This sweepstake works in the same way as any other sweepstake, but here you send the winner a book by an author from an unusual country, i.e. one which is not too common, e.g. Libya, Mali, Vietnam, Honduras, Jordan, etc. Try to consider what could be unusual for the winner, rather than just yourself, although I'm sure everyone appreciates a good book even if it's not the most unusual choice in the world ;)
Here are the rules:
1. Post here in this thread to enter AND PM me with your mailing details. Please put 'Unusual Countries' in the subject line of your PM. If you are "send only", a PM is not necessary, of course.
2. I will draw 2 names (one winner and one decoy) at the end of January. I’ll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will obviously be PM’ed with the name and address of the decoy).
3. You are expected to send a book by an author from an unusual country to the winner. You may include other small gifts if you wish, but sending the book itself is MANDATORY. Please remember that this is an international sweepstake, so you will be expected to send INTERNATIONALLY.
4. Please don’t let the winner know they have won, either by posting here or by PM, it’s much more fun if the packages start arriving out of the blue!
5. As the packages start to arrive, the winner must journal the books in a timely fashion and also post here what they have received and from whom, as it’s fun for everyone who’s entered to see what the winner has got.
6. The winner will host the next round. If you know you will be unable to host the next round, please do not enter. Let’s keep this sweepstake going :)
Who's in? Come join!
mcsar - RECEIVED
Annimanni - RECEIVED
sedna5213 - RECEIVED
kiwiinengland - RECEIVED
J4shaw - RECEIVED
Edwardstreet - RECEIVED
sakirmo - RECEIVED
conto - RECEIVED
bookfrogster - RECEIVED
yorkshire-lass - RECEIVED
Andrea99 - RECEIVED