���� Australasia Wishlist Tag Game ����

Forum » (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness » Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

just popping in to alert you that the PrimeMinister's Literary Award shortlists have been announced...

http://arts.gov.au/pmla

for books published in 2014 - winners announced in 2016 apparently, so work that timing out...
categories include fiction, poetry, nonfiction, australian fiction, young adult, children

anyhoo for fiction

Amnesia by Peter Carey (Penguin Books Australia)
Golden Boys by Sonya Hartnett (Penguin Books Australia)
In Certain Circles by Elizabeth Harrower (Text Publishing)
The Golden Age by Joan London (Random House Australia)
To Name Those Lost by Rohan Wilson (Allen & Unwin)

and now back to your normal programming ....

edwardstreet to be tagged
;)

Complete Thread
with Man Out Of Time by Stephanie Bishop

The First Fifteen Lives Of Harry August by Claire North. TBR but reading next.

with Almost Love by Louise O'Neill.

In my case, please tag it forward if I'm difficult to tag :)

Maybe extend your wishlist? I can't find anything I have to send you, you see and I soooooo want to join in! I'm going to have another look now just in case...

Just keeping the thread clear as to who is next :)

Bumping

With Our Tiny Useless Hearts by Toni Jordan. Coming to you from Book Depository and I will post label to you.

With Wings as discussed in our PMs :D

with Mr Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloane.
It's TBR with a couple ahead of it, so thanks for your patience.

And welcome to the game tigergirlnz. 🙂

With November Road by Lou Berney. A terrific read that I thoroughly enjoyed.

with Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
Also sitting on the TBR stack...

with Lucky Jim by Kingsley Amis

Sitting on the TBR stack but close to the top :D

Good Bones by Margaret Atwood. It is tbr but up for reading after my current book.

with Atticus by Ron Hansen
Am trying your Fishpond idea. Fingers crossed it works from here :D - It didn't but I'll still send it :D :D :D

with Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Holden
Also tbr, and I'll send it with the other. ;-)

With Sing Unburied Sing. It’s TBR so there will be a short delay :)

I have lots to read so please tag it forward >>>>>>>> :)

with Killman by Graeme Kent as a tag forward. I was just about to tag Keeta1 on the International Wishlist tag but was beaten by someone else!

with Animal Farm by George Orwell
Will add it to the bundle... 😉

with The Neverending Story by Michael Ende

AND I'll add it to YOUR bundle hehe

bumping

Oh dear I feel that I have ground this to a halt for a bit. If it helps you any, I have no Official BookCrossing supplies at present. Maybe you have some sitting surplus to your needs? I could take Official Book Plates, Econo labels, stickers, release bags, things that might just fit into an envelope to make it cheaper to post? Being new to this I don't really want to be tagged forward just yet...

with book crossing supplies.

with Close Your Eyes, Hold Hands by Chris Bohjalian

https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15581862

;)

With The Memory Artist by Katherine Brabon. :)

Skip me as I have enough to read at present :)

With a book by an author on her wishlist which she has advised she is interested in.
The book is The Witch of Exmoor by Margaret Drabble.
I tried to read before posting but was not "grabbed" so in the mail this morning- hope you enjoy JW.

With The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman

Coming to you from Fishpond :D

bumping....

With "The Best of Adam Sharp" by Graeme Simsion

Sending from Fishpond

Thank you, and I see you're fairly new here too - welcome, you're going to love it here! :D

With The Boy in the Suitcase by Lene Kaaberbol and Agnete Friis. Ready to travel and I will DM for your address and post tomorrow.

with Close Your Eyes, Hold Hands by Chris Bohjalian

It is TBR so it will be a week or so before it is on the way to you.

with "The Silent Patient" or "Into the Water" will leave it as a surprise, TBR so will be a week or so.

with my duplicate copy of lucie whitehouse 'before we met'
ready to travel

;)

With The Overstory by Richard Powers. On its way soonish :)

with In a Fishbone Church By Catherine Chidgey.
An op shop purchase which I hope to read this weekend and will then pop in the mail for you.

Thankyou. The Wishchild was an exceptional read and would love to read more from this author.

With The Overstory by Richard Powers. On its way soonish :) I would love some wings.

With "Calypso" by David Sedaris

Sending from Fishpond

This Picture Of You by Sarah Hopkins. It is tbr so there will be a short delay :)

;)

I need wings however just tag it forward if I am too hard :)

I have been watching this game for a few months wondering when I could join in. I have not any of the Wishlist books on my bookshelf recently but I can do Wings, so here I am as a new member and to help to keep this game going!

Welcome to the tag game meganh! :D

Tagging you with Fateless by Imre Kertesz. Your wishlist lists Fatelessness as the title but it is the same book. It's TBR but I'll get onto it within a week or two.

