In need of Italian of English books for a big surprise

Forum » (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness » Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

thank you very much, will pm you :-)

Complete Thread
Hello,
I'm rodespringbal, a Belgian Bookcrosser. And I need some help. My cousin is a Master in Italian and Latin Communication and is doing a course in Italy right now. She pays for this study herself without scholarship. I want to realise a little surprise/quest for her. Because she doesn't have always internet or tv. And because she wants to practice her Italian more, I was thinking...

Who wants to send her an (Italian) bookcrossingbook that she can read and release afterwards? If you want to help me, but don't have an Italian book, an English book is good as well.

If you are interested in helping me, please pm me your address. I will send you an envelop with a puzzlepiece in it and also her address so you could send the book with the puzzlepiece to her. There are 6 puzzlepiece, I'm gonna send 1 of them. So I need at least 5 volunteers who want to send a book to my cousin.

I want to thank you in advance for helping me to set up this surprise.
Oh, she likes fantasy and romance-books but other books are fine as well!

Sorry, no Italian books, but I'm pretty sure I've got an English romance or two kicking around who'd just love a holiday in Italy. :)

thank you so much, I send you a pm :-)

I have no italian book, but plenty of english fantasy and romance books. I would love to send her a book.

thank you very much, will pm you :-)

I'd love to help; so I am PMing you my address.
It will be a nice surprise, no doubt! :)

thank you so much :-)

Should we just tell each other what we're planning on sending, so there will be no duplicates? (I know, chances are slim, but...)
I was thinking "From Notting Hill with Love, Actually" http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11816581 -- sound okay?

super! :-)

the book "The Pleasure Slave" after I´ve read it.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/6312138/

:-) looks promising

I'm tempted to join but I will not, because if I do, there will be little space for somebody who can offer an Italian book. I have checked and there seem to be no books in the Italian language roaming about this house. Except about 4 Italian/English dictionairies!

However: If you need someone for the game to happen, contact me, I can only join with an English book.

If you want to send a book, you can always do. I can give you the address (when I finally get it from my aunt) and send something :-) but no push :-)

But I have absolutely no idea what it is about nor whether your cousin will enjoy it.
Here's the link to the journal, and you decide:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11544083/

If you think she might like it, I can send it. :)

She can always release it in Italy if she doesn't like it. And the thing is: she is so focust on Italian she probably will read it :-)

She can always release it in Italy if she doesn't like it. And the thing is: she is so focust on Italian she probably will read it :-)

My thoughts exactly. Got your PM, will send at the end of the week with my other BC books to be posted. :)

Do you have enough participants ? I'm willing to join :)

all people who want to join can join :-) I can always make more false puzzlepieces :-)

"Countess of Scandal"
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11484575/
Loads of romance!!
I hope it's OK. :)

very much approved :-)

Thanks for the lovely postcard; the Countess will soon be on her way to Italy! :)

wingrodespringbalwing 6 yrs ago
:-)
oh yes, I forgot to mention, my cousin is in Italy till the end of June. So I will sending you puzzlepieces but not at once. So she has the surprise a bit spread :-)

thank you all for your wonderfull responses :-) she will be surprised :-)

...with the relevant piece of the puzzle!
I hope this brilliant idea will work out well... :)

such a beautiful message :-)

Possibly even in Italy already, as some other books travelling on the same date have arrived at their destinations. :)

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11544083/

she send me a message yesterday that my letter arrived and she is so curious hhihihi

I'd like to see her face when books start arriving "out of the blue"!
Brilliant idea, Rodespringbal! :)

wish that I could see that too :-)

my niece received a lot of packages already and she thought that that was everything hihihi not knowing that that wasn't even 1/2 of it :-)

my niece received a lot of packages already and she thought that that was everything hihihi not knowing that that wasn't even 1/2 of it :-)

*giggle* :D

aly24j 6 yrs ago
surprise
Here is the book I sent on Saturday
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/6788593
I hope she likes it!

thank you so much :-) she will, I know for sure

Will she journal them?
I know she has limited access to Internet, but it would be nice to know what she thinks about the books, if she's reading them, etc.

I will ask her
:-) It was a question I asked myself aswell

I will ask her
:-) It was a question I asked myself aswell

Thanks! :)

.....*drumroll* And today, I received a journal entry. :) Google translate helped me to figure out the Italian, and it was to say that she hadn't found the time to read yet (understandably!!) but was trying her best. :D
Thanks for the lovely idea, rodespringbal, this JE really made me smile. :)

je :) and I was pleased because I could read it without translating, the Spanish lessons are starting to pay of :)

A brief journal, stating "Bella Storia" (beautiful story).
Glad she liked it! :)

for helping me with this surprise :-) the emails I was getting from her where at least a big LMAO :-)

I will translate some thing she wrote

2 months ago: "On the desk of the studenthome was a PILE of envelopes and packages, I said laughing "all for me"... and guess what?! They were all for me! :0"

2 weeks ago: "A quick question: I received a lot of books, tell me, more coming? I can't make my puzzle yet. Oh God, I answered my own question"

I think my book arrived too. What does LMAO mean?

Laughing My Ass Off ;-)

and my niece is back home

but she wanted the books to keep travelling so she gave them to some studentfriends in Italy and they will make sure they will travel

and my niece is back home

but she wanted the books to keep travelling so she gave them to some studentfriends in Italy and they will make sure they will travel

Brilliant! I'm pleased to hear everybody (i.e. cousin and books) had fun and are continuing their adventures. :)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.