[CLOSED] R9: Int Support BookCrossing - Supply Store Sweepstake

Forum » (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Better late than never!
The "regulars" of this Sweepstakes will have noticed that I didn't host it at it's usual time of May/June. The reason for this was that due to COVID-19 our Supply Store has faced international shipping restriction on non paper items (think tote bags, release bags, key fobs, lanyards etc), and it was therefore a collaborative decision between Moem and myself to hold off on hosting this.
Well, despite these limitation being still in place today, we have somewhat adopted the theory of:
"Would people still choose to play, with the knowledge that there may be some restrictions of what can be ordered to send to the winner, or would people prefer to not have the fun of playing in this Sweeps at all?"
We have unanimously reached the conclusion that people could do with some fun right now, and therefore we will not withhold it from you any longer! So here it is : Round 9 of the International Support BookCrossing - Supply Store Sweepstakes!!!

The last round saw 34 participants sign up (which was a drop from the previous few rounds - we must do better this time around) and the Supply Store Manager reported that the collective amount of orders from R8 of this Sweeps - which directly benefits BookCrossing - raised OVER $500!!
Since starting this Sweeps back in June 2015, the collective amount raised is OVER $3000!!

Enter here to win!
Purchases from the Supply Store is a direct way of putting much needed money into BookCrossing.
Link to the Supply Store: https://www.bookcrossing.com/store

Here's what you need to do:

1. First you post here to enter.

2. Then you PM me with your mailing details (EVEN if you think I already have it!) and put "R9 BC's Supply Store Sweeps" in the subject line of your PM.

3. On 26 August 2020, I'll draw the winner(s)…..if we have enough participants we can have more than the 1 winner and spread the fun!
I'll PM everyone with the name and address of their winner (the winner will be PM'ed with the name and address of the decoy) as well as confirmation of what items are on the restricted list for international shipping.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. YOU ARE EXPECTED TO MAKE A PURCHASE FROM THE STORE FOR SUPPLIES FOR THE WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKE, NOT JUST USE SUPPLIES YOU ALREADY HAVE, AND YOUR ORDER DELIVERED DIRECTLY FROM THE STORE TO THE WINNER.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6. As the packages start to arrive, the winner must please post in this thread what it is they receive, as it's fun for everyone who's entered to see what the winner has got.

Soooooo..........who's in, and can we beat the current standing record of 50 sign ups that we had for Round 7!!??

2015 June - Round 1 - 12 participants
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/520720
Winners x 2: hippolein & iwillrejoice

2015 Nov - Round 2 - 22 participants
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/525312
Winners x 2: rahar109 & Boekentrol

2016 Nov - Round 3 - 12 participants
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/536111
Winner x 1: Poodlesister

2017 Nov - Round 4 - 24 participants
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/546644
Winners x 3: Lamilla, Diane-Fraser & Sedna5213

2018 May – Round 5 – 38 participants
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/551649
Winners x 4: LvsBtxPtr, greenbadger, ApoloniaX & Ghanescha

2018 Dec - Round 6 – 40 participants
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/556923
Winners x 4: Femke85, Za-ida, Arvores & HerbertLooby

2019 May - Round 7 – 50 participants
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/560683/
Winners x 5: Andrasthe, kiwiinengland, Fifna, anathema-device & Sparkish

2019 Nov - Round 8 - 34 participants
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/564576
Winners x 4: Bookfrogster, Maenade, Mcsar & Zimra

