🍰 2020 Birthday group 📚Thank you thread 🍮

Forum » (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
This is the place to thank the generous people that have sent you a birthday surprise for your 2020 birthday.

Remember that everyone should participate as much as they can by sending something to as many people on the birthday list as possible. Also take a few minutes to update your wishlist as you may be getting several books from it and a big selection is a plus. It really helps to find something to send if you don't happen to have a wishlist book available.

Everyone should journal any kindness they receive personally (at least journal any books they receive) & also post a comment on this thread. That way we can all share in the fun…

I will keep the list of the books sent, so don't hesitate to check with me to avoid sending duplicates! Mcsar kindly agreed to keep the list of books intended for me.

Here is the link to check if the book you have in mind is in wishlist of someone from this group:
https://www.bookcrossing.com/searchbooks?...
Please change “the” to your title

FINAL LIST OF PLAYERS:

January
9 - erishkigal (USA)
15 - missmarkey (UK)
20 - chawoso (Germany)

February
3 - oppem - wild release a book in her memory
10 - dark-draco (UK)
11 - LadyIndigo (Australia)
25 - C_ (Poland)

March
2 - rubyrebel (USA)
26 - MargaridaPires (Portugal)

April
2 - Fifna (NL)
14 - RNAi (USA) - MOVED (?)
19 - LittleWhiteBird (USA)

May
8 - Lamilla (Belarus)
9 - Bookworm-lady (Spain)
16 - mcsar (Canada)
27 - Nataliec7 (UK)
28 - BettyUE (Germany)

June
8 - barbieq233 (USA)
25 - heartthumper (USA)
30 - thegoaliegirl (USA)

July
3 - Brookler (Canada)
18 - bamaforever (USA)
20 - HI77 (USA)

August
2 - nmugirl (USA)
27 - T02S03B11D20 (USA)
28 - etherea (USA)

September
24 - bookstogive – send a present to any active bookcrosser

October
3 - Meg72 (Portugal)
5 - carelaisa (Canada)
6 - BOOKWORMINUSALL (USA)
24 - tomato68 (USA)
27 - Poodlesister (UK)

November
21 - over-the-moon (Switzerland)
28 - tigergirlnz (NZ)
29 - tabby-cat-owner (USA)
30 - hyphen8 (USA)

December
22 - Palwasha (Germany)

Thanks to all and Happy Birthdays!

for the amazing birthday group stickers.

For the awesome birthday group stickers. They are greatly appreciated.

it was a very nice gesture. Glad to see it again!

I am still working on 2019 but I'm trying a new plan for 2020 - I was determined to send everyone on the 2020 list SOMETHING. So I thought I'd send out labels for MyssCyn. :D

I am still working on 2019 but I'm trying a new plan for 2020 - I was determined to send everyone on the 2020 list SOMETHING. So I thought I'd send out labels for MyssCyn. :D

THANK you for posting the 2020 Birthday Group THANK YOU THREAD, Lamilla!!!😊

Link for my 2020 THANK YOU for hyphen8 that I posted in the Sign-Up Thread.😉 https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/9407228

I always run out of these! Love it! Thanks for being so thoughtful!

I like using these little stickers when mailing my birthday cards.

for the labels

wingHI77wing 1 yr ago
:)

I, like many others, have received hyphen8's envelope full of stickers in memory of MyssCyn! :)

I was very delighted to see them, as I had been sad to think I would be using the last of mine this year and there would be no more to remember her by. Thanks hyphen8 for all your thoughtfulness! :D

for the labels (not forgetting the lovely shell stamps on the envelope). Some labels immediately went onto the envelopes that are sitting here waiting to be posted for the January birthdays.

My set of birthday group stickers arrived today. Much appreciated, and so many different designs.

For the envelope of Oppem Birthday Group stickers in memory of MyssCyn. Nice stamps too. It arrived with another envelope from Hawaii. I wonder if they travelled all the way together!

You are so busy! An envelope from Haiwai arrived also in Germany.
Happy holidays!

I've been watching others receiving and thanking you for the birthday group stickers in memory of MyssCyn and stalking my letterbox every mail day, so I was extremely excited to find the envelope of birthday group labels in it this morning! Thank you so very much, you are helping to make me look forward to participating in my first ever Birthday group year. I've been watching the 2019 thank you thread all year and wishing I was a part of it, so now I will be and my first gift (yes, it feels like a gift), are these wonderful labels to put on my gifts going out. Bless you and thank you xxx

The post office tried to chew it up a bit but the card (and the stamps) came through ok.

https://www.flickr.com/---/dateposted-public/

from Poland and was stored away.
Thank you, C_!

