Who wants a postcard from Croatia? (Everyone's a winner!) ***permanently open RABCK!***

Forum » (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
I've noticed that quite a few BCers collect postcards. Well, I can't RABCK books as much as I would like to -- in part due to financial reasons, but mostly just because I want to READ all the wonderful books I've gotten before letting them go! *grin*

So here's an offer for all of you postcard collectors -- yes, ALL OF YOU! :D

PM me your address and I'll send you a postcard from Zagreb, Croatia.
Please use the code CROCARD in the PM title so I can easily sort your messages
out from the rest of the mail and especially from the dreaded spam catcher. ;)

I will be sending the postcards out in small bunches, as finances allow, on a first come first served basis (based on the order of the PMs I receive).

This thread will remain open so there's no hurry for you to sign up. If you're in the middle of a move (as some BCers currently are) you can always sign up after you've moved and settled in.

So, who wants a postcard from Croatia? :)

Sent so far:

• 14.5.2011. - Zagreb
chamonix44, Nakipa (for nismo), FeistyPom2Love, minesayn, raluk68, marilina85
• 27.5.2011. - Rab
nismo, kally93, NMReader, salvami, herchelle, etherea, Mysticalwarrior, chucklesthescot
• 14.6.2011. - Zagreb
sha, junequeensland, chucklesthescot, sharpquilter
• 4.7.2011. - Zagreb
Phoenix-Flight
• 2.8.2011. - Zagreb
ComradeCamper (for John), kally93, NMReader, salvami, herchelle, etherea, Mysticalwarrior, GoldenHind, bamaforever, mellion108, AyeshaRaees, smd427, Camikatzy
• 2.9.2011. - Zagreb
reijorland, pumpkinpussycat, cordelia-anne
• 5.9.2011. - Zagreb
Jujuks
• 19.9.2011. - Zagreb
ComradeCamper (for Mary)
• 4.11.2011. - Zagreb
bookowl1000

I'd love a postcard from Croatia as I collect postcards. Would you like me to send one to you from California? PM coming your way soon!

I'd love a postcard from Croatia as I collect postcards. Would you like me to send one to you from California? PM coming your way soon!

Same for me except I am from Ohio, and also willing to send one your way. It is National Post Card Week (based on some postcards I have).

I's love to exchange postcards with you, minesayn!!

Same for me except I am from Ohio, and also willing to send one your way. It is National Post Card Week (based on some postcards I have).

Received a wonderful riverside postcard from Ohio this morning!
Thanks, minesayn, it's fabulous! :D

raluk68 8 yrs ago
I do!! :)
What a generous offer!
I have a mini-collection of postcards and would love one from Zagreb! It would be the first one I got form it :)
Of course it will be a pleasure to send you a surprise card too :D
PM you ;)

5 cards written and ready to travel some time this week! :)

Thank you all for your kind offers to send a card in return. That would be fabulous!
I don't collect postcards myself, but I like travelling around the globe via postcards of other places from around this wonderful world of ours. And after I've had them for a while and admired them, be assured they do not go into recycling, they go to a friend who is a passionate collector. They will be in great hands! :D

Thank you vedranaster for this generous offer! I will send you one from Argentina. PMing you

Thank you vedranaster for this generous offer! I will send you one from Argentina. PMing you

Actually marilina85, yours has already been written before this offer! :D
Got your address off of rabck.com, but do send me a PM just so I check that it's correct. ETA (edited to add) - I stand corrected, you're right, had your address from before from sending a RABCK book.
Oh, and thanks in advance for the Argentinian postcard! :)

ha,ha, we were writting at the same time :-) Thank you for including me before joining!

Kally93 8 yrs ago
yes please!
PM coming.

NMReader 8 yrs ago
Yes Please
Thank you

Your postcards will leave after my next paycheck in a week or so. :)

salvami 8 yrs ago
I'd love one
for my collection. Thank you :)

Six altogether: chamonix44, Nakipa (sent, as per lovely request, to nismo), FeistyPom2Love, minesayn, raluk68 and marilina85.

NMReader, kally93 and salvami are next, in a couple of days. I need to buy new postcards. :)

Are you on RABCK?

Are you on RABCK?

Yes I am. Adding you to my list. :)

Please drop me a PM with your address even if you are on RABCK yourself, just so that I don't forget about you when the time comes for my next batch. I can be a scatterbrain sometimes. *grin* Don't forget the magic word: CROCARD, so the PM doesn't end up in spam.

What a generous offer! PMing you now:)

I'd love one--but not until you get my postcard from Georgia USA. You'll see it sometime relatively soon.

I'd love one--but not until you get my postcard from Georgia USA. You'll see it sometime relatively soon.

