RABCK address idea

Forum » (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Hi

I have been mulling over an idea and although it may be a little rough at the edges thought I would give it a go.

Since the demise of RABCK.com a few bookcrossers have kindly volunteered to keep addresses so that we can continue to surprise fellow bookcrossers with books and gifts. All we need to do is PM the bookcrosser holding the address of the one we wish to surprise.

So here is my idea:

I start a thread containing details of the bookcrosser's pseudonym only and the pseudonym of the bookcrosser to PM for the address.

For example:

BOOKCROSSER......................... CONTACT (by PM) for RABCK ADDRESS
------------------........................ ----------------------------------------------

AliceinWonderland...........................MadMarchHare
HungryCaterpillar............................WinniethePooh
MinnieMouse.................................. Mickey123
SoandSo........................................WhoJaMaFlip

If you are interested please tell me (on here or by PM) the bookcrosser's pseudonym (NOT REAL NAME) who you are happy to release your address details to other active bookcrossers.

Remember to check that they are also okay with being contacted for your address and if they are that they are always informed by you of any changes to the details.

If I get any interest in this idea I will set up a brand new thread containing the details in alpha order and will ensure it is bumped up to the first page so it is always fairly easy to find.

BeckyLizz

wingJ4Shawwing 6 yrs ago
Yep
Diane-Frazer can you be my person?
Happy to return the favour ;)

wingDiane-Fraserwing 6 yrs ago
RE: Yep
Diane-Frazer can you be my person?

Yeah sure. I got your PM thanks. No need to return the favour I've already sent my details to BeckyLizz.

Question for linguistkris: can we do this for each other?

.... anyone want to buddy up?

HerbertLooby 6 yrs ago
Buddy
I'd like to buddy up plum-crazy

wingPlum-crazywing 6 yrs ago
RE: Buddy
I'd like to buddy up plum-crazy

Great stuff....will PM my address to you - & I'd best have yours :o)

Happy to "hold" a few addresses if it helps

Actually, there's a post on Facebook's Bookcrossing group about this (yesterday at about 8:30ish) So hopefully it will be back up thanks to Elizardbreath and husband!

"Guess what??!!!! Mr. Elizardbreath was in contact with skoopmanschap this morning and he's transferring rabck.com to us so Mr. Elizardbreath can rebuild it! Yay!!!! It's going to cost about $50 a month to put decent security on it but I'm thinking we'll just put a PayPal donate button on the sidebar and pray everyone pitches in!"

BTW this is a great idea too!! :)

LMAO!!! You posted at the same time I did!
I donated a few times in the past and would be willing to do it again.

LMAO!!! You posted at the same time I did!
I donated a few times in the past and would be willing to do it again.

LOL Great minds!! :)

BTW anyone that has my address has my permission to share if requested.

Actually, there's a post on Facebook's Bookcrossing group about this (yesterday at about 8:30ish) So hopefully it will be back up thanks to Elizardbreath and husband!

Great news - will look out for that.

I have everyone's address who participated in the Secret Santa's this year and I'd be glad to be the relay if needed and concent is given.
RubyRebel is also collecting addresses.

We could also restart RABCK.COM if everyone who uses it is willing to contribute a few dollars a year to keep it going.

I have everyone's address who participated in the Secret Santa's this year and I'd be glad to be the relay if needed and concent is given.
RubyRebel is also collecting addresses.

Thanks MissCyn.

If anyone wants to give their consent for either MissCyn or Rubyrebel to provide the details they submitted to them pop it on here or PM me and I will add them as your 'RABCK buddy'

Thanks MissCyn

I've had a PM from Diane-Fraser with permission to hold and share her details. Thanks! I am also happy to share my address but who's gonna hold mine? :-)

Yes, my husband is having the site transferred over and is rebuilding the site. No exact release date yet, but he said it should take him about 2 months. Hang in there a little longer, y'all, and we'll be up and running soon! :)

That's really great!!! Thank you!

PM me your details

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.