Round 3: Int: Support BC's Supply Store Sweeps

Forum » (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Ran this in June & November 2015, and after seeing 2 separate mentions of it (Abi-Gibby & Poodlesister), I thought now would be a great time to host Round #3!

Enter here to be in line to receive something from the supply store.
As a sender you can choose wings, bookplates, labels, stickers...anything.
You can decide now, or after the winner has been chosen.
Purchases from the supply store is a direct way of putting much needed money into BookCrossing.

Here are the usual rules (shamelessly copied, with some personal additions):

1. First you post here to enter.

2. Then you PM me with your mailing details (EVEN if you think I already have it!) and please put "R3 BC's Supply Store Sweeps" in the subject line of your PM.
If you enter as send only, nominate another BCer's name to go in the hat.

3. On 4 December 2016, I'll draw two names. One winner and one decoy.
I'll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will be PM'ed with the name and address of the decoy).

4. You are expected to make a purchase from the supply store - supplies are preferred (labels, stickers, release bags, wings) but Wings are ok too - and your order delivered to the winner.

5. Please don't let the winner know they have won, either by posting here or by PM, it's much more fun if the packages start arriving out of the blue! And please don't post here the name of the winner!
You can however post what you have ordered for the winner.

6. As the packages start to arrive, the winner must post in this thread what it is they receive, as it's fun for everyone who's entered to see what the winner has got.

7. I will host the next competition within 4-6 months of the draw.
Let's keep this sweepstake (and supporting BC) going! :)

Store Specials
- 1 Month of Wings on non-Wings Purchases over $40!
- 3 Months of Wings for $12!
- Temporary Price Reduction for Bookplates ($14.95 down from $16.95)
- Temporary Price Reduction for Official Stickers ($5.95 down from $6.95)
- Temporary Price Reduction for Econo Labels ($7.95 down from $8.95)

I'll close this off on 4 December, so together we can make the supply store busy in December!

If you want to participate, but want to be "send only" please nominate a person to go in the draw.

Whose in?

Participants:
✔ 1) iwillrejoice
✔ 2) catsalive
✔ 3) hippolein
∑ 4) Poodlesister
✔ 5) redfox5
✔ 6) chamonix44 (nominated by Chremajora)
✔ 7) Diane-Fraser
✔ 8) Nataliec7
9) CanticleLost
✔ 10) Sakirmo
✔ 11) Keeta1
✔ 12) Bookstogive

This was fun!

I'll play.

winghippoleinwing 2 yrs ago
I'm back
Great to find this again

Thanks for organising round 3, this is one of my favourites.

redfox5 2 yrs ago
me please!

and I nominate chamonix44 to enter in the draw in my place :)

Thanks for organising :)

Nataliec7 2 yrs ago
I'll enter
Thanks for organising.

So good of you!

wingJ4shawwing 2 yrs ago
Bump

wingPoodlesisterwing 2 yrs ago
Bump
One last time!

wingsakirmowing 2 yrs ago
I guess
this one's still open, so I'm in too!

I'll play too :)
Thanks.

wingbookstogivewing 2 yrs ago
I'm in
if you have not drawn yet I'll jump in, thanks!

Please check your inbox for a PM from me.
Sorry for the delay in drawing, I've been away from internet for a lot of the past few weeks.

Items ordered for the winner: labels, stickers and release bags, enjoy!

From my collection and I will order more from the store to stock up. Sending Tuesday as I will be stuck in the office all day tomorrow.

From my collection and I will order more from the store to stock up.
Me too. Assorted bookplates & stickers on their way to the winner.
Nice excuse for a big supply purchase - I haven't bought any new bookplates for a while.

Some custom labels and some round yellow stickers :) Enjoy :)

wingsakirmowing 2 yrs ago
Supply store
was not collaborating with me for an unknown reason, so after three days of trying to order stickers I gave up & ordered 3 months of wings instead - at least that feature worked :)

was not collaborating with me for an unknown reason, so after three days of trying to order stickers I gave up & ordered 3 months of wings instead - at least that feature worked :)

So pleased to hear it's not just me. I battled with the store all day yesterday, with no result, so am going to try again today. I thought it was my computer playing up again.

So I am wondering if I am the decoy or the winner? Or maybe someone else has gifted me wings. Either way it's very nice!

Chremajora 2 yrs ago
I've just
placed an order for book plates. Enjoy!

for stickers and labels.
Congratulations and have fun :)

For a sheet of round Ballycumbers stickers and loads of BC labels with great designs that I've never seen before. They are all beautiful designs but I especially love the cats with books designs.

Mine will be with winner as soon as I have my delivery.

The last postal delivery before Christmas included a supply store package containing loads of release bags, Secret Lives of Books BC labels and a pack of stickers (mixed colours). Thanks for a great selection of supplies. I will have to do some properly wild releases (as opposed to semi-wild ones into LFLs).

