**CLOSED** 'Historical fiction' exchange (INTL with shipping preferences)

Forum » (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
http://en.wikipedia.org/---/Historical_novel

Hello BCers!
Historical fiction might be my favourite genre when it comes to reading. I don't recall seeing any exchange like this one since I'm around, and I was really looking forward to organise something new :)

This exchange would work as any other normal exchange. Every bookcrosser who wishes to participate would send a book included in this category and receive one as well. If you have more to spare, one is not the limit. But don't feel obliged to send more than one, of course. Extra "goodies" aren't mandatory, as well, but if you want to, it's even nicer!
Both books you think your partner might like and surprises are allowed ;)

This is international, but I'll respect shipping preferences. Just make sure you tell me what yours are! Sign up here and PM me with your address.

So, who's in? :)

Libera13 (INTL)
PrincessRainbow (INTL)
VictoriaWagtail (INTL)
kally93 (CAN/USA)
DubaiReader (INTL)
Meg72 (INTL)
Releanna (INTL)
Bloedengel (EU)
Deltic (EU)
teggers (EU)
Moriquen (EU)
kalise (EU)
yorkshire-lass (EU)
Dove-i-Libri (USA/CAN)
stringofpearls (USA/CAN)

Hello Libera13!

I also like historical fiction and it would be great if I could participate. I would send international. I´ll send you a PM soon.

With kind regards, PrincessRainbow

Sounds like fun, I'm a real history buff ;) I live in Swden and can ship internationally

And I've got your PMs :) VictoriaWagtail, just don't forget to send me your address, okay? ^^

just don't forget to send me your address, okay? ^^

Ah, sorry :P Sending you a new pm now

I also really like historical fiction. Canada/US if possible please.

I'm a great fan of HF, particularly global HF.

Can send anywhere.

Thanks, sounds like fun.

DubaiReader

Meg72 8 yrs ago
Count me in!
I´ll ship international

I'll ship international

consider it a failure...

the trying that is ...

I'm in.

I'll ship international, but I prefer EU for the occasion.

PrincessRainbow, VictoriaWagtail, Meg72 and Releanna. kally93, no need for PMs since I've got your address still.

I'm glad you couldn't resist, Bloedengel :P So nice to see all these BCers who like historical fiction as well :) In my opinion it is quite an underrated genre.

Libera13 8 yrs ago
bump!

I've been trying to resist too, but this one needs a bump!

Europe only please. PM following.

EU preferred but can do int'l. pm following

Delta and teggers, I've got your PMs ;) Keep on coming!

wingDelticwing 8 yrs ago
Bump!
!

Libera13 8 yrs ago
RE:
Bump!

Thanks for the bump, Deltic!

Switch me to INTL ..... if no other US/Canadians sign up.

I'll keep you USA/CAN for now, if I close this exchange and no one from NA joins I'll make you International :)

Right now I've ony got historical fiction in Dutch available, but give me some time and I'll have read (what I hope to be) a good historical novel in English that I can send somewhere in the EU.

Great, one more participant! I got your PM and you're now added.

Keep on coming people ;)

if no other US/Canadians sign up.

Right now I've ony got historical fiction in Dutch available, but give me some time and I'll have read (what I hope to be) a good historical novel in English that I can send somewhere in the EU.

kalise 8 yrs ago
sounds great!
May I participate? I am in Austria and prefer EU shipping if possible. Thank you!

Libera13 8 yrs ago
bump

Count me in too please, would prefer EU shipping, but if that's difficult I could do Int.

Libera13 8 yrs ago
Both added!
Thanks for joining! Since there's been a regular number of BCers joining I'll leave this open until there's no more people interested :)

International OK if you can't match me up with a US or Canada partner.

Pm on the way...

Libera13 8 yrs ago
bump
You're all added! Please don't forget to send me your addies :)

?

?

As soon as there's a couple of days with no more people joining :)

Ok :)

I'll pair you all up and send a PM soon :) Once again thanks for joining!
And sorry for the delay in closing it, it's been a rough month :|

My book is ready and waiting to go.

Let me know if it does not reach you, as I've had lots of PM's go missing!

DubaiReader 8 yrs ago
PM sent
I have sent my address, hope you received it :)
Thanks,
DR

What's happening?

yorkshire-lass and DubaiReader, I have your adresses :D
VictoriaWagtail, I was missing some adresses but now I have all but one. I'm very sorry for the delay in starting this but I had an exam today and I'll be having another one next monday, so... well, exams are what they are, there's no need to describe how stessed and buried in books I am, I think you all can imagine :) So, once again, please forgive me, I promise you'll all have your partner's addresses by the end of this week. I have you all paired up already ;)

Don't let this be an added stress to the stress you already have. Wait until your exams are done and you've had a nice rest before worrying about this. Certainly, there is no hurry here in Canada since we can't mail anything right now with the postal strike.

I think everyone is just really looking forward to this exchange, but it's no fun if you're not enjoying it as well.

Don't let this be an added stress to the stress you already have

I agree :)

This really has been a tough time but I'm now back on track and officially on holidays :) I'm glad to say all the delay wasn't in vain since the exams went quite well, and I've entered a "healing the hangover process" - hangover because of so much study, I mean :o) I could actually feel my eyes twitch the night before the last exam!