My book arrived yesterday, thank you crimson-tide!

With 'Wherever You Go, There You Are' by Jon Kabat-Zinn

If you don't mind, I'll add it to your pile waiting to be posted (3 others) and get them out to you within the next few weeks. I'm assuming your addy is still the same?

with The PowerBook by Jeanette Winterson.
Also TBR so has joined the queue.

Yes, my PO Box address is still current, but there is absolutely no rush for you to send the books. :-)

I see CT has several Patrick Gale books on her wishlist so I PMd her and asked if she was interested in A Sweet Obscurity which I located in a charity shop last week having recently discovered the joy of writer Patrick Gale when I read A Place Called Winter which was amazing and is highly recommended. She is keen so it will be winging its way as soon as I have read it.
Thanks CT for the quick reply. Keeps the game moving.

I have "Tell me I'm here", I shall bring it to Norfolk Island next month for you.

Right back with All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr It too will travel to Norfolk.

Edwardstreet to be tagged.

with Tree Surgery for Beginners by Patrick Gale.
TBR with a couple before it.

The Whole Day Through by Patrick Gale. I will add to your stack. It is Tbr :)

off topic
i cannot seem to catch edwardstreet, nor meganh, or even crimson-tide

i go away for a day to contemplate what to send and the tag has moved on!
hilariously i have 'all the light we cannot see' set aside for meganh, and 'tell me i am here' for edwardstreet

as much as i love jeniwren (really i do), i'd prefer like to leave the tag open for someone else

on other off topic notes, i have a copy of 'the testaments' (atwood) - it is heavy as only the hardcover is available for now
- who really really wants it - HC for their permanent collection perhaps?

i'm thinking it is too late to mail it for a connection to norfolk island - my son is travelling back to melbourne this week, so he could deliver there - i won't be near canberra before 27/10

so maybe across to wa it might go - it is ready to travel as i have no plans to read it
feel free to discuss off topic here or pm me
the bigger question - will the mustang win bathurst today???

happy reading

Kiwi wins at Bathurst and at the Constellation Cup Ladyindigo.

I have retrieved a book I previously released at my Bowls Club and can now tag jeniwren with Harland’s Half Acre.
I am heading off to Norfolk Island (via a couple of days in Sydney) tomorrow so shall send it on my return.

Quick Lady Indigo, do it!

with any one (or more) of the tbr books i have which are on her wishlist
another pm sent today

i'm off to tassie in a week and shall be away til mid nov - part of my travels are solo so will luxuriate in that silent reading space each evening :D

;)

edit to add
sending ..
autumn laing - alex miller
and
the overstory - richard powers
both of which i'll be reading (on the boat) whilst away - so will send mid november when i am back on the mainland

With “What Kind of Mother Are You?” By Paula Daly.

Which I shall start reading tonight

With Between the World and Me by Ta- Nehisi Coates. This was a recent tag for me by Jeniwren. Nice to keep it moving.
Handed to KIE who is sharing accomodation at the Norfolk Uncon.

With Almost Love by Louise O’Neill which happens to be my current read so it will be on the way in a few days.

to keep the tag alive

tag jeniwren with my current read - white girl by tony birch

;)

I have The Arsonist by Chloe Hooper available and ready to post. Although I will wait a few weeks due to your holiday sojourn. I tend to hold up this game so anyone feel free to tag someone else if it means keeping the game moving :)

with The Sudden Appearance of Hope

It's TBR so will be a week or 2

with "Into the Water" by Paula Hawkins

with 'Lie with Me' by Sabine Durrant
ordering it for you locally...can you PM me your address?

and...
If struggling to tag me, happy for anyone to tag Lady_Indigo instead of me this round as she's just sent me 'The Testaments' by Margaret Atwood without tagging me, so I feel like I have been tagged in a way...!

with Death by Water by Kerry Greenwood

with thanks to tigergirlnz. 👍

With Lethal White by Robert Galbraith. Purchased at an op-shop sale last week. It's TBR and big so will be a couple of weeks away.

With Do No Harm by Carol Topolski

Coming to you from Fishpond - give me the ISBN when it arrives and I'll email you the BCID number :D

whilst people are peeking in here, i also invite you to join our secret santa activities - there are only 3 elves ths year and we have had many many more in previous years - where is everyone?

https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/564005

;)

With Just Listen by Sarah Dessen

Popping aside to add to a "bigger" parcel for more economical posting. :)

With Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng

With a YA book for her daughter.

With The Vegetarian by Han Kang. It’s TBR but a short book so shouldn’t be too long.

With "The Horseman" by Tim Pears

with "The Wanderers" by Tim Pears

with 'My Cat Spit McGee' by Willie Morris
-that's number 2 on your pile :D

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.