I’m happy it arrived! I took the opportunity to post it from Germany while visiting my family :)

from Goodwill books e-commerce. Talking it behind the tree to await my birthday, as I expect it came from someone in this group. Will someone tell me so I can say thank you?

from Goodwill books e-commerce. Talking it behind the tree to await my birthday, as I expect it came from someone in this group. Will someone tell me so I can say thank you?

That is from me and the label will travel separately!

I too have received your envelope with birthday group stickers in memory of MyssCynn. Thank you very much! Such a lovely idea.

for the cute New Year‘s card and your Kind Note! It was a delight to find it in my mailbox as it even had my favorite birds on it :)

A big thank you to Grenada (not sure who it is but the stamps show Grenada :) RNAi?) I’ll store it on my shelf and it’ll look at me temptingly for the next two months ;)
The envelope was damaged but the post put it into plastic and I believe the book is fine :))

Yes it was from me! Funny how mail travels at different speeds; I posted your package after some others which still haven’t been delivered. Glad the post office managed to salvage the slightly broken packaging!

Thanks for the envelope filled with Birthday Group labels... I have ran out of them, so these will really be handy!
Thanks, you are a star!! :)

Nice to see some parcels arriving already.
Please remember to contact me with the books you are planning to gift to avoid sending duplicates. For the books intended for me contact mcsar XD

Some have Oppem's Birthday Group stickers/handwritten on them, one is a book from Better World Books and others just look to me like they are from BCers. Thank you to all who have sent something. Birthdays are such fun when you are in this group. Newbies, you are in for such wonderful surprises when your birthday comes around.

One from LittleWhiteBird and one from Lamilla😊
They are now going under the tree 🌲 till my b- day~ thank you both ‘

Thank you, LittleWhiteBird!

the first was an envelope of birthday group labels from hyphen8 - well i think they - as yet unopened

an envelope from lamilla with instructions not to open until my birthday

and
a big envelope from C_ which has barely survived the journey - i will open that over the weekend, but i have to photograph it first - the local post office requested i do so - i'll contact you with the contents - i can see some teabags falling out, so maybe some have been left behind on its travels

thankyou so much for the early surprises

it is crazy hot and smoky here - the bushfires are devastating many places- our closest has been 150km away until monday when lightning ignited one close to home (just 15km away) - it is still burning in the forest and is under control for now - the southern end of the forest is across the main road and only a few km away so it better not spread! - the ongoing drought means that the vegetation is dry and there is limited water - join me in raindance anytime

;)

Oh no! I hope that everything is still there. I expected it would take longer to get to Australia but then I didn’t think it’d be so damaged.
The fires are horrible. I hope you’ll be safe and they will stop soon! It’s so painful to see how the wildlife is suffering :(

the first was an envelope of birthday group labels from hyphen8 - well i think they - as yet unopened

Feel free to open that one. :)

it is crazy hot and smoky here - the bushfires are devastating many places- our closest has been 150km away until monday when lightning ignited one close to home (just 15km away) - it is still burning in the forest and is under control for now - the southern end of the forest is across the main road and only a few km away so it better not spread! - the ongoing drought means that the vegetation is dry and there is limited water - join me in raindance anytime

;)

Very scary - stay safe!

for the beautiful stickers!! I love them! They have been traveling for really long time :) I’ll make a note in my calendar to send your present early on then :D

I was out most of the day on my birthday; to work followed by an evening at the cinema (to see 1917) so tonight I sit with my basket of envelopes and bookie shaped parcels to enjoy the kindness of my bookcrossing friends. This prospect gives me such a warm glow inside. Thank you again. More details at the weekend...….