R9 Participants:
1) Hippolein (Finland)
2) Spatial (USA)
3) Echode (USA)
4) Arvores (Portugal)
5) Fifna (The Netherlands)
6) Russbaum (UK)
7) ILuvToRead2 (USA)
8) Abi-Gibby (UK)
9) over-the-moon (Switzerland)
10) sedna5213 (Germany)
11) Brunton11 (UK)
12) Estelle1806 (Ireland)
13) tigergirlnz (NZ)
14) Abi-Gibby (UK) nomination by mcsar
15) Nefertari (UK)
16) Rahar109 (UK)
17) Diane-Fraser (UK)
18) claudia_amorim (Ireland)
19) Livrespublic (Spain)
20) Abi-Gibby (UK) nomination by bloedengel
21) Dolph1n (UK) nomination by Poodlesister
22) CavyNomes (Australia)
23) Enitnaj (The Netherlands)
24) oehoeboeroe (The Netherlands)
25) jasperreads (USA)
26) Joanazinha (The Netherlands)
27) gypsysmom (Canada)
28) violoncellix (The Netherlands)
29) bassongirl (Germany)
30) Gemeschmi (Germany)
31) Ingwer (Germany)
32) havelblume (Germany)
33) emmejo (USA)
34) meganh (Australia)
35) bluezwuzl (Germany)
36) Delphi_Reader (Greece)
37) KarenBC (Canada)
38) kirjakko (Finland)
39) innae (USA)
40) keeta1 (New Zealand)
41) sakirmo (Finland)
42) Sparkish (UK)
43) Mecu (Finland)
44) Inge1990 (The Netherlands)
45) Indy2012 (France)
46) Paulanni (Finland)
47) judygreeneyes (USA)
48) kiwiinengland (New Zealand)
49) Sfogs (New Zealand)
50) Mankyi (Switzerland)
51) winterwren (USA) nomination by J4shaw
52) missmarkey (UK)
53) Queen72 (USA)
54) etherea (USA)
55) Harobed82 (France)

PM coming soonish

PM coming your way.

Thanks for holding another round, J4Shaw!
And thank you Moem for all the hard work you do!

wingechodewing 2 mos ago
Me, please!
sending PM now...

PM on the way.
Thanks!

wingFifnawing 2 mos ago
I'm in!
PM on the way.

wingrussbaumwing 2 mos ago
I'm in
A new entrant to this sweep but a great way to support the site.
And maybe get it back to 50 peeps. PM on the way.

Sending a PM now. Thank you J4Shaw and Moem!

PM enroute

PM on its way

PM is coming. Thanks for running this sweeps again!

Thanks for hosting again

Pls add me in.

I've been looking forward to this! PMing you now :D

I'd like to nominate Abi-Gibby to give her a bigger chance to win. I am all set on supplies as one of the winners of the last round.

PM on the way.

PMing you.

Thanks for organising

I’ve been waiting for this one!

PM is on it' s way

but I'll be 'send only' :)

I’ll PM her details.

Thanks j4shaw and Moem for organising this again.

PM coming.

I will PM you later.

And I’ll PM now...

And I’ll PM now...

so do I :-)

sending a PM your way now!

My first entry for this sweepstake. Will send PM now.
Thanks for hosting!

I just placed an order with the store but I suppose I could always use more if I was so lucky as to be chosen. Thanks for hosting. I'll pm you asap.

PM is coming!

PM is coming!

Gemeschmi I haven’t gotten your pm

wingkirjakkowing 1 mo ago
Question
Is it possible to order stuff for myself at the same time or can there be just one delivery address per order?

wingJ4Shawwing 1 mo ago
RE: Question
Is it possible to order stuff for myself at the same time or can there be just one delivery address per order?

You can choose to have items delivered to yourself and then send on to the winner the part of the order you made for them.
It doesn’t help us keep a track of how much $£€¥ the Sweepstakes raises by doing it that way, but it’s not, not allowed.

wingMoemwing 1 mo ago
RE: Question

There can be just one delivery address per order, so if you want stuff for yourself *and* for the winner, you'll have to send it to the winner yourself, like J4Shaw said.
Otherwise you'd be paying shipping for one address but we'd have to send it to two.

Just a thought as I am soon in need of a larger order, but it's OK.

Just a thought as I am soon in need of a larger order, but it's OK.
Can we tempt you to enter? If you were to win, you might not need to order for yourself!

