[CLOSED] R6: Int Support BookCrossing - Supply Store Sweepstake

Forum » (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness » Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Count me it ;-)

Complete Thread
wingZa-idawing 5 mos ago
I'm happy :-)
I'm really happy! Not only because I am a winner of this sweepstake.

So I want to tell you our story. I MUST ;-)

Sorry, J4Shaw, that I take your thread for my private story. But it is a Bookcrossing fairy tale :-)

My realname Beate means lucky me. And my nickname is the same. I know that from the first audio book I've got when I came to Bookcrossing in 2012.

And it's true: I AM HAPPY!
I love Bookcrossing and I love my husband.

That could be quite normal. But the very special thing for me: I first met my husband with Bookcrossing.

He came to Nuremberg to the world's biggest toy fair each year. On Sunday we always have a Meetup. So we met once a year since I joined in 2013 first time.

Last year he wrote a PM after the Meetup. Two PMs later he gave me his emailaddress.

We both fell in love by writing emails and so we stopped writing. He lives 400 kilometers away from me. And I had a partner since 15 years.
The eternity began. We did not write for long long 8 days!!! Could you imagine??

I suffered and could not endure that. I wrote again.

The answer: The whole day I thought about writing you. I looked into my email account and saw your mail.

So we met in Berlin the following week and I separated from my partner.
In September hank-chinaski and I married in Kassel in the Museum of Brothers Grimm.

If you look into the book (the title means "married") you can see photos:

https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14931246/

The bridal bouquet was made of book pages.
And the quote on the wedding cake comes from Heinrich Heine. It means:

Nobody is too crazy not to find somebody even crazier to understand him.

What a lovely story!

It always delights me when I hear of partners found and children born through BookCrossing.

I worked out a long time ago that it wasn't the books I enjoyed - though they were great, especially when a bunch of bookrings arrived all at once - so much as the BookCrossers.

There is nothing quite so jolly as a bunch of BookCrossers out to make the world a library.

And sometimes there's more than just a shared love of books. Give you joy of your husband and may your joint library grow ever greater.

What a nice answer from the other side of the world :-)
I worked out a long time ago that it wasn't the books I enjoyed - though they were great, especially when a bunch of bookrings arrived all at once - so much as the BookCrossers.

Yes, that's true :-) Two month ago a Bookcrosser - also from Berlin ;-) - asked in the German forum: What does Bookcrossing mean for you? And I answered the same :-)

Give you joy of your husband and may your joint library grow ever greater.

Yes, we both have a big library ;-) In the thread for our wedding a Bookcrosser wrote:
Two summits of the Alps became one Kilimanjaro.

And I like that: I looked on your page and saw the text of "The Desiderata of Happiness" in your profile. Wow! So good. The book is lying in my bedroom.

"Two summits of the Alps became one Kilimanjaro."

Love it!

Tell me, did your merged libraries turn out to be exact matches, with two of every title, or were they perfect complements, no two the same?

Tell me, did your merged libraries turn out to be exact matches, with two of every title, or were they perfect complements, no two the same?

Well, some books did not match ;-) But a lot of titles are the same!

Today I got a few emails from the bookcrossing supply store. I got two gift certificates by Plum-Crazy and Za-ida. Thank you so much!

Congratulations Femke85 and Za-ida on your win!
There are 2 more winners out there....

Thank you everyone!

I opened the first envelope from the support store (I recieved 3, but one is probably with things i ordered for myself).

Thank you LivresPublic for the post-its, bookmarks and stickers

Thank you jazzy7112 for those little BC stickers, other stickers and post-its

Thank you RoseOfDarkness for the lanyard, bookmarks and address labels

Thank you Kihaan for a release bag, post-its, round stickers, little stickers and bookplates with a multi-language explanation of bookcrossing.

There was also a BC pin in the bag, but don’t know from whom.

Thank you all so much! Obviously this is a lot more that I can use (and this is only envelope 1 out of 3). So I will organise a give-away or find another way to make some Bookcrossers happy.

THANK YOU EVERYONE for your generosity! This is truly amazing!

wingFemke85wing 5 mos ago
Envelope n#2
Thank you cassiopeia for the pen, post-its, bookmarks and really beautiful bookplates

wingFemke85wing 5 mos ago
Envelope n#3
Was from myself :) I had ordered release bags and bookmarks before I knew I was a winner. I’m always happy to support Bookcrossing.

Thank you everone for your amazing generosity! Here is a picture from what I collected from my mailbox today:

https://imgur.com/---/Nx19hd5

It was stuffed completely with things given to me by this wonderful community. This is so amazing!

