CLOSED - INTL RABCK SWEEPSTAKES - MARCH-APRIL

Forum » (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Hello everybody! :)

I won the December 2017 - January 2018 International RABCK Sweepstakes , and so this is my turn to host... a bit late as I have been waiting for everything to arrive. I have many happy hours of reading ahead, and now I would like to make someone else happy with lots of books and friendly letters...

Here are the usual rules (shamelessly copied from the last round):

1. Post here to enter.

2. PM me with your mailing details and please put 'International RABCK Sweepstake" in the subject line of your PM. You can also choose to enter as 'send only', then you don't have to send a PM.

3. I'll draw two names, one winner and one decoy, by mid-April. I'll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will be PM'ed with the name and address of the decoy).

4. You are expected to send a book to the winner/decoy. If you don't think you will be able to send a book, please do not enter. It is unfair to the other participants if you only send a postcard (or nothing at all) when you expect everyone else to send a book if you are the winner. Please remember that this is an international sweepstakes, so you will be expected to send internationally.

5. Please don't let the winner know they have won, either by posting here or by PM, it's much more fun if the packages start arriving out of the blue! And please don't post here the name of the winner!

6. As the packages start to arrive, the winner must journal the books in a timely fashion and also post here what they have received, as it's fun for everyone who's entered to see what the winner has got. If books are journaled but no posts here, please let me know, and we will choose a new winner.

7. The winner will host the next competition of the draw (May-June). If you know you will be unable to host the next round, please do not enter. Let's keep this sweepstakes going! :)

Come on, I want to see many, many participants eager to play!!

Participants:
Bookwormess (Finland) (Received)
mcsar (Canada) WINNER (Received)
Bookfrogster (Scotland) DECOY (Received)
motherof11 (The Netherlands) (Received)
Icila (France) (Received)
jo_an_a (UK) (Received)

Send only:
Bookworm-lady (Spain) (Received)
Harobed82 (France) (Received)
Bjorg (Iceland) (Received)
Pebbletool (Germany) (Received)
Lamilla (Belarus) (Received)
Sakirmo (Finland) (Received)

Welcome, and thanks for being first! :)

wingbookwormesswing 9 mos ago
Yay!
I'm in! :) PMing soon.

I'm in! :) PMing soon.

Yes, lots of fun! Thanks and welcome! :)

Come on, where are you all?

Welcome! :)

wingPebbletoolwing 9 mos ago
I'm in :)
But for now only as send only, please.

too

Thanks and welcome!
Now we need more "full participants", or we will all be sending our books to Bookwormess! ;)

wingmcsarwing 9 mos ago
Alright.
I will be a full participant. I guess I will have to get reading now so I have something to send.

I will be a full participant. I guess I will have to get reading now so I have something to send.

Brilliant! Welcome, and thank you very much! :)

Bump!!

wingLamillawing 9 mos ago
bump

wingsakirmowing 8 mos ago
Well...
I just won another sweepstakes so will have enough to read myself, but I'll enter as send only.

I just won another sweepstakes so will have enough to read myself, but I'll enter as send only.

Thanks, and welcome! :)

lexbarbie 8 mos ago
Morning!
I'd love to join, but just to check I can fulfill the conditions: is there a specific type/genre/theme of book that should be sent?

RE: Morning!
I'd love to join, but just to check I can fulfill the conditions: is there a specific type/genre/theme of book that should be sent?

No - in this one you can choose freely what to send :)

No - in this one you can choose freely what to send :)

Thank you for answering!! :)

PM on the way.

PM on the way.

Glad to see you here... Welcome! :)

but I can't resist!
I'd like to join.
PMing you now.

but I can't resist!
I'd like to join.
PMing you now.

Thanks, and welcome! :)

Thanks, glad to see you here! :)

Bumping for more participants... the more, the merrier...

wingjo_an_awing 8 mos ago
I'm in!
PM coming now.

PM coming now.

Welcome, thanks for joining us! :)

Harobed82 8 mos ago
Bump!

I will be closing soon... :)

...as I will be closing today. Anyone?

So start looking for something to send... :)
One lucky winner will receive 11 parcels from 10 different countries, and we also have a lucky decoy.
Thanks everybody for taking part... and now for the fun part!

...I took advantage of my trip to the post office. :)

Mine too! :)

Will send
mine tomorrow.

So hopefully it will get there soon.

Woohoo!! I won this fabulous sweepstakes again.

Work has been long and stressful for the last couple of weeks. What a joy that beautiful books are waiting for me when things finally slow down.

I received from Sakirmo: Chronicle of a Death Foretold by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. An interesting book I read many years ago. Good time for a re-read. Thank you. And thanks for the beautiful postcard.

Also received from Bookworm-lady: About a Boy by Nick Hornby. I have heard of Hornby but never read anything by him. Thank you for introducing me to this author. (Thanks for the birthday gifts, which I love and will properly thank later in the birthday group thread 8)

for Wild by Cheryl Strayed -- a book I've been wanting to read for a long time. A very BIG thank you. Thanks for the chocolate, which was immediately eaten. The cat stamps are the cutest, and thank for the note too. (Note: The book is still on its way from BetterWorldBooks.)

The cat stamps are the cutest, and thank for the note too.

Oh, I'm happy the package arrived so soon. The cat in the stamp is my (now) 10 yo cat Pekka (also in my profile picture). My friend ordered the stamps for me years ago, I think he was around 4 yo at the time. I've been treasuring them, so I still have some left. :)

Oh, I'm happy the package arrived so soon. The cat in the stamp is my (now) 10 yo cat Pekka (also in my profile picture). My friend ordered the stamps for me years ago, I think he was around 4 yo at the time. I've been treasuring them, so I still have some left. :)

Oh, they are so much more special now. I felt so privileged to receive the treasured stamps. Your Pekka is so handsome.

The book has arrived. Thank you again, bookwormess. 8)

for The Momentum of Red by Monica Kidd. The book looks interesting. And thanks for including the cute kitty paw sticky note pad. I will enjoy both.

for sending me Phantom by Jo Nesbo. I love the series and I know I will enjoy this one.

Sorry I was a bit busy with organizing and traveling. You don't have so many space in a VW combi with 2 adults and 2 teens. :D

for Shades of Earl Grey by Laura Childs. I like the series and love to see how one of my favourite teas is featured here.

for three books in Claudia Bishop's Hemlock Falls mystery series and a beautiful homemade bookmark. The author and series are both new to me. I love mysteries and I think I will enjoy them. Your generosity is much appreciated.

The books are Marinade for Murder, A Touch of the Grape and A Taste for Murder.

for Let's Meet on Platform 8 by Carole Matthews. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11486462/

The author is new to me. I look forward to reading it.

Thank you Mcsar for The Alchemist which arrived in Edinburgh yesterday. What a lovely surprise. :-)

for Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death by M. C. Beaton. This is my first book in this series, which many bookcrossers enjoy. I am eager to get to know Agatha Raisin.

for Dear Amy by Helen Callaghan. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14899693 It looks like an interesting premise for a psychological thriller. Thank you for introducing me to a new author.

The last book has arrived. It is Last Rituals by Yrsa Sigurdardottir. I spotted her on quite a few wish list and I am excited for the opportunity to be introduced to her works. And to start at her first book, what a treat!

This round has been exceptional. I received so many great books from all of you. Some are by my favourite authors, some by new authors I am excited to try, and I am particularly happy to have received Wild. Thank you very much!

I will start the next round tomorrow. Hope to see you all back!

I agree with mcsar; you have all been brilliant, and this has been very successful indeed.
Thank you all! :)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.