Valentine's Day exchange. Intl & US CLOSED!!!!

Forum » (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness » Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Thank you DVG!!!!

Two fun books inside!
Glazed Murder looks like a fun little mystery, and there are recipes included! Looking forward to reading it! http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13806554

And my husband always talks about the movie Catch Me if You Can, so now I can finally read the book! http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13631069

Thank you, too, for the thoughtful additions! The decorated tissues, note-cards, and cozy socks will all be used and I'll be thinking of my BookCrossing friends when I do, and you KNOW the chocolate was definitely appreciated (and delicious!) Thanks again! I love the pen, too!

Thank you, oh, magnificent Princess, for hosting this exchange!

Complete Thread
Hi all,
It's that time again! As usual I got a PM asking if I was doing this again so guess I must 😉
So to participate what I need from you is a PM with your address, shipping preference and if you have anything special ( gluten free, vegan or other dietary restrictions) please let me know.i try my best to accommodate all shipping preferences, but it also depends on number of people who join!
We always have fun with this and have a good number of repeat bookcrossers who join us.
I'll keep this open until Jan 30. I'll then send out your pairs on the 31st to give you time to mail off your goodies! Most people do a book or two, candy or sweet treat f just a cute gift they think would brighten up their pairs day!
Look forward to what this year brings.

I'm soooooo in - thanks for hosting this fun exchange again Princess-peapod!

Happy to post anywhere in the world.

Meg72 3 yrs ago
Me, please!
I love this exchange :-) PM is on its way.

In again on the fun :)

HI77 3 yrs ago
:)

Count me in! ;)

mdm139 3 yrs ago
I'm in!
I can ship in the U.S.

Sent PMs to all so far...happy to have more so please tell your friends 😘

wingPoodlesisterwing 3 yrs ago
I'm in!
I'm happy to post anywhere.

Thanks for organising!

Sounds like fun for a chocoholic! Will ship internationally if absolutely needed.

I haven't been visiting the forum much, and my computer has been a mess of confusion ...

I'm in Kansas, but international is fine!

redfox5 3 yrs ago
me please!
Would rather ship UK but can ship intl if needed.

I would love be included. Thank you.
US shipping only please.

PM's sent to all...if you didn't get one from me saying I had you added drop me another PM pretty please. Thanks for the enthusiasm my fellow bookcrossers!

PM's sent to all...if you didn't get one from me saying I had you added drop me another PM pretty please. Thanks for the enthusiasm my fellow bookcrossers!

Reminder this closes on the 30th in order to give all time to purchase/ mail goodies out. Still room for more though!!!

wingethereawing 3 yrs ago
I'm in!
Prefer US shipping

dvg 3 yrs ago
I'm in!
I would prefer US shipping.

devon612 3 yrs ago
I'm in!
I will ship international. PMing you now!

Tomorrow is the final day so get in on the fun!

Still time to get in on the fun!
I'll be closing it this evening so you have about 7 hours to join in still ;)

In process of sending out PM's to all
If you do not receive one please let me know!
Happy Valentine's Day & happy bookcrossing

Thanks for organising this fun exchange again Princess-peapod! Shall start shopping!

Thank you!

I will go prowl the shops tomorrow. Thanks again for organising this

Preparing a package now!

So excited! Hope to mail by Wednesday

dvg 3 yrs ago
Got my message.
Gathering goodies.

Meg72 3 yrs ago
PM received...
I have to go shopping this week :-)

Putting on my thinking cap:)

To my mystery Valentine exchange partner. Hope it gets there by February 14th!

I have it all assembled, its in my car but I drove right past the PO today forgetting to stop.

Mine will be going in the post on Monday (I forgot o do it today)

Wow, that was quick, I received a parcel in the post this morning from MargaridaPires.

It jingles when I shake it! I am going to restrain myself and wait until Valentine's Day to open up my present. Thank you very much! I hope my parcel is as quick to arrive.

should be their monday

HI77 3 yrs ago
:D

Oh my god! I found the CUTEST card! I can't wait to send it! ;)

I do so enjoy reading all the posts from people getting the packages organized & sent. Hope everyone is having fun! I'm putting my finishing touches on mind to mail out start of the week.

part one has reach my partner :-)

Part two is also on its way since Tuesday!

Happily received a package today from chawoso, I can't thank you enough! Finally mailed off my package today, not sure how long it will take to arrive, hopefully not too long!

Thank you princess-peapod - this is so much fun!

I hope it arrives on time...

