LOST - INTL Bookbox - Chicklit/ Romance / Historical Romance CLOSED AND TRAVELING

Forum » Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Update: Bookbox got lost, see below.

I've wanted to do a bookbox for over a year now. But it took me some time to save up money (I'm a student so I don't have that much money) for the right books and to ship it.
Max 10 participants. It's internatonal but i'll honor your shipping preferences. Books in the bookbox:

- Rebel Heiress by Fiona Mountain
- The Queen's fool by Philippa Gregory
- Girl Friday by Jane Green
- Twenties girl by Sophie Kinsella
- Take a chance on me by Jill Mansell
- Gilmore Girls by Cathy East Dubowski
- The Lucky one by Nicholas Sparks
- Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
- Thanks for the memories by Cecilia Ahern
- The Italian Matchmaker by Santa Montefiore

Rules:
1. The box will start with ten books in it. There should always be ten books minimum in the box. You put as much books in as you take out, but feel free to add more.
2. Do not keep the bookbox for over two weeks, I want to see it move.
3. All the books should fit into the theme of chicklit / (hist) romance. No harlequin or that kind of books! And only English books ofcourse.
5. If you want to sign up for the bookbox you can PM me or let me know below. You do have to send me your e-mail address by PM. Incase the bookbox get stalled I could contact you, also if you can't reach the next person on the list by PM for their address I could contact them through e-mail. I've waited a long time to do this bookbox and I don't want it to get lost!
6. Journal the books you take out. Make sure to update this forum when you get the box, what you are taking out and putting in, and when you send it out.

start signing up!

1. Lydiabooks (eu)
2. Bloedengel (intl)
3. Kiyoteefoxx (us/can)
4. minerva101 (us/can)
5. aunt-sophie (us/can)
6. JennyC1230 (us)
7. bookstogive (us)
8. KarmelK (us)
9. Izzy5000 (intl)
10. Penelopewanders (eu)
11. Kalise (eu)
12. Solskinn (eu)

Back to me!

wolkenklang 9 yrs ago

I can't participate right at the moment but will be able to in a few months time. I'm in Austria and would ship to anywhere in Europe.

I have no problem with putting you on the end of the list, before it goes back to me. Although I would need more people to even have a list ;).

marijketje 9 yrs ago
no one?
no one wants to read any of these books?

But I'm in the US, if you open it internationally please add me :)

I'm in the UK and could ship within EU fine.

bloedengel 9 yrs ago
hej, ..
Kan je gokken wat dat ding gaat wegen ? (mag heel ruwweg zijn).
B-post is relatief onbetaalbaar ... dan kan ik de postprijs eens checken.

marijketje 9 yrs ago
Weight
I think it would be somewhere between 2,5 - 3 kg. They're all paperbacks.

Izzy5000 9 yrs ago
I'll join
Sounds good!

I prefer US shipping. I'm in Colorado and my address is on my extended profile.

That means I can even afford to be the one to send it out overseas to the US if you'd choose to go international (up to you of course).

Sign me up.

I have a few books that would be a good fit for this box. I would prefer Canada or US shipping if possible. Thank you :)

That's great that you could send it overseas!

I'm going to email you my details in a few secs.

bloedengel 9 yrs ago
great
When are we starting ?

;-) will be on the lookout for some additions ! (as i found out it 'll cost me as much to ship 2 kg as 5 , i might as well make it worth 5 kilos :-) ) lol

marijketje 9 yrs ago
RE: great
The more books the better of course! I would like to send it out as soon as possible, but I first would need a volenteer to send it from the US to EU. So that I'm sure it will make it back before I send it out.

I can only ship in the US, but would love to join this bookbox. Thanks!

I'd probably be interested, but I could only ship within Europe, and I'd rather be towards the end.. .my hesitation is that I've only read one of the ten books in there now, but I worry a very heavy box would arrive with loads I've already read... or am I being foolish?

Well, there is no way of telling which books will be in the bookbox by the end of the line. I could put you as 2nd on the list, than you could kind of tell which books will be in it if you like of do you still want to be near the end?

kalise 9 yrs ago
Interested!
But could I be on place 9 (the one sending Solskinn the bookbox?) That would be fabulous, since I am in Austria as well .... :-D

marijketje 9 yrs ago
please?
There must be someone willing to send it back to europe, right?

Izzy5000 9 yrs ago
Why Not?
I can send to Europe, the only reason I prefer not to is because my post office on campus only sends domestic. The other post office is a five mile bike ride from my house. I can do it!

Hurray for Izzy5000!

That would be great! Thank you so much Izzy5000!

That means I could send the bookbox out tomorrow or wednesday.

For the people who haven't PMed their email address to me yet, please do! I'll only use it in case i need info about the bookbox and PM's don't work. I just don't want it to get lost.