My grateful thanks to :-
C_ for a lovely postcard full of news about Poland where she lives, 2 bracelets, a necklace, a bar of Polish chocolate and a book by J.K.Rowling that I didn't know she had written 'Very Good Lives'. Bracelets have already been worn :)
Chawoso for a beautiful card and a label for a wishlist book that has arrived from Better World Books, 'Crooked Heart'. It looks interesting :)
dark-draco for a card, a book 'Gardening SOS' some sweets and a pen and lots of Animal Ark books for my school library project. Grateful thanks for finding all those books :) edited to add that at the bottom of the pile of Animal Ark books was a fantastic stash of lovely BC labels ( and I had been admiring yours all the way through registering your books!)
Meg72 for a lovely flowery purple card, a book 'Alibis' a key ring, some mascara, some sweets, and some tea sachets. The whole envelope smelt beautifully of cinnamon. Eating a sweet right now :)
Poodlesister for a book that I wanted after I saw it in a book swap game. It is written by a bookcrosser ' The Way Home' plus a card and lots of lovely labels:)
tigergirlnz for a card, some labels and an extension to my wings. I love to support BC in this way :)
Swantje for a cute card and a BC label, the best ones for children's releases :)
RNAi for a sweet card, a Ladybird book for sharing with children and some fun erasers. I'm afraid the Unicorn notrpad you mentioned on your card was not in the envelope which had obviously been damaged in the post and re- sealed by the Post Office.
Lamilla for a lovely bright card in a beautiful envelope and some International Book Day labels :)
over-the-moon for a card featuring delicious macaroons, an interesting postcard from Fete des Vignerons, a wings extension and a book for my children's book bridge 'What Wonders Do You See When You Dream?' :)
BettyUE and Palwasha for an intriguing cat card and one of my favourite BC labels:)
Erishkigal for a funky pink bird card, lots of lovely labels and wings :)
Thank you all. BC Birthdays are very special :):):)

Swantje for a cute card and a BC label, the best ones for children's releases :)

That would be me.

oops, sorry about that, LittleWhiteBird.

I'm sorry about the notepad; it seems like about 10% of the packages I send either get damaged or lost in the mail. Glad everything else made it through okay!

Sounds like you had a very pleasing and happy birthday :)

This is just a general thanks for all the envelopes here, with more to follow! I’ve been away again, and really meant to post a ‘thank you and I’ll get more posted when I get back’ and just now realized “Oh, *^#~*#*#, I forgot😲”
I’m going to have a bit of a sit down, then unpack, by then it should be evening I can pour a glass of wine and start opening all these envelopes!

So, I was so pooped I didn’t even make it through last night before I couldn’t hold my eyes open😂Niw I think I’d better start thanking before going any further ~~

Miss Markey~ thank you for the great ‘Matilda’ card and the enclosed labels and stickers~ I love Roald Dahl!

bamafoever~the Hello card is gorgeous! Thank you so much for it, the card and postcard to write and send, ze Bordeaux label and ze tea.

Chawoso~ I love the card with the basket overflowing with ranunculus! So beautiful! And the German coasters are so much fun ~ now I need a trip to Cologne :)

over-the-moon ~Wow~ this bird woman photo card from the generational fete is absolutely amazing! I am definitely going to have to go watch some of the videos on YouTube~ thank you for the lovely card (this must be the year of pink flowers LOL) and everything included: bookmarks, labels I have not seen before, and of course for the wings 😍

tigergirlnz~ rotfl when I opened the card~ sooooo cat! The card is great, as are the cat labels, the cute bookmark, the picture of Pania’s statue, and your note about her and the Park~ thank you so much for all of it!

Palwasha and BettyUE ~ thank you both very much for the beautiful ‘traditional ‘ card and the lovely well- done rose :) Also for the German stamps which will go to the Sisters :D

I think this is all for tonight~~ more to come!

sending small evelopes, big packages or PMs.
I am back now, will take a glass of wine and will open all the staff I put away during the last weeks.
;-)

I am so grateful to have received so many good wishes and Prezzys from you group members .…
After a super long workday (so much to catch up on) I opened two packages last night ~~ And as each contained a greatly desired and longtime wished for book, I spent the rest of evening savoring them😊😊

Thank you, LittleWhiteBird for sending The Epic of Gilgamesh
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15709606
I am thrilled to now have this translation to read! When my granddaughter (now 31) was young I used to read with her in the evenings, and she would ask for Gilgamesh as often as Dr. Seuss 😮 Though very different, both are rhythmic, And I do hope to find this modern translation retains the lyric beauty of the poetry.