I have to confess that I didn't wait to open my package. Mdm139 outdid herself with all the goodies-I think I owe her a second package! She sent two books. One a wishlist book, Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. The other a Valentine book, Chocolate Covered Murder by Leslie Meier. Also in the box was St. Patrick's day cards, Halloween and Thanksgiving cards for me to use, thank you notes, some postcards you color, also coloring bookmarks as well as some Valentine bookmarks, Valentine napkins and socks. Candy and more candy! An amazing package. Thanks ever so much, mdm139! (pm'd about missing BCID numbers in books)

Yikes, it crept up on me....

:)

Thank you so much!

I got an awesome package. With the book The Invisible Woman by Claire Tomalin.
Heart scatter Table Decorations
Heart Garland
Heart candles
Valentines card
Rowntrees sweets
Hot chocolate!

I'm feeling the love :)

Mine will be mailed out tomorrow.

such a wonderful box. I got 2 romance novels, necklaces, seeds for my garden, candy, a welcome sign (already hung it by the front door), and gardening gloves (I don't have any so they are perfect). I love everything!

Thanks so much, Jenny, you really know what kind of books I like! Plus chocolate, a candle, lovely paper pads, all kinds of goodies!. My box is not going to be quite on time, but will go out on Friday. Thanks for your generosity :)

I got the nicest package today. Inside I found 2 chocolate hearts, a big Hershey Valentine candy bar, a wire bound journal, a very thoughtful wall hanging, a cute flower pin, a bookmark from Guatemala, a lovely red zippered pouch, and 2 books." All For You" by several authors and "Me and Earl and the Dead Girl" by Jesse Andrews. Thank you so much princess-peapod, I love everything. Happy Valentines Day.

Welcome! Yours arrived today & I look forward to opening my treasures tomorrow;)

Did you ever get a chance to open your package? If so, I hope you liked it.

Did you ever get to open you Valentine package?

For my beautiful Valentine package - you clearly put a great deal of thought into it!

This is what I received:

2 books - Carol by Patricia Highsmith & Nectar by Lily Prior
Red balloons!
Perfume
Gorgeous notebook
Lip balm (for kissable lips!)
Strawberry Cheesecake chocolate (yummy!)
Pretty Valentine card

Thanks again for your generosity, I love everything!

Your welcome! I really had a good time putting everything together :-)

For a packed Valentine's parcel full of lovely things

A book (My Best Friend's Girl by Dorothy Koomson)
A chocolate bar with almonds and a mini KitKat
A sweet little heart Valentine's card
A little red bag containing two scented tea lights, a pink pen, a pretty red patterned notebook and a double eyeshadow which has the right colours for me.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful present and I hope your postman gets my parcel to do despite the incomplete address. Fingers crossed!!! So sorry you didn't have something to open today.

the postman brought a big and heavy parcel on Friday, which I opened in the morning.

I found so great and thoughtful things:
- a big box of Bigelow Green Tea (one of my favourits)
- a bagful of assorted Jelly Beans (I think they will taken by my daughter)
- a bagful of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (I love them and they will stored away for ME)
- two very special lollypops named Root Beer Float and Cotton Candy
- 2 very nice postcards from Florida, one with Florida's Lighthouses. Some of those I visited a long time ago :-)
That's great, but not realy Vatentine themed, but I also found a very cute red and white Disney's kitchen towel with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse surrounded by many pink hearts. Also a notepad with beautyful hearts.
A great and very thoughtful Valentine's present. Thank you so much, devon612! You really made my day!

But there is another story. Some days ago I got a small package from Amazon and I knew that I didn't order anything. So I was a little bit confused. But it contained another surprise from my partner :-) She also sent me a wishlist book in GERMAN. It was the best choice she could do: Erinnerung an meine traurigen Huren by Gabriel Garcia Marquez (Memories of My Melancholy Whores). It's the story of a ninety years old man, who celebrates his birthsday with a whore and falls in love the first time of his life. GREAT!

I am so sorry that your package doesn't reach you in time :-(

Edith says: If you look closely, you will see that the peanut butter cups are a special Valentine's edtion also including a recept. ;-)

I'm so glad the package arrived in time! I'm glad you enjoyed everything :-) I tried to find treats that were made in America. No worries that your package isn't here yet, it's something to look forward to! This is so much fun!

I'll email you the BCID for the book. I forgot to register it!

So embarrassed the receipt made it into the box. Sorry about that!

Happy Valentine's Day!