For the three month wings extension! Much appreciated.

On my return from a New Year trip to the south coast I received a bumper Supply Store delivery with 3 separate orders

Thank you redfox5 for the lovely cat custom labels and lots of round Ballycumber BC stickers. I had a black and white cat (Felix - very original name!) who I still miss.

Thank you Chremajora for the great variety of bookworm and reading women custom labels and lots of the round Ballycumber stickers.

Thank you keeta1 for lots of BC labels and for the set of multi-coloured rectangular BC stickers.

I will enjoy using them all.

Participants:
1) iwillrejoice

Hmm, I see I have no checkmark. I did send some wings.

Your post prompted me to check my wings expiry date. Looks like I have received another wings extension (after sakirmo's). Thanks very much.

Your post prompted me to check my wings expiry date. Looks like I have received another wings extension (after sakirmo's). Thanks very much.

You are welcome. Enjoy!

Supplies are also on order so some more stickers will be finding there way to you shortly!

Supplies are also on order so some more stickers will be finding there way to you shortly!

Thanks Diane-Fraser!

Sorry for delay, probably a bit slower due to all the Christmas and New year bank holidays. Estimated delivery time of 21 days. Promise you'll get some supplies eventually!!

No problem! Thanks very much.

I must be the decoy.

I received a great collection of supplies, including bookplates (I particularly like C is for Cat, of course), post-its, stickers, bags & bookmarks.

I only wished I'd had more cat labels to send you. I'm going to create a label with my much-missed black and white kitty Felix on it. C is for Cat was designed by LittleWhiteBird (so presumably her cat?)

I must get around to doing one of my own... one of these days...

sorry, I completely missed this in the stress around Christmas and New Year. Just ordered something ...

@Poodlesister: you should get a gift card for the supply store as soon as they get the order processed ...

Thank you hippolein!

@Poodlesister: you should get a gift card for the supply store as soon as they get the order processed ...

Thanks very much - the code arrived by email. My niece is designing me a picture to create a custom label so I will use the gift voucher to order some of those!

Thank you j4shaw for the surprise package of Oslo BC Convention labels which I have been looking at in the Store and thinking about buying, not just because I am going to Oslo but also because I really like the design.

If you want me to organise Round 4 in a few months, I am more than happy to do so.

ETA I just realised that I also have some in (I presume) Norwegian as well as English! Brilliant!!!!! Thank you so much!

I think I have had an extra month's wings added, even taking into account everyone who has told me on the thread. Thank you to whoever it was.

I went through the order process but there is not an order history for Poodlesister, even though her address info is now in my address book --- I don't know how to tell if it went through or not, but I guess I'll have to wait and see if anything comes out of my account. Also, I'm sorry that my store supply gift is so late compared to others!

Don't worry about being late! If you use the Contact Us button at the bottom of the BC website you can check out whether your order went through. I have had to use PayPal recently to gift wings rather than my credit card as the payment wouldn't go through.

I still see nothing on my statement and clearly you haven't received what I thought I sent! Will get it sorted out!

wingDiane-Fraserwing 2 yrs ago
Update
As my order of 4th January still hadn't arrived I chased it up. There appears to have been a glitch with it and it hadn't been shipped and wasn't on the list to be either. My query has been resolved promptly and today I have received notification that it is definitely on it's way to me now :-)

Thank you! :)

For the Secret Lives BC labels which I love, BC Ballycumber stickers for front covers and lots of tiny stickers. All very useful as well as easy on the eye. Also a lovely postcard of the Stairway to the Moon in Port Hedland.

A envelope was waiting for me when I returned home from work. Round Ballycumber stickers and two colours of the rectangular stickers, plus Oslo Convention bookplates, I'm Free BC post its and lots of the brilliant Secret Lives of Books bookplates (classic!). I love the way this sweep has been spread out so the enjoyment is extended. Great stamp too which reminds me of my Rugby World Cup trip to St James Park to see Scotland v Samoa with my brother. That was a fantastic day so good memories!

Great stamp too which reminds me of my Rugby World Cup trip to St James Park to see Scotland v Samoa with my brother. That was a fantastic day so good memories!

Funny I remembered you had been up for that when I was sticking it on . Found the stamp in the bottom of my drawer where it had obviously been waiting for the right recipient ;-)

From hippolein and I finally created some labels with a photo of my cat Felix who will now travel the world in books (once my order arrives).

From hippolein and I finally created some labels with a photo of my cat Felix who will now travel the world in books (once my order arrives).

Felix looks very fine & felix.

LvsBtxPtr 2 yrs ago
Yay!
I'd like to join in.

Too late for this round! Next time?

Oops, missed the date in the original text. Sure, I'm interested in the next round.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.