I'm easily tempted...😊😊😊. PM on its way.

I'm happy to participate again.

PM is on the way!

Please count me in !

PM coming soon.

(Just to clarify, once we have a winner, should we be limiting our order choices to paper/sticker items? I don't know how widespread the shipping restrictions are, or what the consequences are for the BC store. Does stuff just get held in customs until the recipient country allows it in, or does it get returned to the sender? I don't want BC to have to pay to send things twice!)

(Just to clarify, once we have a winner, should we be limiting our order choices to paper/sticker items? I don't know how widespread the shipping restrictions are, or what the consequences are for the BC store. Does stuff just get held in customs until the recipient country allows it in, or does it get returned to the sender? I don't want BC to have to pay to send things twice!)
We’ll know more at the time of the draw, and will outline any restrictions in the pm you receive announcing the winner.

I would like to join please, PM on the way.

PM will follow.

wingbloedengelwing 1 mo ago
I'm
On the list twice? Nr. 20 and 25:?

wingAbi-Gibbywing 1 mo ago
RE: I'm
Someone gave you a nomination so that's why your on twice.

wingJ4Shawwing 1 mo ago
RE: I'm
On the list twice? Nr. 20 and 25:?
Thanks for spotting my error. Have corrected it now.

I try to make a purchase from the store every few months first of all to support the site and secondly because I need the labels, stickers and other stuff anyway, but up to now this sweeps always somehow took place when I couldn't afford to join financially. But this time yes, I can and I'm in!

PM on the way : )

Is there a recommended amount to spend on the sweep? There's a lot of variation in price in what's available in the store. I don't want to be accidentally stingy if we are meant to be a bit more generous; at the same time I don't want to go overboard if it's just a small purchases kind of deal.

Is there a recommended amount to spend on the sweep? There's a lot of variation in price in what's available in the store. I don't want to be accidentally stingy if we are meant to be a bit more generous; at the same time I don't want to go overboard if it's just a small purchases kind of deal.

The choice is entirely yours.
Gifting a set of Wings starts at $5, so it's really from there upwards in regards to spend.

wingKarenBCwing 1 mo ago
Deal me in!
PM on the way. My first time taking part.

The idea that we could all use a little fun is excellent and true...so PM on the way! (thanks for hosting yet again!)

wingkeeta1wing 1 mo ago
I'll play
PM on the way.

wingsakirmowing 1 mo ago
Count me in
too!

so count me in!

so count me in!

I haven't received a PM from you Inge1990

I’ll join. PM you on it’s way

wingMecuwing 1 mo ago
I'm in
for the first time ever. :) PM coming.

Out of curiosity, have you considered with Moem to group - for ecological and economical reasons - several orders for one person together?

Out of curiosity, have you considered with Moem to group - for ecological and economical reasons - several orders for one person together?

Moem indeed does that. When I was one of the winners a while back I got several things in the same envelope, with notes saying who had sent what.

Yes, as Fifna says, this is what is currently done.
Can I interest you in entering Bluemchenblatt?

Oops, I guess I might have missed the deadline.

Sorry yes the draw has already been done.

Sorry yes the draw has already been done.

Maybe I’ll make it next time then. :)

First time for me.

wingPaulanniwing 1 mo ago
I'll join
please. PM is on the way.

Sending PM...

PMing you now

wingMankyiwing 1 mo ago
I'm in!
PM'ing my address

Just one more participant would be so cool.

Oh...I’m in!
With a nomination of winterwren

Hoping more join over the course of these last few days and we make it to 60!

Thank you. Always up for supporting the supply store.

... or is Abi-Gibby on the list three times.

... or is Abi-Gibby on the list three times.
Not just you
They entered themselves and have been nominated by 2 other BCers = 3 entries

wingQueen72wing 1 mo ago
I’m in!
PM coming your way.

I'm in if it isn't.

