[CLOSED] Round 5: Int Support BC's Supply Store Sweepstakes

Forum » (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
With the recent addition of Tote bags, pens and BookCrossing Day 2018 Bookplates to the supply store - Moem sure has been busy - I thought now would be a good time to host Round 5 of the Support BC's Supply Store Sweepstakes!

Enter here to be in line to receive something from the supply store.
As a sender you can choose wings, bookplates, pens, labels, stickers...anything.
You can decide now, or after the winner has been chosen.
Purchases from the supply store is a direct way of putting much needed money into BookCrossing.

Here are the usual rules (shamelessly copied from other sweeps, with some personal additions):

1. First you post here to enter.

2. Then you PM me with your mailing details (EVEN if you think I already have it!) and please put "R5 BC's Supply Store Sweeps" in the subject line of your PM.
If you enter as send only, please nominate another BCer's name to go in the hat.

3. On 26 May 2018, I'll draw two names. One winner and one decoy.
I'll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will be PM'ed with the name and address of the decoy).

4. YOU ARE EXPECTED TO MAKE A PURCHASE FROM THE STORE FOR SUPPLIES FOR THE WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKE, NOT JUST USE SUPPLIES YOU ALREADY HAVE - (labels, stickers, release bags, wings) but Wings are ok too - and your order delivered to the winner.

! Please make very sure that you are not ordering prenumbered labels for someone else.

! If your store order is being sent directly to the winner, please enter 'Order for the Support BC's Supply Store Sweeps' in the comment box when ordering, so that the Store knows to send to a 3rd party and not to the person ordering it.

5. Please don't let the winner know they have won, either by posting here or by PM, it's much more fun if the packages start arriving out of the blue! And please don't post here the name of the winner!
You can however post what you have ordered for the winner.

6. As the packages start to arrive, the winner must please post in this thread what it is they receive, as it's fun for everyone who's entered to see what the winner has got.

7. I will host the next competition within 12 months of the draw.
Let's keep this sweepstake (and supporting BC) going! :)

....soooooo..........Who's in?

Participants:
1) .........………….. - nominated by send only Poodlesister (UK)
2) BOOKWORMINUSALL (USA)
3) Delphi_Reader (Greece) - nominated by send only Sedna5213 (Germany)
4) Keeta1 (NZ)
5) Mcsar (Canada)
6) Hippolein (Finland)
7) Abi-Gibby (UK)
8) Brunton11 (UK)
9) Greenbadger (UK)
10) AlterEgoZoe (USA) nominated by send only j4shaw (USA)
11) Jeniwren (Australia)
12) Time-traveler (USA)
13) Cassandra2020 (UK)
14) LvsBtxPtr (USA)
15) Naamakarhut (Finland)
16) MissHappy71 (Germany)
17) Fifna (The Netherlands)
18) Andrasthe (Austria)
19) Inge1990 (The Netherlands)
20) whiskeyjane (USA) nominated by send only Diane-Fraser (UK)
21) Ghanescha (Austria)
22) Kihaan (Finland)
23) ApoloniaX (Germany) nominated by send only Cassiopaeia (UK)
24) Harobed82 (France)
25) Arvores (Portugal)
26) StrangeEmily (Greece)
27) Emmejo (USA)
28) Phoenix-Flight (The Netherlands)
29) Bookwormess (Finland)
30) Booklady331 (USA)
31) Annimanni (Finland)
32) MissMarkey (UK)
33) BookishPanda (The Netherlands)
34) Jackie700 (USA)
35) Icila (France)
36) CathrineB (Norway)
37) Estelle1806 (Ireland)
38) Pippis (Finland)

* Address needed

Link to the Supply Store: https://www.bookcrossing.com/store

2015 June - Round 1 - 12 participants
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/520720
Winners x 2: hippolein & iwillrejoice

2015 Nov - Round 2 - 22 participants
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/525312
Winners x 2: rahar109 & Boekentrol

2016 Nov - Round 3 - 12 participants
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/536111
Winner x 1: Poodlesister

2017 Nov - Round 4 - 24 participants
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/546644
Winners x 3: Lamilla, Diane-Fraser & Sedna5213

PM will be sent shortly.

I thought now would be a good time to host Round 5 of the Support BC's Supply Store Sweepstakes!
GOOD TIMING INDEED, J4shaw...Great Minds think alike!!! ; ) https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/551643
THANK YOU for hosting this again!!! : D
Sent you PM. ; )

HAPPY BOOKCROSSING DAY!!! : D

As one of the winners of the last round, I'll play as send only.

PM coming in a bit.

in as always

I'll join in again, I really love this site and it would be a shame to loose it :) and I'm sure every penny helps

PM to follow.

Just a reminder that you are expected to make a purchase from the Store for this Sweepstake, not just send supplies that you already have.
Orders can be sent directly from the Store to the winner so you are not paying double postage!
Just remember to please enter "Order for Support BC's Supply Store Sweepstakes" in the comment box when ordering, so that it flags that its going to a 3rd party.
It is obviously more than ok to make an order for yourself and include in your order some supplies for the winner and then send these on yourself.

