My "Books about Things" non-fiction bookbox (US only) - Mailed 9/1 - List Closed

Forum » Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes » Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
This bookbox is on its way to the last person, then will be coming home for a short visit. I have about 8 new books I'm going to be adding to the box, then it will be going out again.

Here's the link to the original post about this box -
http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/20/3640733/, which includes links to books that went out in the original box (and a link to a post about these types of books, for an idea what types are included). These books are typically biographies of things, mostly science and history, readable non-fiction books.

Several folks who were on the first list are going to be included (with preference) on the second go-round. They are -
Elizardbreath
Gomboggit
Sherria
AwakeAgain
Also, Mysteryfan03 and Azuki are the last 2 on the current list. They can let me know if they're interested in a 2nd trip.

So I'm looking for about 6 or so folks to add to the list. This box will probably start its second trip in September. (Just reply here if you're interested.)

Also, I am not sure if that's the correct link. This is the one for the forum post:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/3640733/

Thanks. (I've fixed it now.) I usually religiously check all my links (guess I thought I clicked and I missed). Figures the one time I didn't, it was wrong!

Mysteryfan03 told me she was going to have her boyfriend/hubby go to the PO the day after we last pm'd. Hopefully, that happened. (I don't want to bug her again too soon.)

I'm looking forward to seeing what's in it when it makes it home. If I find anything I can't resist, I'm sure it'll have to jump out of the box. But regardless, I've got more books to add.

I love reading about things -- and all the ways that humans create and interrelate with stuff.

and will be coming home for about a month before it goes out again. (As soon as I can read 2 more books for the box.)

The list so far, is -
ElizardBreath
Gomboggit
Sherria
AwakeAgain
Azuki
Reulte
MsJoanna
Bsliv1219
BlueStocking88

Anyone else?

I'd like to join this box -- sounds like a great theme for a box and I have at least one book on Mt. TBR that would be perfect.

I'm in NY, NY.

Thanks.

It'll probably be here until mid-September, and then will be going out again. I've still got room to add 3 - 5 people to the list. Anyone else for non-fiction?

Thanks to -
CollectorKerri
MrsJones
GrannyAnn
TQ1
Sherria
AwakeAgain
Mysteryfan03
Azuki

Still accepting names for the next trip, if anyone's interested.

I'm still reading 2 books for this box, so I should be able to mail it to the first person about the middle of September. There are currently 8 people on the list, so I can still add 2 - 4 more people if anyone else is interested. I thought I'd post a list (for your enjoyment) of the books that went thru this box on the first trip round. First 14 are titles the box went out with; others are ones that were added (and have been taken, or will be going out with the box on the next trip). Quite a variety.

Where Wizards Stay Up Late: The Origins of the Internet by Katie Hafner and Matthew Lyon
Fatal Attraction: Magnetic Mysteries of the Enlightenment by Patricia Fara
The Devil's Rope: A Cultural History of Barbed Wire by Alan Krell
The Mystery of the Mammoth Bones by James Cross Gilbin
Krakatoa by Simon Winchester
Isaac's Storm by Erik Larson
Fly: The Unsung Hero of Twentieth-Century Science by Martin Brookes
Preserving Memory: The Making of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum by Edward T. Linenthal
The Map That Changed the World by Simon Winchester
The Way Things Really Work by Henry Beard & Ron Barrett
Virtual Reality: The Revolutionary Technology of Computer-Generated Artificial Worlds - and How it Promises to Transform Society by Howard Rheingold
Underground Furnaces: The Story of Geothermal Energy by Irene Kiefer
The Secret House: The Extraordinary Science of an Ordinary Day by David Bodanis

A Dog's History of America by Mark Derr
Girl Sleuth: Nancy Drew and the Women Who Created Her by Melanie Rehak
Buzzed: The Straight Facts about the Most Used & Abused Drugs by Cynthia Kuhn and others
The Romance of Hats by Hearst Books
Heroes of the International Red Cross by Richard Deming
How to Clean Practically Anything by Consumer Reports
Complete Trash: The Best Way to Get Rid of Practically Anything Around the House by Norm Crampton
The Armchair Conductor: How to Lead a Symphony Orchestra in the Privacy of Your Own Home by Dan Carlinsky & Ed Goodgold
The Pawprints of History: Dogs and the Course of Human Events by Stanley Coren
One Good Turn: A Natural History of the Screwdriver and the Screw by Witold Rybczynski
Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach
Guns, Germs, & Steel: The Fates of Human Societies by Jared Diamond
The Golden Ratio: The Story of PHI, the World's Most Astonishing Number by Mario Livio
Cod: Biography of the Fish that Changed the World by Mark Kurlansky
Uncommon Grounds: The History of Coffee and How it Transformed our World by Mark Pendergrast
Zero: Biography of a Dangerous Idea by Charles Seife
Purgatory: Explained by the Lives and the Legends of the Saints by Fr. F.X. Schouppe
The Big Bento Box of Unuseless Japanese Inventions by Kenji Kawakami
101 Ways to Improve Your Life by Caitlin Davies
Good Books to Grow On: A Guide to Building Your Child's Library From Birth to Age Five by Andrea Cascardi
Ruins: The X Files by Kevin Anderson
How to Take a Japanese Bath by Leonard Koren
Five Quarts: A Personal and Natural History of Blood by Bill Hayes
Completely Mad: A History of the Comic Book and Magazine by Maria Reidelbach

This looks fascinating! I am going to need to make a trip to the bookstore--but it looks well worth it.

I've just pm'd everyone on the list with the mailing order and rules. There's a link to this post on my shelf as well.

I'm reading the last book I have to put in the box, so I expect to be mailing the box either this weekend or early next week. Just so you know.

Last call for any late entrants. I could take up to 2 more people for this non-fiction bookbox.

Here's the mailing list - (final mailing list is shown here, as well as on my shelf and on the list in the box)
Elizardbreath - Oregon (on its way)
Gomboggit - Oregon
Sherria - Connecticut
AwakeAgain - New Jersey
Azuki - Florida
Reulte - Texas
MsJoanna - New York
Bsliv1219 - Ohio
BlueStocking88 - Washington
Katiesmama - Florida (just added)
Echesketch - North Carolina (just added)
and back to me MaryZee

PM'd you.

wingmaryzeewing 12 yrs ago
PM'd you

On its way to ElizardBreath - 16 1/2 pounds of books :)

DC #03061070000484402243

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.