I can send to Europe, the only reason I prefer not to is because my post office on campus only sends domestic. The other post office is a five mile bike ride from my house. I can do it!

Who said reading isn't an active sport ? ;-)

Hooray for Izzy :-)

I don't know if Marijketje will like the box being unboxed 'n enveloped ?

Anyways as I'm next up, I can tell that I'd be re-boxing it. I'd have to pay per weight, regardless the 'wrapping', so I'd feel more secure putting them in a box.

marijketje 9 yrs ago
bookbox
I'll send the bookbox out tomorrow. I've found a box that fits the 10 books easily and it could probably hold up to 20 books max. I'll put in some newspapers so the books won't shift too much through the box.

Hi, I received it a few days ago. Gosh, it's heavy to post, huh? I shudder to think how much it'll cost me to send it on... Anyway, great books in here. Read some already. Do you want it to stay in the box? Because it might be cheaper for me to post it if I take the books out and put them in two large envelopes?

marijketje 8 yrs ago
box
Good that it finally arrived (I posted it more than two weeks ago and the website of the postoffice said it would take 2-4 weekdays to arrive.....yeah right...).
Anyway, I don't think that 10 books would fit in to two envelopes. I would be more comfortable if it would stay in the box, because boxes mostly get tracking numbers when send out (that's why I knew it arrived at your place at the 25th ;)) Envelopes can not be tracked and I guess there is more chance of losing some of the books in the mail if you'd send it out in multiple envelopes...

Great books in here :) OK, I'll just pray that it doesn't cost a fortune then. I've been enjoying them. I'll send it out around the 8th then. Will message the next person for their details.

No the box doesn't have a BCID (I think bookcrossing didn't like it when people did that), but you have to register the books you take out. So that kind of keeps track of the box....

Hiya
Sorry it took longer than I wanted it to, I'm skint so had to put it off for a few days.
I should be posting this off to the next person tomorrow/ later today.
I've taken out:
- Rebel Heiress by Fiona Mountain
- The Lucky one by Nicholas Sparks
- The Italian Matchmaker by Santa Montefiore

and left in:
- The Queen's fool by Philippa Gregory
- Thanks for the memories by Cecilia Ahern

I read, and then put back in:
- Girl Friday by Jane Green
- Twenties girl by Sophie Kinsella
- Take a chance on me by Jill Mansell
- Gilmore Girls by Cathy East Dubowski
- Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

I'm adding:
- The Bad Mother's Handbook by Kate Long
- Late Night Shopping by Carmen Reid
- Other People's Marriages by Shane Watson
- Her by Laura Zigman
- L.A. Woman by Cathy Yardley

Oh, also, the original box got rather worn out and so I've replaced it with another one.

thank you for updating us and for replacing the box!

because friday something was delivered that didn't fit my mailbox. I can't get to the office before saturday, so I'll try to convince my mother to pick it up for me earlier ...

I still don't mind sending it overseas , but I checked and it 'll cost me about 42 dollars, which is fine by me.
That's to the US. With Canada however, we don't have a post treaty, so that would be 82 dollars. As I see that shipping preferences are for most people us/Can inclusive, I think sending between Canada and the us is probably much cheaper ?
So I'd like to check if it 's possible to change the order slightly so I can ship to someone in the US ?

I still don't mind sending it overseas , but I checked and it 'll cost me about 42 dollars, which is fine by me.
That's to the US. With Canada however, we don't have a post treaty, so that would be 82 dollars. As I see that shipping preferences are for most people us/Can inclusive, I think sending between Canada and the us is probably much cheaper ?
So I'd like to check if it 's possible to change the order slightly so I can ship to someone in the US ?

kiyoteefoxx is willing to ship to Can. So you can send the box to the US.

bloedengel 8 yrs ago
update
Ok, so it's with me.

I decided to take out the following books :

La Woman
The bad mother's handbook
Thanks for the memories
Her (have to journal that one tomorrow, got the BCID wrong in my notebook :))
The queens fool
an other peoples marriages

I will put in
let it snow
windfall
the scandalous mis howard
eve's daughter
an outrageous affair
paradise
now face to face
temptations
it happened one night

which means I have to find us another box because this one can't hold all the books anymore :)
I will change it and send it out this weekend !

and I've received the US-adress so it's leaving saturdaymorning. I figure it takes a week to reach America.

The postal office sais it should take 4 to 10 working days.

yay its here!

The box is a little worse for wear, looks like they opened it for customs and didnt care that much when they resealed it. I'll most likely find a better box, one that can survive a customs inspection ;)
I'll send it out as soon as I get the address from the next in line.