Poodlesister, you rock, woman! Thank you so much for The Girl Who Sang to the Buffalo
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15650883
I’m so excited! And the card is absolutely gorgeous 😊And I certainly appreciate the always useful labels and stickers (the sheep in the tub is hysterical ~~ wonder if a bath will turn the family’s black sheep white LOL). I love the stamps too, gorgeous countryside and Doctor Strange 🤣

Thank you to Tabby Cat Owner for a very sweet card and some book marks and some labels to come. Super :)

poodlesister: A big box with Christmas and birthday presents contained bath salt in a Christmas tree ball, another huge bath fizzer and a face mask, chocolate & mint fudge, a Christmas pudding and cheddar crispy thins . They are great with the earl grey strong tea. On the bottom I found some tea lights. Okay, let's take a bath. Thank you so much for your very thoughtful package. Just see I forgot a bunch of BC stickers and the beautiful deep winter card.
Palwasha and BettyUE: It smelled great, when I opened the box. Small pieces of bergamot soaps, a face mask, a very special sponge, green arm warmers, a book and a hand made Birthday card from BettyUE. Great!
RNAi: The envelope was slightly damaged and bounded with a rubber band, but nothing got lost ;-) So I can thank you for frui ty erasers, a cute little pouch containing rouge and a face mask.
C_: She sent birthday rose flowers (a cute litte card), an audio book (I like Sibylle Berg!) and some Polish specialities (spice blend for a stew with sauerkraut called Bigosu and a special drink). I'm curious about it.
over-the-moon: I got a wishlist book Oliver Sacks - On the Move https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15791880 , two bars of delightful chocolate ( Caramel and Dark Ginger, great!), a face mask, BC labels and a very special bookmark card . Gorgeous!
hyphen8: A flowery birthday card contained mailing labels and personalized BC labels. What a great idea! I also love the beautiful stamps on the envelope!
LittleWhiteBird: A nice birthday card and some labels. One is very special and handmade. Is it a picture of your home town?
Meg72: She told me "Dream big", sent a nice calender "The Travelling Reader", a cute ladybug pencil, some tea and candys and a very interesting book "The Mairmaid and Mrs. Hancock". https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15820419 .
MissMarkey: Such a nice birthday card (with books and told my to be outrageous, okay I try ...) and my favorite book labels! ;-))))
tigergirlnz: A nice card with many colourful gift and a very nutritive face mask made their way from down under :-)
Erishkigal: *lol* your card made may day: It's me in the bath tube reading a book and drinking red wine ... and inside all I need more: make up remover pads and a sheet mask. Brilliant!
dark-draco: An owlish card with a bunch of labels I never saw before!
Nataliec7: A "flowerful" card and a great tea selection ...

Thank you all ...
As MissMarkey said BC birthdays are very special! You all made mine a great day!

Hm, I don’t remember which labels I’ve sent, but I haven’t made any of my hometown, so it’s not that.

C_ ~ Thank you for thinking of my birthday, I so appreciate that you did. Unfortunately Postal Service gremlins did their worst, and what I received was an empty envelope, (two sides completely torn open and rips along the other two) which my post office and then sealed in a plastic bag with a note that (to paraphrase) said “oops, our bad, so sorry”. ☹️.
At least I have beautiful stamps!

RNAi ~ How did you know I adore nutmeg? And omg, this smells sooooo good!!! I just keep sitting here holding the bag up to my nose and inhaling deeply... mmmmm.... I love it all, RNAi: the Shakespeare pin, mint tea for bedtime, Grenada postcard, gold labels, and chopsticks. LOL, that’s another how did you know? I use chopsticks often at home. But none of mine have little ridges, does that make them easier to hold my rice? Oh, and how could I forget, the follow your heart heart🙂

HI77. ~ sent the wishlist book In Perfect Light
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15796260
which had languished on the list for 15 YEARS!!!!!!😲
That is going to be one delicious read😉
And in true 77 form, she also included a fun collection of cartoons, labels, candy cane, and ... ‘oddities’~ A fortuneteller that I think it’s going to open up to be one of those foldy things we did in school, and a magic package of ‘Hell smoke’ 😄

Oh no, I’m so sorry :(

Oh no, I’m so sorry :(

C_. I am so sorry that you went to the trouble and expense of sending me something, and Postal Service is destroyed it!

Your mail arrived this week and is stored in a box waiting for my birthday :)

for your mail :) I’m already super excited!

The goodness goes on. Thank you to :-
rubyrebel for a fantastic sparkly cat card and a cat book mark. I always like a bookmark nearby. A good book deserves a good bookmark I feel.
hearthumper for a pretty card that is reusable and as lovely mixture of labels - you can't have too many labels and it's nearly time for my Valentine's Day children's book release in memory of ResQGeek's daughter.
Carelaisa for a postcard of Quebec, some sachets of tea and lots of wonderful labels including the Oppem's Birthday Group ones that we have all come to love and appreciate. Thank you so much.
NatalieC7 for a nice bright card and some wings. I love to keep my wings going full time.
Thank you all. X

Thank you to
carelaisa for a postcard of Quebec, lots of wonderful labels including a variety of Birthday group ones and a nice magnetic bookmark. ;-)
lamilla for a selection of BC labels (some of them I never saw before) and a great Birthday card where she told me how she celebrated her last birthdays (a little bit like me :-)).