To J4Shaw for organising
And Moem for all the work in the supply store!

HerbertLooby 5 mos ago
Yay!
Decoy or winner I was so pleased to receive a lovely package of stickers from Reet Petite!

Hope you enjoy flying.

I’ve had another couple of packages stuffed full of goodies!! I shall name everyone later but for now it’s like Christmas. Oh, wait...

I think it is from MissMarkey?

Yes it was me :)

*dons Store Manager hat*

Ahem. I'm here to tell you some statistics about this year's Supply Store Sweepstakes.
- 4 winners have been drawn.
- 3 have come forward to report that they received a tidal wave of goodies.
- 1 has not. Let's hope they are on holiday and will be happily surprised to find themselves up to their ankles (2) in loot when they get home.
- 40 participants (which equals 100%!) have made an order. Yay!
- No one (zero!) ordered prenumbered bookplates by accident!
- The collective amount of these orders, which directly benefit BookCrossing, is well over $500. This is nothing short of amazing.
- Less than 10 tote bags are left in stock. Just so you know.
- 1 Store Manager is proud and grateful for each and every one of you who participated, and hopes you all feel the same way.

Very merry holidays to all of you, and a healthy and happy 2019! Peace on earth, good books to all!

Beautiful! :-)
A Merry Christmas to you too, Moem. And a healthy 2019, full of wonderful books.

YAY!!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Fabulous, 100% participation rate is really pleasing to read.

Well done J4Shaw for keeping your idea going, and moem for doing the shop work.

Fabulous, 100% participation rate is really pleasing to read.

Well done J4Shaw for keeping your idea going, and moem for doing the shop work.

I wish you a Happy New Year and I hope the post arrives at the (last) winner soon ;-)

This is one of my faveorite sweepstakes as it helps put money back into the BC website keeping it up and running :) and the statistics are really good

It's lovely to hear from the delighted recipients, and be one of the givers chuckling with anticipation, but there's still dozens of envelopes that need to be stuffed and schlepped off to the post office.

Thank you, Moem, for all the work that falls on you when one of these things goes off.

I've got an envelope from my neighbour, don't know how long it has been waiting for me ;-)

But that's good, so I was able to open it on Christmas. A very big surprise!

I've got:
English labels from Lamilla
German labels from Arvores
German labels from Inge1990
German labels and Slim Stickers Rainbow pack from Fifna
German labels and a Lapel pin from J4shaw
German labels and tiny stickers and Re-use labels from Sedna5213

That's Christmas with a lot of presents. Thank you so much. I like that all!!!

I wish you all Merry Christmas!

Thank you Moem for your statistics!

I made a comment about being winged until June 2019 and I suspected it could only come from this sweepstake. But I wasn't confirmed as a winner, so I kept quiet :-)
Today I received a package with BC supplies from a few Bookcrossers so, it's official. And I'm SO thankful.

I received from:
- StrangeEmily - two BC stylus pens
- time-traveler - a bunch of International Bookplates
- kiwiinengland - a cute lapel pin and lots of BC re-use labels (BC cards)

Thanks everyone, for all these presents and for the fantastic 6 months flight.
And long live BookCrossing! :-)

BC re-use labels

They're stickers. Bend them and you'll see.
They're meant for re-using envelopes and even postcards. You can use them for next year's Christmas cards! ;-)

Yes, I had a couple of them already. And, as we lack postcards on this island, I guess I'll make a few original ones (hopefully) :-)

wingArvoreswing 4 mos ago
So...
Yesterday I received two more packages full of generosity.
- Estelle1806 - 2 bookplates, a pack of bookmarks and a stylus pen
- gypsysmom - a pack of bookplates in Portuguese (designed by Necoconeco)
- MissHappy71 - a pack of bookmarks and a pack of bookplates in Portuguese
- Ganescha - a pack of bookplates (Citizen of Europe), slim stickers rainbow pack, tiny stickers pack
- Imawinn2 - a huge pack of release bags

I can't tell you how happy I am with all this :-)
I've been trying to promote BookCrossing since I arrived to the island, more than 3 years ago. There are no bookstores over here and the local library doesn't work so well. So, among other things, I have released lots of books in the wild. And I managed to "recruit" a new member :-) Just a few months ago, the public library created a LFL on the island (I like to believe it was because of all the fuss I caused with wild releasing). This means that all this BC supplies will help a lot on keeping promoting Book Crossing on the island. And I DO appreciate all your generosity.
Long live BookCrossing! :-)
Thank you all so much.

It contained a lovely tote bag, rainbow stickers and three packs of bookplates. I think it’s all from annimanni. Thank you so much!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.