(CLOSED Winner picked) Int: Support BC's Supply Store Sweeps

Forum » (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Ok, here's one for you
Enter here to be in line to receive something from the supply store.
As a sender you can choose wings, bookplates, labels, stickers...anything. You can decide now, or after the winner has been chosen.
I've chosen to host this after a conversation with Moem that the ordering of labels has been slow this month.
Purchases from the supply store is a direct way of putting much needed money into BookCrossing.

Here are the usual rules (shamelessly copied, with some personal additions):

1. First you post here to enter.

2. Then you PM me with your mailing details (EVEN if you think I already have it!) and please put "BC's Supply Store Sweeps" in the subject line of your PM.
If you enter as send only, nominate another BCer's name to go in the hat.

3. I'll draw two names. One winner and one decoy.
I'll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will be PM'ed with the name and address of the decoy).

4. You are expected to make a purchase from the supply store (labels, stickers, release bags, wings) and your order delivered to the winner.

5. Please don't let the winner know they have won, either by posting here or by PM, it's much more fun if the packages start arriving out of the blue! And please don't post here the name of the winner!
You can however post what you have ordered for the winner.

6. As the packages start to arrive, the winner must post in this thread what it is they receive, as it's fun for everyone who's entered to see what the winner has got.

7. I will host the next competition within 4-6 months of the draw.
Let's keep this sweepstake (and supporting BC) going! :)

I'll close this off on 30 June, so together we can make the supply store busy in July!

If you want to participate, but want to be "send only" please nominate a person to go in the draw.

Whose in?

Participants:

GROUP ONE
J4shaw
Collectorkerri
Iwillrejoice
Jackie700
Bloedengel
Bascula

GROUP TWO
Diane-Fraser
Hippolein
Nataliec7
Faramir10
ILuvToRead2
emmejo

What a great idea. I'm in.

wingiwillrejoicewing 3 yrs ago
I'm in!

I'm in :-)

bloedengel 3 yrs ago
I'm in
but as a send only :)

wingBasculawing 3 yrs ago
I'm in too!
PMing now.

I'd like to enter. I have some supplies I purchased at the Oxford convention however think it could be time for a stocktake to see what I am running low on.

winghippoleinwing 3 yrs ago
great idea
I'm in!

wingBasculawing 3 yrs ago
bump

wingJ4shawwing 3 yrs ago
RE: I'm in

but as a send only :)

Bloedengel please nominate a person to go in the draw, if that person enters themselves, they'll then get 2 names in the hat.

emmejo 3 yrs ago
I'll join in.
I love this idea! PMing you in a minute.

Because there were 12 entries (including myself) I decided to draw 2 names.
That means the 2 winners will receive 6 gifts each - they will also be each other's decoy.

I used http://www.miniwebtool.com/random-name-picker/
The second hit, my own name came out, so I did 3 picks

Sending Pms now
Please feel free to post here what you have ordered for your winner, but don't give away the winner's identities.

I'll get started later today (work comes first ;)

I will be making up a little goody bag of BC supplies to send and wings will also be purchased for the lucky winner within the next few days

I did a stock take a few days ago and placed an order so replenishments should be on the way to me by now :)

book kit for 24 books ordered ;-)

Wings

Enjoy!

just noticed I got 3 months of wings :-) :-)
Super pleased, thank you very much!

(at least I suppose they come from here ... if not, just as pleased)

edit 20:20 4 months of wings :-) :-) :-) :-)

I've noticed it seems to take a while for things to go overseas from there, so it might be a bit before your stickers and bookplates arrive!

I now have 6 months of wings that I didn't have before! Thank you so much, if my guess is right!

and sent a package - Enjoy!

winghyphen8wing 3 yrs ago
Great idea!
I'll keep an eye out for this to come around again so I can join in. :)

The lucky winner should be receiving a little something soon.

And thanks also to ILuvToRead2 for the wishlist book (Cover the Butter), labels & other BC supplies, as well as wings! Can you tell I'm smiling???

... for the lovely package of BC supplies (release bags, labels, bookmark, etc!) plus wings! that arrived today! They'll be put to good use! Thank you!

I needed to reinstall Adobe Flash Player to get the "create your own labels" to work in the Store.
A pack of 12 personalised labels are now on their way!
Enjoy!

I needed to reinstall Adobe Flash Player to get the "create your own labels" to work in the Store.
Enjoy!

Thank you very much for the personalised labels, they look great.
Just a pity the store doesn't seem to understand the idea of gifted labels :-(
Now I received prenumbered labels registered on your account :-O
Well, I'll see what I register with them ... funny that your books will travel straight to Finland then!

Enjoy!

Thank you very much for the personalised labels, they look great.
Just a pity the store doesn't seem to understand the idea of gifted labels :-(
Now I received prenumbered labels registered on your account :-O
Well, I'll see what I register with them ... funny that your books will travel straight to Finland then!

STOP!
Sorry I've not had access to internet.
They were sent pre-numbered in error - ie not what I ordered.
They are sending you some more

... included a nice surprise from the BookCrossing store! A package of multi-colored stickers for the front of books, plus 4 beautiful labels. Thank you so much to my mystery benefactor!

... a BC Starter Kit. Thank you! A nice selection of labels, bookmarks, tiny stickers, & round stickers, all packaged in a release bag. Love it!

Bloedengel for the BookCrossing Gift Certificate!

Just ordered something I noticed I was missing from there ;-)

... for the beautiful postcard which arrived the other day, all the way from Tarawa! Love the stamps, too!

Thank you for hosting this fun sweeps!

the lovely postcard from Tarawa made it all the way to Helsinki!

My wife was all excited about it, had always wanted a penpal from there, but said a postcard is a great start ;-)

Thanks for doing this sweeps!

The Supply Store gift certificate arrived safely here.
Thanks a lot, still have to check what I'll order from there.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.