There are different definitions for South Asian countries, let’s take the SAARC countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Afghanistan (its latest member).
Only books in English, please. (Translations from other languages are okay of course.)
Do you have any good book that you’d recommend to others and that you’d like to travel with the VBB? And then send off to some other BookCrosser? In exchange for another South Asian book you pick from the list….??? (Please keep in mind that you might have to ship international, cheapest rate is fine though.)
This is how it works:
- I start this round with a list of 14 books.
- You will receive the list by PM from me – as PMs sometimes don’t arrive please confirm when you got it.
- Make your selection(s) and request them from the owner(s), include your name & address.
- Replace the chosen books with the same number of your own (they must be registered on your bookshelf).
- PM me the titles and authors of the books you are taking out & putting in the box within a week .
- The owner(s) of the chosen books send them off to you.
- I will PM you again if I haven’t heard from you after 2 or 3 days, if there is no response after a week I will PM the list to the next person.
- There should always be 14 books listed.
- When somebody asks you for a book that you have put on the list, please send it off ASAP, this might be international (but sending it by surface mail is perfectly alright). Please make proper release notes.
- Please don’t add another copy of a book that’s already on the list.
- I update the list and PM it to the next person.
- At the end the remaining books will go to me, as I had started the VBB by “donating” the books (at least theoretically, but probably there will be a raffle…).
Adding your TBR books is no problem. When you tell me which books you put on the list please add "TBR" for books that won't be sent off right after they are requested but only after you read them (which shouldn't take more than a few weeks).
Sorry, this is only for active BCers, and if you are rather new to BookCrossing you must have registered and released books and been active for a while.
Limited number of participants.
Participants of round 1:
okyrhoe, mathgirl40, sing-on-a-star, jumpingin, Annimanni, Shroffland, Tsjara, KiwiinEngland, blueblack, Dancesports, soffitta1
Round 2, starting in March: Vilda, Bloedengel, flewry, LittleDachshund, DubaiReader, Into-the-Blue, okyrhoe, Shroffland, jumpingin, Annimanni, Tsjara, sing-on-a-star, KiwiinEngland, mathgirl40, Dancesports, soffitta1 (Blueblack: skipped, unavailable till May)