The idea is that you send the winner a copy of the book you enjoyed the most in 2017. It doesn't have to have been published in 2017, just read by you in that year. Of course, if your favourite is inconvenient to send (if, say, it's a 900-page hardback) you can always send your second- or third-favourite. It's great fun receiving books you might never have picked up yourself, but you know someone has really enjoyed a lot.
(If you're a participant in this year's favourites roundabout, you might want to send a different book out for the sweepstake.)
Here are some rules (shamelessly copied from another sweepstake):
1. Post here in this thread to enter AND PM me with your mailing details. Please put 'Favourites Sweepstakes' in the subject line of your PM. If you are "send only", a PM is not necessary, of course.
2. I will draw 2 names (one winner and one decoy) on or just after 31 January. I’ll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will obviously be PM’ed with the name and address of the decoy).
3. Send the winner your favourite 2017 read. Please remember that this is an international sweepstake, so you will be expected to send INTERNATIONALLY.
4. Please don’t let the winner know they have won, either by posting here or by PM, it’s much more fun if the packages start arriving out of the blue!
5. As the packages start to arrive, the winner must journal the books in a timely fashion and also post here what they have received and from whom, as it’s fun for everyone who’s entered to see what the winner has got.
6. The winner doesn't have to host a new round. If this turns out to be a good idea, I'll host another one next year.
So, who's in?
1. Harobed82 - received
2. Abi-Gibby - received
3. mcsar - received
4. bookfrogster - received
5. elstaplador -received
Fifna - received
Lamilla - received