And in honor of Oppem, we were supposed to wild release a book. Here is my entry:
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15802753/

Thank you, Oppem, for putting this exchange together long before I was a BCer. I hope we do you a good honor by our wild releases. And thank you Lamilla, for putting the current exchange together and allowing us to honor Oppem with this wild release idea.

I couldn't go out today, but will release these tomorrow at our monthly meetup:
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15804252
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15760584

I released mine completely Wild (I didn't name the location, though I can say it was Napier, New Zealand):
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15671770

Two books semi-wild released on the bookshelf at Blackhorse Road tube station

The Incredible Human Journey by Alice Roberts
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15650892

And The Closers by Michael Connelly
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15650895

Many more envelopes arrived last week, a minimum of one a day and one day three! It’s my birthday and Christmas all over again!

It was a heavy work week, as we are about to start Techs, so I thought I’d get my thank yous done come Sunday... and then had company followed by company LOL so much for plans. I spent most of the day shoveling 18 inches of snow from the walk and drive, and then shoveled another 2 inches twice! I’m afraid all I’m good for now is making a stiff drink and drawing an Epsom bath to soak in ~ but I wanted you to know that recent envelopes have been received and welcomed and loved, and I promise to get back with proper thank you is just as soon as I possibly can. Thank you, thank you, most wonderful bookcrossers!

My first thank you of the year goes to Lamilla. I received an envelope yesterday. The top edge was somewhat damaged/open, but I don’t think anything escaped unless you put something quite small in there. I started opening and looking at the content yesterday evening, because I was sitting in the half dark, but then quickly stopped when I realized it was a birthday gift. I’ll have a close look around my birthday.

To celebrate, I've Wild Released this book from your 1/21/2012 Wishlist in a very special place...a new Monarch Haven and Reading Sanctuary Garden...see JE for details.🦋

Timbuktu by Paul Auster
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/6232940

I released them to a local Little Free Library:
Middlemarch, Silas Marner, Amos Barton https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15330904
Foreshadows of Wrath and Redemption https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15176018
The Panther https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14366849
Joys of Motherhood https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/6790182
The Space Between Us: A Novel https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11860497
The Last Song https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14263964

Thank you to :-
Tabby-Cat-Owner for the dearest card of a Teddy Bear's Picnic containing some bookmarks and some labels. I especially liked the ones of your daughters reading in different places around the world.
mcsar for a fabulous hardback wishlist book 'Pretending To Dance' by Diane Chamberlain, an author I discovered a couple of years ago and like. What a glorious cover. I shall look forward to holding this in my hands and reading it very soon. Thank you so much. Hardback books are expensive to post so I really do appreciate it. Oh, and BC labels and stickers too. Fabulous.
I'm a very lucky little bookcrosser. XXX

Ok, so, I have a bit of a confession to make … I opened my presents early!!

Today (Monday) is my actual birthday, but as storm Ciara hit yesterday and brought 60mph winds and torrential rain, the event me and my horse were supposed to be competing in was cancelled. So I spent the day stuck indoors, sulking around the house, and decided to cheer myself up by opening all your wonderful parcels. Which was probably just as well, as there were fears in the house that our coffee table might collapse and everything had to be moved to the dining table!

Thank you all for your generosity – every single parcel was appreciated and made me smile.

Here’s what I received:
* From Brookler: A lovely horsey card, book stickers and labels, postcards and a bookmark.
* From C_: Some rather interesting gooseberry jelly, which we can’t wait to try and ‘Super Sad True Love Story’ by Gary Shteyngart.
* From Carelaisa: Tea, postcards, book labels and a magnetic bookmark.
* From Chawoso: A magnetic bookmark and some hot chocolate.
* From Erishkigal: Orange flavour hot chocolate drink and a lovely horsey card. Plus ‘ Remake’ by Connie Willis.
* From Hypen8: BC Book labels
* From Lamilla: ‘The City and the City’ by China Mieville.
* From LittleWhiteBird: Postcards for postcrossing.
* From Meg72: Sweets, nail varnish, notepad and pen, magnetic bookmark, Angry Bird keyring and ‘Delirium’ by Lauren Oliver.
* From MissMarkey: BC stickers and labels.
* From Over-the-Moon: Postcards, BC Stickers, Ruby cholocate and some tea. Plus ‘A Spark of Light’ by Jodi Picoult.
* From Palwasha & BettyUE: Book labels and a horsey magazine from Germany, which I’m looking forward to reading.
* From Poodlesister: A MAHOOSIVE box of goodies! Chocolate sweets, Toffees, Water flavourings, chocolate bars, BC release bags, postcards, Unicorn craft tape, BC Stickers and a Geocaching pathtag. Plus the smallest book ever to release in a Geocache ‘My Fundamental Rights’ by the European Union, ‘The Jump-Off Creek’ by Molly Gloss, ‘Times Legacy’ by Barbara Erskine and ‘The King’s Curse’ by Philippa Gregory – that should all keep me going for a while!
* From Rnai: A massive pack of 4c water flavourings (I love these and struggle to get them in this country – can’t wait to try all these new flavours!) and an animal calendar.
* From Tabby-Cat-Owner: A bookmark and some postcards, plus a fab sticker that says ‘My Weekend is all Booked.’
* From Tigergirlnz: Tea and some book labels.