Okay, keeping my eyes open and listening for the doorbell.
Adding you to the list so as not to forget later on. ;)

nismo 8 yrs ago
Thank you
I've just received my postcard from Vedrana! It just made my day! Thank you so much for such an act of pure sweetness

I've just received my postcard from Vedrana! It just made my day! Thank you so much for such an act of pure sweetness

You're very welcome.
And don't forget to thank Nakipa. ;)))

... And what a fine morning it is! :D
I received a beautiful postcard firm Croatia! :) I truly like it - it's my favorite type of card: beautiful aerial views!
Thank you V.! I hope mine will reach you soon ;)

Well, I've been away for a whole week, at the seaside.
I had some free time and a little bit of extra cash so I decided to send the next batch of postcards from the place where I was spending my holidays. :)

The recipients of the seaside postcards will eventually get one from Zagreb, too.

And just to be fair, those of you who already got a card from Zagreb will get one from the seaside the next time I go. :)

Seaside postcards left on May 27th to: kally93, Mysticalwarrior, etherea, herchelle, salvami & NMReader, plus a few surprise postcards. *grin*

And when I came home I arrived to a stack of fabulous postcards from you guys! :)
They'll be going up on my wall for a while and then they'll be off to a friend of mine who is an avid collector of postcards.

Thank you marilina85 for a colourful postcards from Argentina.
The variety of different landscapes is absolutely fascinating.
Argentina is a VERY beautiful country. :)

Thank you etherea for the intriguing postcard of the supposedly haunted State Capitol Building in Little Rock. The blurb on the back says the building is a replica of the White House and that it has been used as a stand-in in many movies. I guess I'll think of you now each time I see the White House in movies. ;)

Thank you raluk68 for the wonderful postcard from Romania.
I must admit I love the type of architecture featured on the card.
Makes me think of count Dracula. ;) I know, stereotypical, but it's good memories asociated with my childhood... I used to looooove watching old Dracula films. Bah, I still love them! :)

And last but definitely not least, thank you FeistyPom2Love for such an unusual and colourful postcard from California. If the caption didn't say California I'd never believe it was from there. Looks very quaint and peaceful. A nice place to stay. :)

Thanks guys, you're awesome!! :D

for the beautiful postcard. Liked the two views of your city...thanks again! :)

I am glad you liked the postcard I sent you! Today I received yours :-) I love it, thank you so much, another bit of red in my map, ha,ha, you are right

I would love a postcard from Croatia. I will put it into my album with all my others. They are just like looking of a picture of the world. Would you like onr from Queensland Australia if so just pm me your address it will be my pleasure to send you one. Thank you for starting this generous thread. Have a lovely day. junequeensland.

I would love a postcard from Croatia. I will put it into my album with all my others. They are just like looking of a picture of the world. Would you like onr from Queensland Australia if so just pm me your address it will be my pleasure to send you one. Thank you for starting this generous thread. Have a lovely day. junequeensland.

PM-ed you for your address, and sent you mine. :)

Thanks, junequeensland, for the postcard from the Sunshine Coast!
It looks terrific... Wishing I was there right now. ;)

I received the wonderful postcard of the expansive Albertan barley fields. Magnificent! No wonder you want to be out in your garden now that the weather is nice! :)

.. of the "surprise postcards" !!!
From Rab of all places!!! In 1980 I was there for summer holidays with my parents.
This was a great surprise, vedranaster, thank you so much!

.. of the "surprise postcards" !!!
From Rab of all places!!! In 1980 I was there for summer holidays with my parents.
This was a great surprise, vedranaster, thank you so much!

Wow! It really IS a small world! :)

I've spent almost all my summer holidays there (as my cousins have a house there, in a little place called Gonar). Who knows maybe we've even met already! ;)
The island has changed considerably since the 80s - houses have sprouted up all over the place - but I still love it.

I love that !

I have never been to Rab, but I wouldn't mind going :-))))

I love that !
I have never been to Rab, but I wouldn't mind going :-))))

I know I'm biased, but I hope you make it to the Adriatic Coast one day, it really is beautiful. :)))

Thank you Vedrana! The Island Rab looks so beautiful I just had to Google it. The history of the town is amazing and must be fantastic to see.

I love the pictures of Rab, and I too will be googling this as it looks like such an interesting place to visit. I will be showing my postcard ( with great pride) to my neighbours who are from Croatia, I know that they will be thrilled as well. Thank you and I'm glad that you liked the card.

I'd love to send you a postcard from Canada. I have a box of postcards where each postcard features a book published by Penguin. You can read about it on my book blog.

http://www.heatherpearson.com/---/postcards-from-penguin.html

I also have a postcard blog where my goal is to send out a postcard a week.
http://sendapostcardaweek.blogspot.com/

I"ll pm you for your address.

It's a small one, as I've run out of postcards and stamps again. :)
Going on Monday (sorry for the delay): sha, chuckelsthescot, sharpquilter & junequeensland.

Thank you sha, for a lovely postcard of Pacific Beach in San Diego.
Looks fabulous. Wishing I was there... I ADORE the seaside! :)

The cathedral looks enormous! I love the man-made lake too!
This was very generous of you.

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-HSGHGSX8-D.jpg

The cathedral looks enormous! I love the man-made lake too!
This was very generous of you.

