CLOSED International Sweets Sweeps!

Forum » (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
It's my turn to host a round of the 🍬🍭 International Sweets Sweeps! 🍭🍬

Rules:

1. Post here in this thread to enter. If you are diabetic, lactose intolerant or have an allergy to peanuts for example, please put it in your post. Also tell us what you really don't like.

2. Then PM me with your mailing details and please put ”Sweets-Sweeps” in the subject line of your PM. If you wish, you can also enter as SEND ONLY and then you do not need to send your mailing info, just post in the thread
OR send me the name and address of a surrogate to be a winner if you want your name added to the draw. It will be kept secret if you wish.

3. I'll draw two names out of the ”hat” One winner and one decoy. I'll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will be PM'ed with the name and address of the decoy).

4. You are expected to send some sweets, chocolate, cookies... and if you want, a book. If you don't think you will be able to send some sweets please do not enter. Please remember that this is an international sweepstakes, so you will be expected to send INTERNATIONALLY. You can also just order something online for less than the cost of postage!

5. Please don't let the winner know they have won, either by posting here or by PM, it's much more fun if the packages start arriving out of the blue!

6. The winner must journal any books in a timely fashion and also post here what they have received and from whom, as it's fun for everyone who's entered to see what You have received.

7. The winner must host the next round within 6 months of the draw.

I will make the draw when we have enough participants - at the latest by the middle of November.

Entered:
Olivia_Lo
sakrimo
Abi-Gibby
kangaroo
bookwormess
LESEHEST
susanna_koh
EmmaOlivia
Panzeranzi

Send only:
Poodlesister
yorkshire-lass
elis-fromSweden

I'm not allergic to anything, but I don't fancy licorice.

wingsakirmowing 1 yr ago
Count
me in :)

I'm in

wingPoodlesisterwing 1 yr ago
Bump

:-)

Thank you for entering this sweepstake.

Thank you for your pm's with addresses: sakrimo and Olivia Lo
Thank you for your send only entries: Poodlesister and yorkshire-lass

I'm not allergic to anything but I'm not a big fan of whole nuts/ fruit/ peanuts in chocolate . Please NO twinkies

Thank you Abi-Gibby for your entry I have received your address too.

This sweepstakes need more people to participate. It is really fun (to be the winner) so don't miss out!

Love sweets and Sweeps ...

PM will flow shortly. :)

bookwormess 1 yr ago
Bump!
Join the fun!

Not long left to join!

I am vegetarian so no gelatine please. Otherwise all chocolate goes down a treat ;)

Thank you, kangaroo, bookwormess and LESEHEST for entering. I have received your addresses and added you to the list.

I'll keep this open till the weekend and pick the winner then.

First time for me :)

First time for me :)

Welcome!

Does anyone else want to join?

I'd like to join!

I'd like to join!

No, not too late. I've entered your name to the draw.

Thanks! :)

I´d like to join!

I´d like to join!

Welcome!

In one hour I'll make the draw...

The winner and the decoy have been drawn with the help of random.org. Messages with addresses have been sent to all of you so let me know if you haven't got it. I look forward to hear the shouts from the winner and decoy once they realize.

Until then, have a great weekend!

Will hopefully get package out on Monday :)

Hope the lucky winner likes it :-)

wingsakirmowing 1 yr ago
Mine
was also sent this morning

LESEHEST 1 yr ago
Sent

I sent box yesterday, late afternoon! Excited! Hope they like it!

By airmail, so may take a few weeks.

:-)

Panzeranzi 1 yr ago
Sent
=)

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!! Oh my gosh!!! I think I may have won Sweets Sweeps!!!! I'm SO excited!!!!! I brought in the mail last night after work & it was just the usual stuff, but this morning there were 3 international packages in the mailbox!!! The mail person must have brought them separately! I'm SO excited I haven't even opened them yet! LOL! I had to leave for work & didn't want to rush through opening them. I love even just looking at the packages! The stamps from Finland & Norway!! The stickers from London (poodlesister)!! I'm thrilled & want to share this with my teen sons, so will likely open them after work today!! Thank you SO much!!! I'll post more as packages arrive & we open them!!! SO excited!! Can you tell? ;> This is SO much fun!!! Thank you new BookCrossing Friends!!! :>

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!! Oh my gosh!!! I think I may have won Sweets Sweeps!!!! I'm SO excited!!!!! I brought in the mail last night after work & it was just the usual stuff, but this morning there were 3 international packages in the mailbox!!! The mail person must have brought them separately! I'm SO excited I haven't even opened them yet! LOL! I had to leave for work & didn't want to rush through opening them. I love even just looking at the packages! The stamps from Finland & Norway!! The stickers from London (poodlesister)!! I'm thrilled & want to share this with my teen sons, so will likely open them after work today!! Thank you SO much!!! I'll post more as packages arrive & we open them!!! SO excited!! Can you tell? ;> This is SO much fun!!! Thank you new BookCrossing Friends!!! :>

I'm so happy for you. It is such good times opening all those packages. Do savor the moment and do it with your sons. Hopefully you can all find stuff you like inside those packages.