for the birthday card
gift to be recieved later

for the lovely birthday card
and Bowie article
favorite Bowie song i think is
Rebel Rebel

for the lovely birthday card
and Bowie article
favorite Bowie song i think is
Rebel Rebel

Hehe clearly you couldn't wait! Hard to pick one song though, right?

Thank you heart-thumper for the book labels and stickers.

an envelope from Lamilla and a package from C_. Thank you both, this is very organised!! Now off to find a place to store them until May.

My first Birthday envelope! :)
That was fast... I am still struggling with February this year, I'm afraid.
I will try to keep it safe until my B-day. Thank you very much!! :)

more Birthday presents were waiting :-)
Thank you bookworm-lady for a wishlist book Henry James - The Wings of the Dove https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15607184 with a great Birthday label, a nice bookmark and a birthday card.
Another thank you to mcsar for 1001 book V.S. Naipaul - In a Free State https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14722040 coming with some book plates and a nice birthday book mark ;-)
heartthumper sent a beautiful handmade birthday card, self created book labels and some tea, thank you so much!
tabby-cat-owner, your labels are awesome and I think I know the places where they were taken (Oxford and Norway).
Thank you all! I like belated Birthday presents :-)

more Birthday presents were waiting :-)
Thank you bookworm-lady for a wishlist book Henry James - The Wings of the Dove https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15607184 with a great Birthday label, a nice bookmark and a birthday card.

Thank you all! I like belated Birthday presents :-)

Enjoy... and happy belated birthday! :)

for a colourful cat card, lots of labels, a wishlist book 'Crooked Heart' which I look forward to reading and several books for my school library projects including one massive book about The Mayans which must have made this parcel extremely expensive to post. Thank you so much for your generosity and your wonderful support for my school library projects. Don't apologise for it being late. This is one of the wonderful things about this birthday group. It is never too late! The birthday goodness goes on. Thank you again. X

for a colourful cat card, lots of labels, a wishlist book 'Crooked Heart' which I look forward to reading and several books for my school library projects including one massive book about The Mayans which must have made this parcel extremely expensive to post. Thank you so much for your generosity and your wonderful support for my school library projects. Don't apologise for it being late. This is one of the wonderful things about this birthday group. It is never too late! The birthday goodness goes on. Thank you again. X

As always a pleasure, missmarkey. :)
Enjoy your WishList book, and keep up your good work with children, encouraging them to love books the way we all do.

for the labels!
The envelope was opened by our customs. Hope nothing is taken ))

for my first birthday parcel!

and I'll be setting them aside for closer to my birthday. Thank you, everyone.

Your parcel is here... I think this year I will need a bag earlier on.
Thank you for this, looking forward to opening it on B-Day!! :)

and then a cute ziggy cat pin came in the mail

Yay it arrived!

PS- your packages still haven't arrived, but I think the USPS is going very slow lately, as lots of things I've sent or have ordered have been arriving really late.

im setting them aside for the 2nd of march.

Thank you to everyone! I’ve received a couple of cards and parcels that look like a book :) I also got a delivery from World of Books and BetterWorldBooks. I’ll write more detailed once I’ll unpack everything in a couple of days. This is so exciting!! <3

..apologies to the March & April folks. I'll try to get something out soon.