That way the winner can choose something to buy.

I am a "send only", and therefore nominate another BCer to go in the hat.

Please ensure you send me your address details Jeniwren

Saw this on FB. Sounds fun!

count me in.... (this is just what we were talking about at our last meetup... we need to support BC by spending some money so they have funds to keep the website going)

count me in.... (this is just what we were talking about at our last meetup... we need to support BC by spending some money so they have funds to keep the website going)

I will need a PM with your address please

sorry. nearly forgot!

In less than 48 hours since starting the thread, we already have more participants than in R1 & R3!
Can this be the one where we reach 30 <<insert fingers crossed emoji>>!

I'd like to join in.

I may not have access to my emails at that point. Probably not until a couple of weeks later. Is this ok?

I may not have access to my emails at that point. Probably not until a couple of weeks later. Is this ok?

Sure
For example, I can appreciate that people's pay day may fall a few weeks either side of the draw, therefore so long as your order is placed with the store within 2 weeks of receving the PM from me with the winner's details, that's fine with me!

wingNaamakarhutwing 12 mos ago
First time
I'd like to join!

Will send a PN with my address!

wingFifnawing 12 mos ago
I'm in again
PMing you now.

Andrasthe 12 mos ago
Me too,
please

I would like to join :)

Still got loads left.
I see we can nominate someone.
I am the address holder for RABCK surprises and hold a few addresses. I choose to nominate whiskeyjane.
I'll pm her details later.
Thanks for organising again :-)

wingGhaneschawing 12 mos ago
Me too
;-)

PM sent.

So very excellent!

That is brilliant, it's nice to see a sweepstakes so busy and people wanting to help the site

PM on the way! :)

Count me in, please.
PM on the way.
Thank you!

wingAbi-Gibbywing 12 mos ago
Bump

I am in!

emmejo 12 mos ago
I'll join.
PMing you in a moment.

So very pleased!

I wonder how many more will enter before the closing on 26 May 2018
Please mention this to your fellow BC friends, at meetups etc

Pretty good going

Sending PM next. I hope to release quite a bunch this summer so it would be quite welcome if I win ;) And it's a really good excuse to order something from the shop for someone else :)

It's about time to give back something to the community.

wingbooklady331wing 11 mos ago
Count me
This is a good way to support this site we love.

wingAnnimanniwing 11 mos ago
I'll join!
PM on its way. I'm in Finland.

Good thing I've been having difficulty finalizing my Supply Order. If you haven't seen or heard the newest...there's going to be the first ever BC 24Hr Readathon in April of 2019!!! There are Themed Bookplates available now that I added to my Shopping Cart, and you may want to join in https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/551883 , and order some Bookplates, too!!! ; ) https://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookplates

winghippoleinwing 11 mos ago
Gentle bump

wingMissMarkeywing 11 mos ago
Yes please
Pleased to support this fab site.

If only because I had no idea it had already started again! ;-D

If only because I had no idea it had already started again! ;-D

I thought this was a MARvelous idea, Moem...and since I noticed that no one else had done so...I just started a thread there. Here's the link. ; )

https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/552274

I would like to join as well. It seems like a nice way of supporting BC and sending someone a gift :)

Thanks for hosting, J4shaw.

Still open
for more participants

wingAbi-Gibbywing 11 mos ago
Bump
Nice to see this sweepstakes doing so well

PMing.

Still open
Bumping up

CathrineB 11 mos ago
Me, please
Will send a PM.

PM coming up!

...can we make it to 40?

...can we make it to 40?

At least we're trying! I'm in!

...can we make it to 40?

Wondering if the 2 persons from the Dutch forum got on touch that said there "sure" and "Count me in" ???

As for many others, life is a challenge on a GOOD day for me, so while it has changed a few times since I first started putting it together, I've at loooong last...THANKS for your patience Moem ; )...just finalized and paid for my Supply Order (which by the way does NOT follow in one's account from one computer to another...and that's OKAY, just something new to share with others here that I learned about BC in the process)...and just in the nick of time, since the drawing will be held in just 2 days time. I was greatly surprised by, and very much appreciate, the generous $10.00 BC Supply Store Gift Certificate that helped me pay for my order that was sent to me by Jackie700...WHAT a DAY BRIGHTENER...THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! : D

If you are still sitting on the fence as you read this...there's still time to join in!!! : D

Currently 21 hours into a 23 hour trip back home, so will be drawing this when I reach home in a few hours time.

Currently 21 hours into a 23 hour trip back home, so will be drawing this when I reach home in a few hours time.

Home now but far too tired to do pms now, so might as well leave this open until I wake up tomorrow!

I have purchased a set of wings for the BC member in the email I Recived.