Anyway, I'm happy to say that PMs are being sent! Watch out for your mailboxes, because by the end of the day they'll be all sent. If you don't get yours, please let me know :)
Happy readings, everyone!

Good to hear everything went well :)

And I'm really looking forward to this exchange :D

I haven't received a pm yet

but I would like to ask you guys to tell which book (s) you got, since I think I might like historical fiction and it might become my next it-thing. But since I do not have a clue what's out there and don't know where to get that information I thought I'd look to what you guys are sending. So that I can a have a starting point as to where to begin.

We haven't exchanged books yet but after we do we will post what we receive, so stay tuned!

Thanks, Libera13. I now have the name/address to mail my book to.

But I'm giving a little warning: I leave in a few hours on a week long biking tour, so I won't be able to send anything before I get back. (Books sent to me should be safe, because my partner is still at home working. Poor boy!) ;)

will look for something this weekend and mail it out on monday.

Will sort something out by the end of next week.

teggers 8 yrs ago
PM received
Thanks!

I'll go down to the post office later today and send it off to my historical partner :)

I second that :)

just dropped it at the post office.

today. Hope it arrives soon :-)

And I received it! Thanks so much, I've seen this book in shops but never really thought to try it.

Sorry for the delay, I have been waiting for a book to be delivered.

for "The Road to Jerusalem" - this is so cool! How did you know that I love stories about the crusades and the Knights Templar?

Wow, I'm amazed at how quick that went! :) Also very glad you liked it and that it was such a great fit for you :D Enjoy!!

Today I received two books from Deltic, Ines of my Soul by Isbel Allende and Harlequin by Bernard Cornwell. Im sure I'll enjoy both of them.

...from Yorkshire-lass: THANK YOU so much for the book _The Last Queen_ by C W Gortner , which was on my wishlist, and the chocolate bar! :-D Very, very cool! Looking forward to reading this! I am sure I will enjoy it.

Your package arrived in this morning's post. Domino by Ross King.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/9978065/

This looks "right up my street"! Thank you!

yesterday. On my first ever BC meeting! :)

yesterday. On my first ever BC meeting! :)

very happy with what i got !

The music of the spheres by elizabeth redfern, such a pretty hardback !

"The Red Queen", by Phillipa Gregory. Great!!!!

a beautiful looking wishlist book. Thanks a lot teggers!! http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/10001097

I didn't even realize it was a wishlist book! Glad you like it.

Thank you stringofpearls for The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8388971/
It looks like a very interesting story.

Thank you also for the bookcrossing labels, the lovely cloth bookmark (looks like something historic-embroidary like), the stamps for my dad (he'll appreciate them) and the postcard of Escondido, California. It looks like a beautiful place to live.

PS- I forgot the See's butterscotch lollypop! I'm eating it right now and realized I forgot to write it. Good choice in candy to send. It is 33 C (91 F) where I live right now in Ontario and feels like 40 C (102 F) with the humidity. Chocolate would have melted for sure.

I'm glad the package made its way to you in the aftermath of the postal strike :) Enjoy!

"Sent my book a while ago, no journal entry yet. The recipient is someone who's active on the boards, so I'm hoping it got there ... "

Unfortunately, I am thick as a brick ... the book has been in my school bag the whole time, stamps on it and everything ... will send it out in tomorrow's mail. I am SOOOOO sorry.

"Sent my book a while ago, no journal entry yet. The recipient is someone who's active on the boards, so I'm hoping it got there ... "

Unfortunately, I am thick as a brick ... the book has been in my school bag the whole time, stamps on it and everything ... will send it out in tomorrow's mail. I am SOOOOO sorry.

LOL. I haven't done that one yet. But I have posted a package and later go to make release notes and completely forget which book I sent. :o)

With the postal strike we've had here and the back-log of packages I've had to send since, my package only went out at the end of last week so it will be late too.

Thanks for "The Fifth Day of Christmas - Best of Betty Neels" and a Florida alligator postcard!

Thank you so much Meg72! :)

I got "Montenegro", a book about the first world war
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/6881898/
And "Crown in Candlelight"
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/7770668/

I'm really looking forward to reading them both! :)

I sent my book about 2 weeks ago and other parcels I sent at the same time have long since arrived :(

I sent my book about 2 weeks ago and other parcels I sent at the same time have long since arrived :(

Don't worry Releanna, your parcel has arrived yesterday! :) Maybe it got stuck somewhere... Anyhow, thank you for The Welsh Girl by Peter Ho Davies. I haven't heard of it but it sounds interesting! Thank you for it, the beautiful postcard (how did you know I love Klimt?! :D) and the yummy chocolate :)

Releanna 8 yrs ago
I'm glad
that the book finally arrived :)

Thank you, DubaiReader for the book "The Very Thought of You". I don´t know the book and it sounds interesting.

And I hope the receiver will enjoy it :)

TWO wish list books, and some fun goodies, besides! Thank you!

Oh good!! Glad you're happy with the books and stuff. I'm happy it arrived safely.:)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.