First round is here: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/6299541
This is a book box that deals with interculturalism. It’s all about books that are about contacts between different cultures, about culture conflict, cross-culture experiences, migration, inter-cultural communication – we concentrate on fiction, but there might also be a travelogue account or semi- or autobiographical novels.
There are 12 books in the virtual book box. No titles or authors are given, but the countries that the book deals with and the first and the last letter of the book's title (only the main title, in case there is a subtitle).
Here is an example of what the bookbox looked like during the first round:
UK & Ukraine: "T...s" (contraforsa)
Ethiopia & Poland: "T...r" (contraforsa)
India & UK & Germany: "T...s" (ApoloniaX)
Morocco & UK: "H…y" (ApoloniaX)
Hong Kong & China; "T...n" (chucklesthescot)
UK & India: "M...s" (katrinat)
USA & China: "T...e"(loveamystery)
This is how it works:
- The list will be PMed to the first person. (No authors or titles given)
- S/he chooses 1 to 4 books and PMs the owner(s) with his/her address.
- S/he then replaces the chosen books with her/his own – naming the countries, title's first & last letter, and adding his/her screen name, and
- PMs the updated list to the next person, and
- posts here which “country-combination” s/he has chosen.
- The owner(s) of the chosen books send them off to the first person.
- When a book arrives please update here – we’d all like to hear about this, of course – tell us what books you got! And don’t forget to journal them.
Please be quick to make your choices, replace the books and PM the list to the next person – a week or two maximum.
There should always be 12 books listed.
When somebody asks you for a book that you have put on the list, please send it off ASAP, this might be international (but sending it by surface mail is perfectly alright).
After PMing the updated list, please DO NOT DELETE it in case the next participant doesn’t receive it and you have to send it again (confirming would be a good idea).
At the end the remaining 12 books will go to contraforsa and ApoloniaX, as we had started the VBB by “donating” six books each. (There might be another VBB soon, probably about Contemporary Asian Literature, PM ApoloniaX if you're interested.)
Participants round 2: ApoloniaX, contraforsa, Annimanni, soffitta1, chucklesthescot, Shroffland, jumpingin, katrinat, okyrhoe, jnpert
Participants round 3 (CLOSED):
9. KiwiinEngland ..... <<- List is here