I worked yesterday, so I received mine this morning! I received the book You've Got Male by Elizabeth Bevarly, a Valentine tea towel, Red Velvet Pancake mix (yum), raspberry biscuits (another yum), bath salts, tiny little journal, light-up Valentine necklace, a Pug Valentine card, homemade labels, cartoons, and a box of little roses. Whew! That was one stuffed box! Thanks so much, you made my day!

So I've just found your parcel sat in the outside waste bin after going for a walk
I recived a lot of chocolate yum yum love both Lindt and thorntons chocolate, I've had to hide it from my mum she keeps eying in up, the chilli flavoured lolly pop, a chocolate and strawberry clay face mask
And a book called the conjurors bird by Martin Davies

Pics in the journal entry
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13822353

Thank you, Poodlesister, for this lovely parcel.

I recieved:
- "Edenbrooke", Julianne Donaldson
- Heart-shaped chocolat
- Beautiful bag with owls, and an owl card and stickers
- Handmade Valentine Card (did you make it?)

I'm so happy your parcel made it! You have a great postman. My friend made the decoration on the card which she put on a little bag for my Christmas present. I loved it so turned it into a card for you.

HI77 3 yrs ago
:D

I struck gold! ;)

Thanks to heartthumper for another one of her amazing packages! :D

She really spoiled me and I just had a blast going through it. I found an adorable cat and mouse Valentines card with beautiful heart designed BC labels she made herself and I can't wait to use!

There was also a box of Chocolate Hazelnut wafers (I love these things too!) an Strawberries & Cream chocolate bar. I found 2 tones of pink highlighters for fun and little ceramic fridge magnets with yummy looking cupcakes on them! There was also a set of Valentines napkins (too cute!). And if that wasn't enough, I found a book "Don't squat with yer spurs on! A Cowboys guide to life" and "Where the Dead Pause and the Japanese say Goodbye". And both books look like just the type I like to read! ;)

Thank you for such a FANTASTIC Valentine's Day box, decorated with little hearts and kisses.

Inside, I found:
-“The Little Paris Bookshop”, by Nina George (a book about books is just my kind of read)
-Strawberry lip butter and hand cream (great for the cold weather)
-Heart-shaped candles
-Heart-shaped coasters (ideal for a romantic evening drink)
-A lovely bookmark, that is already inside the book
-A cute pink feathered pen
-An adorable postcard with a cat (I LOVE cats!!!!)
-And so many sweet temptations: hot chocolate, marshmallow and candy mix and melting hearts chocolate

I love everything. What a perfect exchange :-)

My pleasure. Glad your package finally arrived - I sent it over a week ago! We were each others partners!

Thank you DVG!!!!

Two fun books inside!
Glazed Murder looks like a fun little mystery, and there are recipes included! Looking forward to reading it! http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13806554

And my husband always talks about the movie Catch Me if You Can, so now I can finally read the book! http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13631069

Thank you, too, for the thoughtful additions! The decorated tissues, note-cards, and cozy socks will all be used and I'll be thinking of my BookCrossing friends when I do, and you KNOW the chocolate was definitely appreciated (and delicious!) Thanks again! I love the pen, too!

Thank you, oh, magnificent Princess, for hosting this exchange!

I was getting worried. I mailed a bunch of things and your package was the only one I sent standard instead of media and all the others arrived before yours! Glad it arrived and I'm happy I made you smile! =)

I am so glad that we were each other's partners! What fun to know I was sending to a BCer who I have shared so many good reads back and forth. =)

For those reading, I received some really fun goodies from Dove-I-libri! I received some cute socks with hearts and stripes on them, Key Lime Pie chocolates (yum!), a beautiful glass rose, heart napkins, red notecards, a book by Louis L'Amour called, "Fair Blows the Wind." I love them all. Thank you so much!

Thank you Princess-Peapod, for hosting this exchange! Its such a fun one!

I was starting to worry my box was lost but happily I received it Friday! I was so excited :-) Chawoso sent such a wonderful Valentine's Day package. I need to step up my game now that I have a better idea of how these work!

In the box I received:
Wonderfully yummy smelling heart candles
A small heart-shaped soap
An adorable little drawstring bag filled with Vanilla Raspberry tea that had hearts on it!
Champagne and berry bathsalts
Little puffy hearts (I stuck some on my cubicle at work :-))
Heart-shaped chocolates
Heart-shaped box with chocolates
A sweet postcard!!

I can't thank you enough. You really spoiled me! If we exchange again I promise to do better :-)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.