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-HSGHGSX8-D.jpg

It was my pleasure - a small way to pay back (or better said, pay forward) in this wonderful community. :)

My mom attends an adult day care center. There's a Croatian man who attends there, also. He always addresses me in Croatian, and I reply with one of the five or six Russian phrases that I know. He never seems to mind (or notice!) He would be so delighted with a card.
Thanks for your kindness.

My mom attends an adult day care center. There's a Croatian man who attends there, also. He always addresses me in Croatian, and I reply with one of the five or six Russian phrases that I know. He never seems to mind (or notice!) He would be so delighted with a card.
Thanks for your kindness.

Received your PM. Will choose a nice card when I get the time and send it your way. :)
Finding nice cards is such a challenge here. Our designers seem to be stuck in the eighties still. ;) I'll go to the kiosk where I bought the last batch and see if any more arrived.

I have been into postcards lately. I want to learn more about the world and cutltures. Send me which represents Croatia in some way. A landscape, a festival...

and thank you . you are really nice for doing this!

i am on RABCK.com

I am still collecting poastcards and would very much like one from croatia. P M ing you now.

You're both added. Will post here when the next batch leaves. :)

sent the pm cant wait to get the card.will send one back as well.i am a stay at home mom of a 3yr old and love chances to interact with adults LOL.

sent the pm cant wait to get the card.will send one back as well.i am a stay at home mom of a 3yr old and love chances to interact with adults LOL.

I haven't experienced that personally, but my sister sure has so I'm very familiar with the phrase "I want to talk to ADULTS!" ;)

You're on the list, will PM you my addy. Thanks! :)

I found a stray card at home, and since Phoenix-Flight needed a card (well, the stamps really) for a project, I sent that one before the others.

However, today I was pleasantly surprised by my tax refund so the rest of this last batch will leave some time next week, just as soon as I have time to pop into town.
Sorry, to keep you all waiting, especially since you've all been very prompt in sending your cards to me. Thanks for your patience! :)

Thank you very much, it's such fun to find a bit of real mail :) Seeing that ivy at the cemetary change colour in autumn must be a wonderful sight!

Thank you very much, it's such fun to find a bit of real mail :) Seeing that ivy at the cemetary change colour in autumn must be a wonderful sight!

I know! I love getting real mail. :)
Yes, the ivy at the cemetery is fabulous it turns all shades of red from deep and dark red to bright fiery red.

The latest batch is FINALLY on its way, guys and gals... Well, it will be, tomorrow.

Sorry to everyone for the delay, I was VERY busy and a bit skimped for a while... Well, still am a bit, both, but I couldn't help myself, I just HAD to finally send them.

Your postcard arrived yesterday! I love postcards that have more than one picture, like this one. It gives you more than one view of the region it's from. In this case Zagreb, Croatia, which looks like a beautiful place all lit up at night. I am now officially an "arm chair traveller"! LOL :)

Your postcard arrived yesterday! I love postcards that have more than one picture, like this one. It gives you more than one view of the region it's from. In this case Zagreb, Croatia, which looks like a beautiful place all lit up at night. I am now officially an "arm chair traveller"! LOL :)

Glad to hear the card reached you. I've been sending them snail-mail so it takes a while to reach the far away places.

I've also been doing a lot of armchair travelling myself, via all the wonderful cards from you guys! :)

Camikatzy 8 yrs ago
Thank you
My postcard arrived too. They've told me Croatia it's a beatiful country and I can see it in the pictures. You are very generous and soon you'll recieve a postcard from Meksiko (I liked the way you write it).

My postcard arrived too. They've told me Croatia it's a beatiful country and I can see it in the pictures. You are very generous and soon you'll recieve a postcard from Meksiko (I liked the way you write it).

You're very welcome. Glad it got safely to you.
Looking forward to a card from you Meksiko *grin* ... I think it'll be my first. :D

I am pming my address now. I will send you one in return if you would send along your address :)

I am pming my address now. I will send you one in return if you would send along your address :)

Received your card this morning, thank you! :)
What a lovely little lighthouse, and useful too, judging by the blurb on the back.

The latest batch of my cards, including one for you, left this morning.
Unfortunately, this batch, too, is going snail-mail instead of air, so it might take a while.

Got your fabulous postcard today - all Australian capital cities. They all look soooo nice. And the stamp is typically Australian too. Thanks!

I wish our postcard makers were as imaginative and creative as some of those around the world. I've received so many lovely postcards. Our designers seem to be mostly stuck in the 80s. Sometimes they even use photos that actually ARE from the 80s, or worse still - 70s. That is SOOOO 20th century! ;)))

sending you a pm :-)

sending you a pm :-)

Got your PM, bookowl1000, adding you to the list. :)

Going into the city on Friday, will buy more postcards and send off the one I still owe. Sorry, for the delay bookowl1000 - will PM you to check you're still at the same address.

If anyone hasn't received their postcard and is listed as sent, do let me know and I'll resend at first opportunity. One or two have taken their time to arrive at their destination, so there is still hope, but still... Some have also never shown up.

For the lovely evening city-scape of Atlanta. Love it! :)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.