Here are the most important points:
- We're beginning on September 23, so you still have time to get some reading done.
- Although I'm going to limit to 1001-Library members for the time being, the books in the VBB do not need to be registered to the Library. I'm starting off with 12-14 books and they'll be about 50-50. They do need to be registered with Bookcrossing, of course. *Edit: Vasha will now be donating books for the starting pool, so all starting books will now be 1001-Library. Yours still don't need to be, though!*
- Any book you include must appear in any of the three editions of the 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die. If you're not sure what's on the list(s), please check out the spreadsheets linked on the 1001-Library's profile. If you like reading general literary fiction, odds are good that you already own a big chunk of the list without even realizing it!
- Open to 1001-Library members in the US and Canada
- Most importantly, if you're not yet a member of the 1001-Library but are interested in joining, please check out their profile here: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/1001-library/
HOW IT WORKS (stolen from the mystery VBB hosted by bookstogive with very few modifications, hope that's okay!) --
If you would like to join, just post here and where you are and you will be added to the list. This is an US/Canada Bookbox so you need to be prepared to ship to either.
When it is your turn I will PM the list of available books to you. You will have 7 days to make your selections from the list. You then post on this forum thread which books you are taking and which ones you are adding to the "box". Also PM me with the info as well, and in my PM please include links for the books you are adding. You may take as many books as you like and replace with the same number. You may include more books if you like. Please do not add a book that is already on the list. If I don't hear from you after four days, I'll send the list out again just as a reminder and to make sure it was received.
You then pm the person holding the books you have selected and they send those books to you. Please send your requested books out in a timely manner (within three weeks), but if you are having a problem getting it out on time just let me and the person who has selected your book know.
The list then gets updated with the changes and moves to the next person who takes their turn.
If this goes well I'll do another round. EDIT: We'll see how long it takes us to get through Round 1, and at the end we can see how many will be interested in a Round 2, and how soon we want it to begin. If you would like to stay on for Round 2 and have a book left in the VBB at the end, we can put it in the starting pool for Round 2.
So! Is anyone interested? Please post here or PM me if you'd like to join, or if you have any questions or comments. This will be my first time running a VBB so do let me know if I'm missing anything major!
copchic905 (USA) skipped, no response
Round 1 Complete!