks for organizing the bookring! (And I think you are doing fine ^_^)

Piparjuuri 5 yrs ago
Me too!
I would very much like to read this book :) From Finland and can send anywhere..

And if you get anyone who wants to ship within the US only - I may be doing a US bookring for a copy of this book soon.

If still possible offcourse :) I'm in the Netherlands and can ship anywhere!

If still possible offcourse :) I'm in the Netherlands and can ship anywhere!

Of course. =) I added you to the list and I'm sending the book to the first one on the list this weeks Friday. I hope the order is fine to everyone, if not then please let me know. =)

I'd love to join in if I can (heard him reading from it at EdBookFest last month!!!). I'm in Scotland and would prefer UK shipping, but can do Europe if required.

I'd love to join in if I can (heard him reading from it at EdBookFest last month!!!). I'm in Scotland and would prefer UK shipping, but can do Europe if required.

I'm so jealous... Maybe someday I get to see him too. *sighs*

But anyways, it's not too late at all and you're on the list. =)

I'll send the book on Friday to lauraloo, but people can still join!

I'll put a list with all the participants with the book and I'll put a link to this forum in the book's journal when I release it. I hope that everyone would read the book within a month, but if there is some delays then please tell about it.

Gealach 5 yrs ago
Me too!
If it's not too late :-)

I live in Sweden, can ship anywhere.

If it's not too late :-)

I live in Sweden, can ship anywhere.

Not too late. =) Anyone else? The book will travel tomorrow to Canada!

For everyone I'll but the BCID sticker to the back because the first pages are too pretty. =)

I'm currently in the Czech Republic and would prefer EU shipping. Haven't taken part in a bookring in over a year, but I used to do quite a lot of them.

I'm currently in the Czech Republic and would prefer EU shipping. Haven't taken part in a bookring in over a year, but I used to do quite a lot of them.

I added you to the list. =)

Thanks! :)

I'm in Croatia, I prefer EU-ish shipping, but will ship international.

I would prefer to be towards the end of the list, though, if possible, as I'm a bit swamped with work right now. Thanks! :D

I'm in Croatia, I prefer EU-ish shipping, but will ship international.

I would prefer to be towards the end of the list, though, if possible, as I'm a bit swamped with work right now. Thanks! :D

Ok, I added you to the list. =)

Ok, I added you to the list. =)

Thanks! :)

wingBillbookswing 5 yrs ago
Downunder?
Noticed that book hasn't got an Australian connection yet so I'll put my hand up. Can post anywhere world wide

Vapermom 5 yrs ago
Can I join?
In Canada, will post internationally or domestic

slipperbunny 5 yrs ago
Ok
I added you both to the list. =)

Hi slipperbunny,
I'd love to read this one - read an interview with Mr Gaiman just a few weeks ago and am intrigued by the man. I prefer to ship within Europe. Rgds - Chris

Hi slipperbunny,
I'd love to read this one - read an interview with Mr Gaiman just a few weeks ago and am intrigued by the man. I prefer to ship within Europe. Rgds - Chris

You're on the list. =)

I'm in Switzerland and would only like to ship within Europe or Switzerland... I had thought I wouldn't sign up for any more rings or rays for a while... but as this list is quite long, I think by the time this comes to me I'll have caught up with my reading. I've only read one Gaiman so far and suspect he's worth getting to know better. Thanks for organizing this - good luck with your first ring!

I added you to the list. =) Whoa, this list is getting longer and longer... And the book has arrived to Canada! Awesome.

Would love to be a part of this if you have room for me. Happy to post internationally or otherwise.

Would love to be a part of this if you have room for me. Happy to post internationally or otherwise.

The more the merrier. =) I just noticed that I had misspelled Australia, I really should learn to read what I have written. =D

Anyone else care to join?

Any room for another Australian? Would love to read this one too. Would prefer to ship within Australia or NZ.

Any room for another Australian? Would love to read this one too. Would prefer to ship within Australia or NZ.

I added you to the list. =)

I was starting to get a bit worried, but the Ocean has arrived safely to the next reader. =)

lunatum 5 yrs ago
Me too!
Also I would like to read this one.

carmendoran 5 yrs ago
Me too!
Count me in. I'm in Scotland and prefer UK postage where possible - happy to go later in the ring if needed for postage?

I'd like to join if it's not too late. In UK and will post anywhere.

Book has safely arrived in Australia.

If not too late I would like to join. Shipping in the US only please.

bellemcwhat 5 yrs ago
I'd love to join as well, if possible. Happy to ship anywhere.

I'd love to read this!

I'm in Portugal and prefer to ship within Europe. thanks!

Sorry it took a while.. I sent pm to spoiledrotten.

Thanks

Finished the book! Don't usually like scary stories like these because I tend to scare myself but I really liked this. Thank you very much for letting me read this.

Will pm Ellastix for address.

Now on its way to Ellastix. Happy reading

wingCassandra2020wing 5 yrs ago
Sorry
Have obtained a copy elsewhere, hope you can remove me without creating chaos.

thanks

C

Have obtained a copy elsewhere, hope you can remove me without creating chaos.

thanks

C

Removed, thanks for letting us know. =)

Ellastix 5 yrs ago
Moving on!
Received the book last week, devoured it in one sitting, and have just sent it on to bellemcwhat. Thanks for a great read!

I'd like to join! I'm in Belarus and could mail internationaly

ETA: I received the book in another bookring

I'd like to join! I'm in Belarus and could mail internationaly

I added you to the list (sorry it took me forever...).

Another one that's been on its way to bellemcwhat for over a month. Should this have arrived by now?

I sent her a PM over a week ago to see if she'd received it, but haven't heard anything back yet. Australia Post can be a bit slow sometimes, but I would say that it should definitely have arrived by now.

:( Let's hope they're just on holiday or something but the lack of recent activity on the account makes me a bit worried. If they don't respond to further PMs I'd say it would be worth starting an ISO since there's also the 'H' bookring that's in the same position.

slipperbunny 4 yrs ago
Yep...
I tried to contact bellemcwhat also and I've heard nothing... I'm kinda worried. =(

I've put up a ISO, I have the same problem.
I pmed her on facebook, put a reaction on her website and boekentrol was so friendly to send her a tweet on twitter... likely to say, she didn't reply to any of these messages!

If the book is stalled, I have a book ring for the same book:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/506804/

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.