We’ve got a new record participants in this sweepstakes

Would love to hit 55 and draw 5 winners each receiving from 11 BCers each!

Would love to hit 55 and draw 5 winners each receiving from 11 BCers each!

Ok, I'll join! :)

This round is CLOSED!
Expect PMs over the course of the next 24 hours - I am waiting on some specifics from the Store regarding item mailing limitations so I can include that info in the PMs as was promised.

This round is CLOSED!
Expect PMs over the course of the next 24 hours - I am waiting on some specifics from the Store regarding item mailing limitations so I can include that info in the PMs as was promised.

Thanks for all the hard work J4Shaw - and Moem for the hard work to come :D

Just to reiterate....

WHAT NOW?
You are expected to make a purchase from the Supply Store of supplies for the winner of the sweepstake, not just using supplies you already have - (bookplates, stickers, lapel pins, bookmarks, release bags, gift voucher) but Wings are ok too - and your order delivered to the winner.
Using supplies you already have, doesn't put money into the Store, and is not the idea of the Sweepstakes.

A note from our Store Manager:
- Please make very sure that you are NOT ordering prenumbered labels
- Please enter 'Order for R9 Supply Store Sweeps' in the comment box when ordering, so that the Store knows to send to a 3rd party and not to the person ordering
- While there are shipping restriction on non paper items, we suggest that you ONLY order paper items for this round - bookplates, stickers, labels, bookmarks - if your winner is outside of UK & Europe
- If you winner is within UK or Europe, there are NO restrictions

Please don't let the winner know they have won, either by posting in the thread or by PM, it's much more fun if the packages start arriving out of the blue!
You can however post in the thread what it is that you have ordered for the winner, if you wish to do so.

THEN:
As the packages start to arrive, the winner will post in the thread what it is they receive, as it's fun for everyone who's entered to see what the winner has got.

I will host the next competition in the next 6 months to continue to support the BC Supply Store.
I hope to see you then!

Thanks once again for joining in the fun!

******Please also note that we have found that Gift Certificates can sometimes land in people's junk/spam folder, so we suggest you keep an eye on your own junk/spam folder, as you may well be a winner too!*******

PM has been received, I'm currently waiting for wages from work, I'll get my order in once that's sorted

I saw that the credit card problem was resolved and have made my order: bookmarks, labels, and release bags.

I hope the winner likes the Value Pack I purchased for them... Congrats!

Hello,
I have ordered a gift certificate.
Is the store going to send it to the winner (I wrote who it is for) or shall I send the code myself by PM?
Thank you.

Hello,
Is the store going to send it to the winner (I wrote who it is for) or shall I send the code myself by PM?
Thank you.

That's a Moem question....let me ask her to come back to you.

Hello,
Thank you.

That's a Moem question....let me ask her to come back to you.

I didn't want the winner to know too quickly so I used my email address, printed out the gift certificate and then posted it to the winner in an old style envelope.

wingMoemwing 4 wks ago
RE: Question :)

The gift certificate will always (automatically) be sent to the buyer, not the winner. So you are meant to sent the code to the winner yourself, by PM or other means. A card or letter seems like a very nice method to me!

I hope the winner will be happy with the article I bought!

Labels and release bags ordered for my winner.

Order placed! Booklabels, stickers and bookmarks

But the system wasn't accepting Credit card payments(?). I'm hoping its just a temporary glitch, maybe from everyone placing their orders at the same time, and I'll place my order later [I don't usually have any trouble so I did leave a message via the 'Contact us' button].

wingDelphi_Readerwing 4 wks ago
Ditto.

the system wasn't accepting Credit card payments(?). I'm hoping its just a temporary glitch

That seems most likely, but thanks for the report, we will need to keep an eye on it.

Mine will be receiving bookplates and stickers.

Placed my order today 😎 Who doesn't love BC stickers??

Labels and a BC pen.

The system did not accept my Visa card but Paypal was OK.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.