4 winners in total!
All should receive from 10 Bookcrossers (I will be sending to 3 of the 4 to make it up to 40 participants)

4 winners in total!
All should receive from 10 Bookcrossers (I will be sending to 3 of the 4 to make it up to 40 participants)

Thanks a lot for all your work 💛

Congratulations to all of the winners. And thank you J4shaw for organising this sweeps. I have ordered wings for my winner.

Message received :) How fun to have several winners! I have purchased a few months worth of wings for my winner :)

A great idea to have four winners. And I think I am one of them as I've just received a gift certificate from bookwormess. Thank you very much! :)

A great idea to have four winners. And I think I am one of them as I've just received a gift certificate from bookwormess. Thank you very much! :)

Yes indeed you are one of the four winners as well!
You should also be flying courtesy of Phoenix-Flight.
Congratulations to you.

Congratulations to you.

Ooh yes, my wings have been extended - thank you very much! :)

Congratulations to you.

Ooh yes, my wings have been extended - thank you very much! :)

:) My pleasure, enjoy!

Release bags and secret lives bookplates ordered for my winner.

CathrineB 11 mos ago
Order made
I ordered bookplates to the winner!

I ordered bookplates and slim stickers to the winner!

I ordered bookplates to the winner!

The bookplates are now sent. There's a few custom bookplates in the order, so I guess that's why it took some time before it was sent.

wingJackie700wing 11 mos ago
Order placed
I ordered a gift certificate for the winner.

Thanks for hosting, J4Shaw.

wingmcsarwing 11 mos ago
RE: Order placed
I sent a gift certificate too, so the winner can get what is needed.

Me too, a gift certificate is on the way. :)

Just ordered an extension to the winner's wings and a little something to arrive in the mail :)
What a great way of supporting the site, but also having a great rabck!

and some tiny stickers for the winner. Thanks for organising :)

... so I'll be sending an envelope with some stuff this week.
Congratulations to the winner(s)! :)

... so I'll be sending an envelope with some stuff this week.
Congratulations to the winner(s)! :)

Enveloppe sent today. :)

I ordered International Bookplates and International Yellow Sticky notes for the winner. Enjoy ~ and long live Bookcrossing!!!

wingAnnimanniwing 11 mos ago
Order placed
My winner will receive bookplates and stickers.

Thanks for organizing this sweep, J4shaw!

My envelope to the winner will include a variety of bookplates and stickers

wingestelle1806wing 11 mos ago
Order sent
I hope the winner likes what I picked: bookplates, tiny stickers and BC pen!

Congrats to the winners! :)

wingIcilawing 11 mos ago
Order sent.
Surprise pack for the winner. Congrats !

Internet here is not very dependable.

I am happy for the winner ;-)
I will now order

p.s.: please remind me "if this contest takes place again, I rarely read here

As soon as I learned about the draw I ordered the beautiful new BC tote bag. I kept in its original package, not to get tempted to open it and keep it for myself! Now it is time to get it folded again in a big fat Greek package to be sent tomorrow to the winner!

Just got an email from the store, with a code, saying that Jackie700 gifted me a BC Supply Store Gift Certificate! Along with it a message: Congratulations on winning the Supply Store Sweeps! This is terrific - I just returned to Germany, no job yet (but one might be in sight), so I can't afford BC store shopping at the moment... I think I need to watch my postbox now....
Thank you so much, Jackie700!
ETA: I just checked my wings... I think they have been extended for a month - by whom??????????????

Just got an email from the store, with a code, saying that Jackie700 gifted me a BC Supply Store Gift Certificate! Along with it a message: Congratulations on winning the Supply Store Sweeps! This is terrific - I just returned to Germany, no job yet (but one might be in sight), so I can't afford BC store shopping at the moment... I think I need to watch my postbox now....
Thank you so much, Jackie700!
ETA: I just checked my wings... I think they have been extended for a month - by whom??????????????

I can confirm that you were nominated for/entered into this sweepstakes by Cassiopaeia, and you are indeed a winner!!
I believe you are flying due to BookishPanda.
Congratulations and yes, do keep an eye out in your mailbox.

Note - some BC Store emails have been finding their way into junk email folders. Please ensure you all check this folder incase you too have received a gift certificate.

That would be me 😊 There will be a parcel from the store coming your way as well with labels and tiny stickers. Hope you have some use for them 😉

That's a funny coincidence, because I gave them too (as J4shaw correctly guessed). I wonder if they both have been processed. I hope you'll enjoy both of them ApoloniaX!

That's a funny coincidence, because I gave them too (as J4shaw correctly guessed). I wonder if they both have been processed. I hope you'll enjoy both of them ApoloniaX!

Up to now I only have an extension of one month, but if one of you has paid by bank transfer it might take a few days.

wow

I am very happy

oh today a little package arrived here
Thanks to
time-traveler
Jeniwren
Cassandra2010
Naamakarhut

for a lot of , bookplates, labels, stickers...anything.

juchuuuuuuuuuuuu ;-)

I hope I didn't miss anyone?

...yesterday

Not sure if this is because of this sweep or because of some other RABCK, but thank you either way!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.