..apologies to the March & April folks. I'll try to get something out soon.

you and me both ...

i've been travelling for a couple of weeks and now i am home - there was *so* much mail waiting for me, it took me over an hour to sort it all - i am still getting through some acknowledgements

and then there was a wedding which involved us from friday thru to monday in one way or another - and we're not even family!

i have had some big meetings to prepare for - one later today and then i can return here to tell you what arrived for this group - i've barely opened those envelopes and packages - perhaps i'll be having myself another birthday party tomorrow hahaa

apologies for my delay - it is not possible sometimes to stretch ourselves in twenty different directions and i seem to have lost my personal assistant (or maybe i need more than one)

happy fab february
;)

To the person who granted me wings!! <3

To LittleWhiteBird for a beeeeautiful cat birthday card and the pretty stamps on the envelope!

To tigergirlnz for another awesome cat birthday card, very pretty labels and stickers! I’ve been running low on them, so they’re very much appreciated!

To erishkigal for a very beautiful pastel colored birthday card, stickers and labels, a pretty bookmark and a bird ornament! Thank you also for sharing your story about your pets. Animals are such a valuable and important part of our lives and it’s devastating to see them go. The dog in my profile pic is actually one of two (siblings) we rescued from the shelter here in Poland and took to Germany to live with my mom :)

I just came back after a very hectic day at work with back to back meetings, afterwards an interesting visit to a museum I’ve wanted to see for months already about a famous Polish theater director and set designer who founded an underground theater during the Nazi occupation, and finally a yummy dinner at a Japanese restaurant before getting back to open mail and as my cat decided to fall asleep in the box with all the BC mail now, I think I’ll call it a night, too, and will prolong the joy of opening all these wonderful envelopes from you guys over the next days and get back with more thank you notes soon! You really made this birthday a very special one <3

C_ 1 yr ago
Thank you part 2
I’ll start with the card that arrived today and then just work myself trough the box with all the mail I’ve got :)

Thank you Nataliec7 for wings and a very cute pink birthday card with a cat ballerina on it! Thank you also for the labels and stickers.

Thank you Tabby-Cat-Owner for all the things you put inside this beautiful birthday card! I LOVE the little dog wearing the party hat :D The bookmark and all the cards will definitely be put to use. And I’m sorry you didn’t manage to visit Notre Dame before the fire, I was there in 2015 or 2016 and was still able to visit. I hope you’ll make it to Paris and get to enjoy all the beautiful sights and museums it has to offer!

Thank you Brookler! The little birds on the birthday card are the cutest! <3 Thanks for the label, the postcard, bookmark and traveling birthday library card (this is so nice! I’ll use it as a bookmark as long as it’s with me) as well!

Thank you hyphen8 for the awesome address and BC labels! They’ll definitely be used very soon :)

To be continued tomorrow :)

thankyou so so much for all of the wonderful cards and bits& pieces you have sent to me - this month has been more crazy than normal - february is always busy for me, and this year i spent nearly 2 weeks in tasmania, the little island at the south of the australian mainland - mix that with birthdays, valentine's day, letterwriting month and my usual postcrossing mail, there has been a lot to do, a lot of mail to sort through - and to be honest i feel a little overwhelmed

i've now journalled the books i've received and i think - read hope with fingers crossed - that i have sorted everything to the right pile!

i'm going to cheat a little this year and just tell you who sent me mail

there were bcid labels, bc stickers big and small, birthday group labels, teabags, coffee sachets, cucumber pickling spices (ok just one of those), postcards, bookmarks, museum brochures, butterfly stickers (lots), chocolate, lavender essential oil, incense, marimekko (paper) napkins, washi tape, african wax fabric remnant, chocolate, a BIG bunch of moomin items - napkins, notebook, sticky notes, a bag, to do list, origami pelicans, a butterfly tablecloth...

big big thanks to

brookler
c_
carelaisa
chawoso
dark-draco
erishkigal
hyphen8
lamilla
littlewhitebird (swan)
mcsar
meg72
nataliec7
over-the-moon
poodlesister
rnai
tabby-cat-owner
tigergirlnz
tomato68

if i've missed your name, pm me and i'll look - it could still be travelling or i may have put it in the wrong pile because i'm getting muddleheaded

i received books from
mcsar
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/9916740/
One Moment, One Morning by Sarah Rayner |

tigergirlnz
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15827616/
One Boy Missing by Stephen Orr

now let's have some fabulous february cake ( actually i may need a drink!)

thanks again for being such love-ly ladies

;)

i've now journalled the books i've received and i think - read hope with fingers crossed - that i have sorted everything to the right pile!