Apparently I'm the decoy. Thank you so much EmmaOlivia for sending me huge parcel with basically everything! Oh dear, It was quite a lot.

It was great to receive some American sweets that I've never seen before. There was Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, a White KitKat, a Butterfinger bar, a Twix, a Skor bar, a 100 Grand bar and Fannie May's Trinidad, Mini Pixies and Mint Meltaway. And, on the top of it all, huge Hershey Kiss, 41 grams (1.45 oz)!!

There was also Christmas issue of The Oprah Magazine and "Love the One You're With" by Emily Giffin. The magazine was amazing as I'm quite a Christmas lover, this year I went nuts over Christmas in the beginning on November...

Thank you so much! Wish you'll have a wonderful holiday season!

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14797590

You're very welcome! Hope I didn't overwhelm you with my gifts! It was so much fun choosing American treats to send to a new Finnish friend! Very glad you like everything! Happy Holidays! :>

Yesterday two more international parcels arrived! This time from Taiwan, filled with candies in such interesting packaging! My sons & I love studying the writing & designs, as well as tasting everything, of course! And a package from Sweden! Many sweet treats, including a Plopp bar my son is very excited about! Evidently he watches a YouTuber from Sweden called CutiePie & this guy often mentions Plopp candy bars. :> We are having an awesome time checking the mailbox each day, opening packages to find such interesting & sweet treats from all over the world! Everyone is so generous! Thank you for plastic BC bags, bookmarks, postcards, notes, BC bookplates! SO nice & so much fun for us! Happy Holidays Sweets Sweeps Friends!

Big milk chocolate bar, other sweet treats & nice note from Great Britain! Thanks so much! We're really enjoying not only the candy, but the thoughtful notes, the packaging, the stamps...all the details! :>

Will you let us know the BC members that have sent you something so we know whose given you what

Hello Abi-Gibby!
I will certainly do my best! Not everyone included their BC "handle" in their package, but I think I can figure it out. I'm new here & not sure of etiquette in postings or sending thanks. :-} I've sent several BC members private messages to thank them for special packages/gifts. Wasn't sure if I should post specific things received from specific BC members on this thread or not, so I've tried to post things received in general from different countries.
I'll post more soon! Thanks everyone! :)

Please forgive me...I kept everything together with each shipping envelope/box for days on the end of our table...so we'd easily see which sweets came from which person/place...but, as I thanked people in private messages & in general on here...& as we sampled candy...things have gotten a bit jumbled on our table now. :-} Doing my best...
I've received packages from:
Kangaroo in London (Cornish fudge! Lil' Book of Hugs)
Olivia Lo in Taiwan (bubblegum, choc biscuits, milk rolls, caramels)
Abi-Gibby in Great Britain (Belgian choc butterscotch, lollipops, card)
Lesehest in Norway ( Troika & Firklover choc, post cards)
Sakirmo in Finland ( very interesting chocolates/sweets)
Poodlesister in London (Cadbury's, BC labels, BC bag, bookmark :)
Panzeranzi in Sweden ( Plopp bar, post card, gingerbread candy, marshmallow candies)
So sweet & generous of everyone! Thank you so much!
Please forgive me if I'm missing someone!

Received a pkg yesterday from Kent! Opening tonight with my sons! Thanks much! Happy Holidays!

My boys & I love the Cadbury & sweet/sour candies that remind them of Jolly Ranchers strips and the darling book of cozy puddings! My Swedish, German & Scottish grandparents often baked cakes that had a warm sauce to pour over them & called them puddings. I have a great fondness for "puddings"! Thanks for darling gnome card! Love gnomes too! Take good care & Happy Holidays in the UK!

I know it's only 5 months since the draw but I'm really looking forward to it. :)

I did email the winner and the winners was saying life was hectic and shed sort it out shortly after Easter, I have tried again recently with no answer

I did email the winner and the winners was saying life was hectic and shed sort it out shortly after Easter, I have tried again recently with no answer

Maybe I will run it if we hear nothing by the end of April.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.