Thank you kiyoteefox - I have PM`d you my address :)

I picked it up from the post office late yesterday - soooo exciting!
I will be hanging on to this box for at least a week to go through it and pick my additions - unbelievably I have been slammed with receiving two bookboxes and a ray all on the same week on top of running my own VBB - crazy man, crazy...
I am pm-ing the next participant for her address

marijketje 8 yrs ago
good!
I'm glad it arrived safely in Canada!

and added new ones :)
I chose:
Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle
The Scandalous Miss Howard by Nan Ryan
Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella
I have added:
Girl Meet Ape by Chris Manby ( this book surprised me - it is quite good)
Girl With a Pearl Earring (historical with subtle romance - gorgeous book!)
The Secret History of the Pink Carnation (genre bending read - a dash of chick-lit with a historical twist - has it all: romance, mystery, and adventure)

I will be posting it off to Aunt-Sophie in Quebec tomorrow (if I can get to the post office - 20cm of snow today - will Spring ever arrive??)

Canada Post tracking number: 0056 4800 0078 6668

:)

...but I won't be able to go the PO to pick up whatever it is until later this week. I will confirm once I have it in my hands, but I am pretty sure it is the bookbox, as I am not expecting any other parcels at the moment.

I've already contacted the next person, and I should make my selections, wrap up the box and send it on its way sometime over the next week, hopefully!

I took:
Girl Friday
The Secret History of the Pink Carnation
I went to Vassar for this?
She’s Come Undone
Take a Chance on Me

I added:
The King’s Daughter
The Secret Life of Josephine
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason
Scrooge Wore Spurs
Head Over Heels
Open House
Forever…
Midnight Sun

Great! Thank you for sending it on so quickly!
The books you've added sound good. Specially the king's daughter and The secret life of josephine (Which is on my wishlist).

The secret life of josephine (Which is on my wishlist).

Hopefully someone will leave it for you, then! :-)

There are a lot of wonderful choices, I will make my selection and get this moving to the next person soon. Thanks for hosting this!

So I sent JennyC my address hoping it would get to me before I leave for NZ, but it didn't. I don't return until late June so i guess the box is on a little hiatus. I'm sorry, but I'll get to it as soon as I get back!

The bookbox is still here and Izzy5000 won't be home until the end of June, so I plan to hold it until the last week of June and then mail it to her.

Marijketje, if there is someone else in the US that you would like to send it to, just let me know. I am not able to send such a large box international. Just tell me what you want me to do. Thanks!

Marijketje said if I could find someone else in the US who wants to take part in the box I can send it there then they will send to Izzy5000 when she gets back home. I asked bookstogive, because I know that she enjoys historical romance and bookboxes. She wants it, so I am sending the box there then she will send it to Izzy5000.

Delivery Confirmation #03100480000228212816

Thank you JennyC1230 for finding someone else to send it to and thank you bookstogive for participating in the bookbox! I'm glad the bookbox can go on in the mean time.

Lots of great books inside. I have made my choice and I will pm izzy5000 to let her know to pm me when she is ready. Thanks for letting me join in.

thanks for letting me participate

thanks for letting me participate

Double dittos on the thanking for letting me join. I was another last minute add.
I've got Izzy5000's address, but I'll let her know it's coming.

I've made my choices and I'll mail it off very soon.

And thank you for participating. And enjoy the books you've picked!

I took out two and added three. The box is still 12 pounds.
The DC # is 9102969010383097367551
I wish I'd known about heartthumper before I mailed it. We probably had time for one more quick stop. 8-(

I don't know how I missed this. :)

Well, the only way I could still fit you in is if you would go after Izzy500 and are willing you ship international. Otherwise you'll have to wait until I do another bookbox.

I feel like I owe you guys an explanation for why I haven't journaled anything about this box yet. I moved out of my house on Eagle st, then I left the country on May 12 for New Zealand. The box was accidently sent to my old house sometime in May/June. I wasn't due back in town until school starts (this month). I went to go pick up my mail, because I know the girl who moved in, we're friends, I see her like three times a week. I only had one package from the summer (from bookmooch). I asked about the box, and they don't seem to recall one. I'm still trying to get it back. There is the possibility that the post offiice has it. I see that it had a DC number. Did it end up at its destination?
I'm really sorry about this, I thought I would get the box before I left and I didn't, I'm really trying to get it back, I'm seeing the girl who moved in on Thursday and I'll talk about it with he then.

Thank you for the update.
According to the internet it has been delivered on june 27th.

Izzy5000 can't find the bookbox anywhere. I'm so sad, this was my first bookbox and I saved up money for quite some time so I could send it out. I have been looking forward to its return a lot because there were some books in it that I would love to read. I don't see what went wrong.

bloedengel 8 yrs ago
It's sad
I was so looking forward to you receiving the box ... !

that ends at your adress, not mine, lets keep that clear, i'm drowning in books.
Who else wants to join to restore this box ?
I am going to keep it EU only though ... Sorry.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.