Please also mention the book you've received here, so everyone can enjoy with you and I could cross them from the list

C_ 1 yr ago
Thank you Part 3
Thank you chawoso for your generosity and sending me a very special graphic novel compiling a short history of Berlin and fair trade chocolate (yummy!)

Thank you Lamilla for all the labels and the pretty card from Marseille!

Thank you MissMarkey for all the BC stickers and labels and the beautiful birthday card!

Thank you Carelaisa for the cutest tiny magnetic bookmark, all the Birthday Group stickers and labels, the tea and a postcard from Quebec (I’ve never been to Quebec but it looks so pretty and you made me want to travel ;))

Thank you mcsar for „High Fidelity“ by Nick Hornby (I haven’t read the book yet but wanted to get to it for a long time already!), for the labels and stickers and the warm welcome!

And once again thank you to erishkigal for a wishlist book she sent me through BetterWorldBooks! Now I need to get back to your card and check whether I missed the label you prepared for „The Temple of the Golden Pavilion“ by Yukio Mishima :) It looks great! It’s been a library book in its former life and is full of stamps and library cards!

Thank you Palwasha and BettyUE for a very beautiful birthday care with a butterfly I’ll definitely take off and will use for decoration! They also sent me a book about adopting shelter cats „Katzen mit Geschichte“ by Bettina von Stockfleth.

Thank you Poodlesister for a World Book Day book by Rainbow Rowell! I’m excited to try it out :) And for all the labels and stickers!

Thank you over-the-moon for ruby chocolate (I’ve never had pink chocolate!!), beautiful post cards, Indian warli painting (so beautiful!), loads of tea and a nicely wrapped book: „The Cat Who Went to Heaven” by Elizabeth Coatsworth.

Thank you Dark-Draco for tons of labels and stickers and a book from my wishlist: “The Edible Woman” by Margaret Atwood!

Thank you RNAi for “Edgar and Emma. A Novel After Jane Austen” by Robert Rodi! I’m intrigued by the concept of a modern author writing in the style of Austen.

And last but not least, I got a delivery for World of Books containing “Surfacing” by Margaret Atwood but couldn’t figure out who ordered it for me. Please let me know, so I can properly say thank you!

You’ve totally spoiled me and made this birthday very special. Thank you all for sending me something, I’m speechless! :)

And last but not least, I got a delivery for World of Books containing “Surfacing” by Margaret Atwood but couldn’t figure out who ordered it for me. Please let me know, so I can properly say thank you!

You’ve totally spoiled me and made this birthday very special. Thank you all for sending me something, I’m speechless! :)

atwood's 'surfacing' is from me - happy birthday - as the label has not arrived yet, i'll pm you the bcid in the meantime, or you can wait for the mail to arrive

it is already march here in australia

;)

Thank you so much for it! I love to see that my Atwood collection is growing :)

the book names were not intentionally left off the update
rather than scolding me publicly for not mentioning those books, perhaps sending me a pm (private message) or waiting a few hours would be nicer - obviously i've just gotten up on the wrong side of the bed this morning

it took me over an hour to journal those books - i kept getting errors and when i went back to get the journal links for my message the site had a hiccup again, so i thought i'd come back later - the 2 are now listed in the original post

in fact my fabulous february took me two days to get up here - because i'd finished it - pressed save and i got that 'sorry there's been an error' message and i lost all i'd written - i ought to continue to do bigger posts in a word processing program and paste it here when the gremlins are asleep

let's be a little more patient whilst the site keeps on bugging
thanks

I recieved a card today from Lamilla with BC stickers
A card and wishlist boom from tabby-cat-owner
A squirrel card and birthday stuff and bc supply stickers from poodlesister ( David Bowie stamp on envolope)
A birthday card from BettyUE & Palwasha
a bithday card from tomato68 with a bookmark and bc labels
a birthday card and supplies from mcscar
a package from over-the moon
with a hand made card, gift tags, postcards, an autographed book ( this package was difficult for her to send because of customs
from dark-drako a book , a birthday card, unicorn scrubbie , lots of bc labels

I have received a mysterious big box... I will keep it safe until my B-day... :)

Sent her a month of wings

Thank you so much.

Here's a roundup of what arrived over the past week. Parcel/envelopes from:
C_
tigergirlnz
Palwasha & BettyUE
Poodlesister
mcsar
Thank you everyone! Storing it all away till April.

for a flowery card, a wings extension and 2 Sue Bentley books for my school library themes. The Bookcrossing goodness goes on throughout the year and I like it. Yes, I hope to see you in Newcastle too, Fifna. I think it will be a great Uncon in this fab location.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.